Hojo to Goofy's for brunch

jhryb

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hoping for some help regarding a morning commute from Hojo's to the Disneyland resort for brunch. Friends of mine are asking me for advice. They will be staying at the Howard Johnsons and they have a mid morning brunch at Goofy's. I told them that it will take approx 25 minutes to walk there (this was just a guess - can anyone confirm?). Is there anyway that they can get there via a shuttle? What do you recommend? They do not want to tire themselves out at the start of the day.
Thanks,
Jennifer

What time is their brunch? If they can enjoy an hour or 2 in the parks when they 1st open (loveliest time to be there for low crowds) they could make there way back to Goofy's from there (they could hop on the monorail in Tomorrowland and get off near the Rain Forrest Cafe or just walk), if they want to go from HoJo's to Goofy's they could take a taxi, we did this one time but our meal was early *prior to park opening.

well if they are paying for a shuttle pass on the ART system, they can just catch that and walk straight through downtown Disney. It is a good walk, but not too bad unless you have any mobility issues, in which case a taxi would only be about $5.

well if they are paying for a shuttle pass on the ART system, they can just catch that and walk straight through downtown Disney. It is a good walk, but not too bad unless you have any mobility issues, in which case a taxi would only be about $5.

Is the shuttle pass something that they need to pay for in advance? They booked their room directly through the hotel and not through the disneyland website. Can they still get a shuttle pass? How much does it cost and is it convenient/frequent?
Thanks

I really wouldn't use the shuttle if they are at the HoJo. In fact when we stayed at the HoJo and ate at GK we just walked. We had a later bfast booked tho so we were in the parks and just walked from there. I would say the HoJo to GK is probably about 20-30 min, you have to walk thru security, thru DTD to the DLH.

We walked it with all four of our girls. It's not bad at all!!!:goodvibes You're not race walking your just strolling and there is so much to see too! You walk all the way through Downtown Disney so there is so much to see you don't even notice. :thumbsup2 My husband uses google maps a lot. You could find the distance on the map of the Hojo to Goofy's. Then take that distance go to a map of your home and see what it is in distance to in relation to your home. :thumbsup2 But I'm telling u it really isn't that bad!:lovestruc

I second Disneymama's advice: hit the park at opening and enjoy your morning in DL and then take the monorail over to DTD and head to brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter