Historically ...when does Free Dining Promotion start in UK?

Toffeelady68

Earning My Ears
I understand that Free Dining is never guaranteed, however I am at a point were I would like to book my holiday, but will hold off for a while incase the promotion is released...just wondering what month the promotion started last year and previous years ?
Thanks in advance:worship:

My husband and I just got back from 2 weeks with free dining, and we worked out we saved the equivalent of $2500. Admittedly we took full advantage of drinks and expensive menu items, and probably ate more than we should, but if like us food is a big part of your holiday free dining is defiantly worth holding on for if you can.

We booked on day one last year, the conformation e-mail came in on April 19 so I think that was the starting date last year.

I'm waiting in hope as well that it will be released next year. Looking to book for our honeymoon, will rent DVC points if can't get the dining. :cool1:

Edit: Just heard rumours on the DIBB from a few people that TUI and Travel agents have advised them of a promotion set for the 11th and booking for around the 22nd!

Last edited:

I'm waiting in hope as well that it will be released next year. Looking to book for our honeymoon, will rent DVC points if can't get the dining. :cool1:

Edit: Just heard rumours on the DIBB from a few people that TUI and Travel agents have advised them of a promotion set for the 11th and booking for around the 22nd!
Thanks for the heads up ! April does seem to be the month that if they are going to o this Promotion thats when it'll happen - Fingers crossed all round !

I understand that Free Dining is never guaranteed, however I am at a point were I would like to book my holiday, but will hold off for a while incase the promotion is released...just wondering what month the promotion started last year and previous years ?
Thanks in advance:worship:
Hi,

We have booked our flights already and got in a panic about Star Wars opening and all hotels getting booked up. We have booked a value resort, but were told by the lovely CM we spoke to that if a new promotion comes out, we can call up to change our booking, transfer over our deposit and just pay a £50 admin fee (hoping for free dining so we can change our booking to a moderate and still save money!)

Hi,

We have booked our flights already and got in a panic about Star Wars opening and all hotels getting booked up. We have booked a value resort, but were told by the lovely CM we spoke to that if a new promotion comes out, we can call up to change our booking, transfer over our deposit and just pay a £50 admin fee (hoping for free dining so we can change our booking to a moderate and still save money!)

So my understanding was this is free dining for next year not this year? Or do they re-release free dining for this year? I booked for free dining for this September last year when they did their Easter offer

So my understanding was this is free dining for next year not this year? Or do they re-release free dining for this year? I booked for free dining for this September last year when they did their Easter offer
Via Disney Holidays UK there won't be anymore free dining for 2019. There maybe a promotion for nights free, which @button409 could switch to prior to their final payment date.

If you booked now for 2020, then Free Dining came out that covers your dates, you could then switch. I've done that before.

as others have said. Traditionally April but there’s no way dining as we know it will be the offer. Star Wars is too lucrative for them, they don’t need to offer anything. I think it’ll be “breakfast” or something. But that part is pure speculation

as others have said. Traditionally April but there’s no way dining as we know it will be the offer. Star Wars is too lucrative for them, they don’t need to offer anything. I think it’ll be “breakfast” or something. But that part is pure speculation
Free dining is only worth it for DDP, For QS or Breakfast it makes very little difference if you buy a stay and add the plan yourself.

Hi, yes so we are travelling in January 2020, keeping everything crossed they release a dining promo for next year

I’m sorry but how does anybody really know other than Disney as to whether U.K. free dining will be released for 2020?

If tour operators have indicated it is likely surely they must have been given some info?

I know Stat Wars in the community is a really big thing, but Disney is a business who knows they need to fill rooms and U.K. guests take long reservations. So it makes sense to offer it to fill up some rooms, they can always not offer other discounts if room booking ps are ahead of schedule later, in much the same way that controls air fares.

BTW whilst I’m new on this board I’m a long time contributor to Trip Advisor boards including Disney.

Every year there are rumours about not offering free dining but I agree alanandline that no one has a clue really. The TAs know nothing in advance they just get the date that there is going to be some sort of announcement. I personally think that they will keep free dining as it is a money spinner for them but who knows other than Disney! We shall see on 11th April which appears to be the date Disney has told TAs they are announcing some sort of offer.

I’m sorry but how does anybody really know other than Disney as to whether U.K. free dining will be released for 2020?

If tour operators have indicated it is likely surely they must have been given some info?

I know Stat Wars in the community is a really big thing, but Disney is a business who knows they need to fill rooms and U.K. guests take long reservations. So it makes sense to offer it to fill up some rooms, they can always not offer other discounts if room booking ps are ahead of schedule later, in much the same way that controls air fares.

BTW whilst I’m new on this board I’m a long time contributor to Trip Advisor boards including Disney.
Welcome!!

The TA Boards are a nightmare for misinformation about Disney Parks globally, how did you last so long?!

Welcome!!

The TA Boards are a nightmare for misinformation about Disney Parks globally, how did you last so long?!
I don’t know, I found out a lot of information for when I last went back in 2014. I’d agree there are a fair few people who post things either for the sake of it or just wrong information. But there are also a good few people that give genuinely what they believe to be true.

I think the same can be said of most forums. I also post in Brittany areas and Salou for Port Aventura.

I don’t know, I found out a lot of information for when I last went back in 2014. I’d agree there are a fair few people who post things either for the sake of it or just wrong information. But there are also a good few people that give genuinely what they believe to be true.

I think the same can be said of most forums. I also post in Brittany areas and Salou for Port Aventura.

To be fair the PA section was pretty useful when I researched that trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!