Hilton BVP to Saratoga Springs Trail

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
How do I get from Hilton Buena Vista Palace to SSR to run their path? Do I have to go through DS or is there another way. I always wanted to run this path and I have one morning to do it! Thanks!

Well...from a cursory look at Google maps, looks like the entrance to BVP is right across from Broadway--the SSR main road. So I would just cross E Buena Vista (carefully) and you can pick up the sidewalk running towards DS and then take the resort paths that goes off to the right. Have a look on Google Maps. The resort paths are all coded green, so you can see how to get there. And here's a link to the SSR map, which shows what they consider to be the "jogging" paths.

https://allears.net/wp-content/uploads/archive/acc/ResortMaps/saratoga-springs-treehouses-map.pdf

Well...from a cursory look at Google maps, looks like the entrance to BVP is right across from Broadway--the SSR main road. So I would just cross E Buena Vista (carefully) and you can pick up the sidewalk running towards DS and then take the resort paths that goes off to the right. Have a look on Google Maps. The resort paths are all coded green, so you can see how to get there. And here's a link to the SSR map, which shows what they consider to be the "jogging" paths.

https://allears.net/wp-content/uploads/archive/acc/ResortMaps/saratoga-springs-treehouses-map.pdf
Ok. I’ll study some maps. I’d rather not cross through all of DS. Thanks!

Also, depending on what time of day you go, they will not let you run through DS if DS is not open.

Take either the red (crossing E Buena Vista Dr) or take the blue route to the overpass. I have drawn them both to meet up at the end of the docks.

If it is late at night or very early in the morning, you may have to take the path along the water to enter Congress Park (I believe some of the side paths through the tress are closed and can be very dark). Just follow the water until you get near the pool.

Take either the red (crossing E Buena Vista Dr) or take the blue route to the overpass. I have drawn them both to meet up at the end of the docks.
View attachment 564059

If it is late at night or very early in the morning, you may have to take the path along the water to enter Congress Park (I believe some of the side paths through the tress are closed and can be very dark). Just follow the water until you get near the pool.
This is perfect!!! Thank you!!!

View attachment 564059

In January when I ran my virtual marathon, I had kind of hoped to take the overpass bridge (blue path) off property for part of my run, but since they are doing temperature screenings, and controlling access to DS a little more (maybe??), the bridge to DS from SSR was blocked off and closed until 9-9:30 (close to 10) when DS opened. So just be aware that the overpass bridge and then the bridge from DS to SSR may be closed early, so your best option (when maybe traffic isn’t too bad) is to probably cross Buena Vista carefully, and if you are there late enough return the other way??

In January when I ran my virtual marathon, I had kind of hoped to take the overpass bridge (blue path) off property for part of my run, but since they are doing temperature screenings, and controlling access to DS a little more (maybe??), the bridge to DS from SSR was blocked off and closed until 9-9:30 (close to 10) when DS opened. So just be aware that the overpass bridge and then the bridge from DS to SSR may be closed early, so your best option (when maybe traffic isn’t too bad) is to probably cross Buena Vista carefully, and if you are there late enough return the other way??
Great point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter