Hillary Supporters unite....no bashing please! only smiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw tonight on the news that Huck is on McCain's list for VP - nothing says disaster like putting him on the ticket!
For real? I think that you could slap a Democratic label on anyone and that person could beat that ticket handily. What is McCain thinking?

Now Keith Olbermann is apologizing:

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/04/keith_olbermann_apologizes_for.php

Keith Olbermann Apologizes For Crack About Hillary
By Greg Sargent - April 25, 2008, 5:28PM

As I've noted here before, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann has a bizarre tendency to listen to the substance of criticism against him. Even more strange, considering that he's a top-shelf media star, is the fact that he apologizes for his conduct when he's wrong.

Today Olbermann apologized in response to criticism of a crack he made the other night about Hillary.

The barb in question came in a discussion with a guest about the fact that the super-delegates were going to have to resolve the Dem primary. Olbermann said: "Right. Somebody who can take her into a room and only he comes out."

This line drew some very sharp criticism from The Huffington Post's Rachel Sklar, who noted acidly that Olberman could "only mean one thing: Beating the crap out of Hillary Clinton, to the point where she is physically incapable of of getting up and walking out."

Which prompted Olbermann to send Sklar an apology:
It is a metaphor. I apologize: the generic "he" gender could imply something untoward. It should've been "only the other comes out -- from a political point of view." You could've called for reaction first if your main motive had merely been criticism.

Not to quibble with the great KO, but does he really call people for reaction before pillorying them as "The Worst Person In The World"?

The larger context here, obviously, is the hostility that MSNBC has shown towards Hillary for months and months now. Recall that David Shuster apologized for his "pimp" comment about Chelsea and that Chris Matthews apologized for effectively saying that Hillary would be cleaning toilets in a Dunkin' Donuts if it weren't for Bill.

And now Keith has apologized for suggesting that a burly super-del should manhandle Hillary into unconsciousness. Seems like the boys over at MSNBC have done a lot of apologizing to Hillary of late.

For real? I think that you could slap a Democratic label on anyone and that person could beat that ticket handily. What is McCain thinking?

McCain is thinking - I need to give the Christian conservatives a reason to come out and support me. He needs the red states to stay red.

McCain is thinking - I need to give the Christian conservatives a reason to come out and support me. He needs the red states to stay red.
I think that Huckabee will turn off way more people than he'll attract. McCain needs the Independents too.

What sexist pigs all around. As smart and capable as Hillary is, how can people say she'd be nothing without Bill. Heck, in my opinion, he'd be nothing without her. :mad:

:thumbsup2

Even back in the 90's I always said SHE WAS THE BRAINS!

I think they are both incredibly intelligent! Chelsea has some pretty good genes! DO you think we'll be having a thread for her in 20 years?

I think they are both incredibly intelligent! Chelsea has some pretty good genes! DO you think we'll be having a thread for her in 20 years?

If my parents were so heaped with abuse in public life, politics would be the last place I would want to be.

When we get ready to start a new thread, would someone post a link here? I seldom wander away from my subscribed threads these days.

Off to read a few articles that y'all have posted.

I think that Huckabee will turn off way more people than he'll attract. McCain needs the Independents too.

See - I think he'd be on the ticket - solely to appease the Christian fundamentalists who may stay home, as they don't particularly care for McCain either........

I think he'd be more likely to choose Romney anyway. The man has money.

I sent a link to a joke to a few of you. Didn't want to post it because it's adult humor. PM if you want the link. No Obama folks...I don't want to offend anyone, okay?

What sexist pigs all around. As smart and capable as Hillary is, how can people say she'd be nothing without Bill. Heck, in my opinion, he'd be nothing without her. :mad:

KO is an idiot. Never have liked him. And he has always came across as a womanizer.

See - I think he'd be on the ticket - solely to appease the Christian fundamentalists who may stay home, as they don't particularly care for McCain either........

I think he'd be more likely to choose Romney anyway. The man has money.

I see Romney a more likely VP for him than Huckabee.

I cannot wait for the general election if Obama gets the nom. He gets flustered at any negative questioning and the GOP are ready to pull out all the stops against him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/26/us/politics/26ticket.html?hp

They can start with Obama's own words from The View:
"Had the reverend not retired and had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I believe is the greatness of this country, for all its flaws, then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying there at the church," the senator said.

http://www.press.org/calendar/caldbevent.cfm?eventid=15205
Dr. Wright will retire from Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago in June

From the interview with Moyers:
REVEREND WRIGHT: The persons who have heard the entire sermon understand the communication perfectly. What is not the failure to communicate is when something is taken like a sound bite for a political purpose and put constantly over and over again, looped in the face of the public. That's not a failure to communicate.

I cannot wait for the general election if Obama gets the nom. He gets flustered at any negative questioning and the GOP are ready to pull out all the stops against him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/26/us/politics/26ticket.html?hp

I have said this all along - starting from "Day One" (pun intended) - the GOP will have a FIELD DAY with him.

Yeah - they'll attack Hillary too - but they attack her so much and so often - those attacks are same old same old......

What was that line again...something about heat? I think a kitchen was involved? :confused3

;)

Not sure I'm following................

PS - good to see your daughter back in your signature - she was missing there for a while!

I guess what has me so upset about this race is this: I honestly feel that the Obama supporters are being deceived.

Obama is just another politician that has already proven that he will use underhanded tactics and whatever else will work for him in order to win this election. He does have it in his favor at the moment that he is winning and what underhanded stuff he does largely gets ignored in favor for whatever his campaign is crying out about Hillary on.

And honestly, Hillary is not tearing the Democratic Party apart. This has gotten out of hand… some people who wanted her out began crying that she’s hurting the party… people jumped on board and ran with it from there. She’s not tearing the party apart unless the people want her to tear the party apart. She’s running for election.. and oh-my-gosh! She’s not that negative or hard on Obama at all. He’s much worse on her… has been for quite awhile now. Him not negative campaigning? Yeah, I guess that all of the false campaign mailers and ad’s he’s run in various states against her was positive campaigning because, after all, he’s not like any other politician out there: he brings hope and change. ;)

Don’t even get me started about his tantrums with the media…and the Obama supporters and the media give Hillary so much grief for tearing up once before a primary? She’s not the one who whines ‘Unfair!’ when asked hard questions (and she’s been asked AND answered a heck of a lot more hard questions than Obama) and she doesn’t ignore the media when she feels that they are spinning her negatively. Which, if she were to do that, she’d never be speaking to the media….:rolleyes:

Should Obama somehow win the general election in November (which I seriously doubt he can once the Republicans have their field day with him) I honestly don’t believe that the man will bring this country the ‘hope’ and ‘change’ that he’s promised his supporters. Between his arrogance and his lack of experience in politics, I find him to be just as dangerous as Bush has been the past eight years… not in the same ways as Bush… but I still don’t believe that he’ll make a good president at all.

I hardly even read about the attacks on Hillary any more. They are the same old same old and most of them just make my eyes glaze over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter