Hitting The Wall!

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
....... Have you "hit the wall" in Orlando - when you feel so pooped and 'parked out' that you couldn't really appreciate what the parks have to offer?

When you feel like that do you take a day off? What do you like to do?

We visited Busch Gardens after a week in Orlando and the day after we'd driven to Clearwater Beach, and I really could have just lazed on the beach all day. I just could not enjoy BG because I just felt soooo tired.

Do you have a 'down' day where you just laze about the pool or are you too anxious not to miss anything?

When we want a day of from the parks, I like to go shopping, I find it is good therapy, well it makes me feel better anyway.

Guess!!!!!!

(and any answer from my three is unauthorised and, therefore, irrelevant)

Hi Shirley,
We are lucky as we have always gone for 3 weeks, so it means we can afford to have a few 'down days', we usually do 3 or 4 days in a row in the parks, and then have a day relaxing by the pool, or go shopping. I really think you need to relax in between, or as you say, you can get 'parked out'.
It did happen to us the first year we went , we went to MK early one morning, and planned to stay all day for the parade and fireworks in the evening, but we were so worn out, we only stayed there until lunch time and called it a day, as we were all getting irritable with each other, and if we had stuck it out and stayed till the end, it probably would have spoiled the day.
GARY & HELEN:)

we definitely hit the wall last year - we has some 'quiet' days planned the first week, Cypress Gardens and Kennedy Space Center, but they both seemed to involve a lot of walking and weren't actually very relaxing.

By the second week, when we moved to WDW, we were just exhausted, so one day we just slept in, swam a little - went shopping (but actually we were so tired that even shopping was no fun), and eventually went to MK about 6ish for SpectroMagic and the fireworks.
This year, I am trying to remember to include some more down time, because that kind of exhaustion is just no fun.

Bev

We've found that spending some quiet time at Animal Kingdom is a great way to recover our energy after 'hitting the wall'. I think both Jane and I feel a bit frustrated if we spend a lazy day by the pool as it seems such a waste of precious time in Orlando. Shopping isn't terribly relaxing for either of us, and we charge around like mad things when we are at the water parks.

So, finding a shady spot at Animal Kingdom to watch the world go by or the animals frolic is just about perfect for us. Ahh, can't wait for August...

Regards

Rob

We tend to avoid doing full days in the parks when possible. When we have stayed on site this was an easy strategy to follow with a UMP as we only did Disney. Last year we stayed in a villa and had a flex ticket so we could come and go at USF/IOA and SW. We had a five day hopper plus for Disney and we did 5 pretty full days at Disney but even then we only stayed all day twice.

This year we are in a villa again and we are getting the flex ticket and the ten day Disney ticket so we can pretty much come and go as we like at all the parks which will suit us fine.

It's supposed to be fun, remember!!!!!! LOL.

Hi Gang,

We aways try and get the MUST DO RIDES out of the way first thing in the first few days. Then kick it back and ENJOY the Atmosphere. Spend Time around the pools then go spend the afternoon in MK and pop over the see Fantasmic for the 6 time casuse it a good show.
It Changes the way you "Attack" the Parks if you get an AP.

APs all the way, no more hitting the the wall.

Paul & Rene

Disney Freaks :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We don't do full days in the parks either.

I accept that I'm never going to do everything in a fortnights holiday so I try not to regret the things I don't have time for but enjoy the things I can - and getting over tired is definitely NOT enjoyable.

I found that staying on site and having a lenght of stay pass (or whatever they're called now) slowed me down and made me feel that it didn't matter if I left the parks early.

(funnily enough I've had the same feeling that I don't have to stay in the parks until closing time to get my "money's worth" at home by getting an annual season ticket for Tussauds group - Thorpe Park etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter