Hills in San Diego Zoo and scooters

year2late

<font color=green>I bite off the head of <font col
San Diego Zoo has very steep hills. Has anyone here taken their scooter to this zoo?

Our town is flat and my moms scooter (celebrity2000)doesn't get much of a workout.

Thanks!

No but I have taken my wheelchair to the National Zoo and have not had a problem as long as I could find the ramps to use. Some entrances have stairs there.

In Jan of this year we were at the San Diego Zoo!!

I had to rent one of their [bad knee] scooters. It is the 4 wheeled kind and did excellent in their deep canyons,everything is down hill then back up again!! But If the walkers in the party want to ride a bus out of the bottom of a canyon, to go to another part of the zoo,the scooter can't go on that bus ,they don't have that capibilty.

We had good walkers in our party and We had a blast!! The Skyway was the best part!! You can ride it to the back of the zoo and get a look at some animals not out in the main zoo!! Or if you walk to the back of the zoo you can then ride to the front!!

Take a camera with a zoom to get good shots of the critters!! And go to the Animal Show you will see some special animals up close.

The Bus Tour was is a good way for non walkers to see alot and it is set up so you can take your scooter right to the bus then transfer on to the bus, they will hold your scooter for you!!

I hope this info helps you!!

The SD Zoo has lift-equipped vans that will pick you up and take you to another part of the park (down into or back up out of the canyon for ex.) They will call the van for any disabled guest in a wheelchair or not. (At the time we went, 2 yrs ago, I was still using a cane, no wheelchair yet.) Our driver was really nice, and basically gave us a little private bus tour along our route, telling us all the extra tidbits that don't come up on the regular tram-tour.

Also, they had a program where a disabled guest could bring a "carer" (their term for attendant) in with them for free. So you could get one person in at no cost for each disabled person in your party. We did bring medical documentation, but did not need it.

Sea World also had a similar program that was an attendant could get their ticket for 1/2 price. You had to go the the Guest services window next to the ticket windows to buy those tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter