Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

Like Kathy, we are back from our trip and I'm trying to get caught up with all my Dis'ing. In my opinion, you can never have too many pictures of Living With The Land. It's one of those attractions that I can see/do over and over again.

You were able to knock out a lot of attractions and eat lunch is just a short period of time. Way to go!

I love the Photopass pictures of you two. John and I aren't big on PDA but I don't mind a picture of two of us smooching while at Disney.

Dee, I'm slowly catching up on the DIS now that I'm back home.

What a lovely update. When we were there last week, that open spot on the Norway ride that overlooks the walk below was boarded up...but the ride was going. :confused3

We did both the China and Canada films last week (plus American Adventure).

That slush looks yummy.

Love the photopass pictures...especially the smooching one. :)

:welcome: back!

Oh, no! I hadn't heard anything about that part of Maelstrom being boarded up. Wonder why that is.

I'll be interested in hearing how the girls liked the movies. We took the boys to the American Adventure a couple of trips ago. I thought they would be blown away because they both love history. There were a bit "meh"

:sad2:

Photopass is great! Especially if you are in a share. But that has become much more difficult to do now with Memory Maker and the photos linked in to your Magic Band, I hear.

The Disneyland photopass advanced price is $70 and that includes the ride photos!

:cool1:

Like Kathy, we are back from our trip and I'm trying to get caught up with all my Dis'ing. In my opinion, you can never have too many pictures of Living With The Land. It's one of those attractions that I can see/do over and over again.

You were able to knock out a lot of attractions and eat lunch is just a short period of time. Way to go!

I love the Photopass pictures of you two. John and I aren't big on PDA but I don't mind a picture of two of us smooching while at Disney.

:welcome: back to you, too!

I think I figured out why Living with the Land is so popular for photos. You don't need flash for the pictures of the plants, so it is one of the rides where pictures actually come out half-way decent.

We had a pretty successful trip to EPCOT that day.

If ya don't smooch at Disney, where are ya gonna smooch???

:love2:

We returned to our room at the Beach Club around 3:30 pm.

Pool time!

I put on my pajamas* and got ready for a visit to Stormalong Bay.

*If you don’t get that reference, check out this chapter of my trip report
Fireworks and Friends at the pool

Nobody else in the family wanted to join me, they decided to do their own chillin’ in the room.

If you have stayed at the Yacht Club, Beach Club or Beach Club Villas, you know how big this pool complex is. Some of the areas:

Activities pool
Waterfall area
Kiddie area with the sand bar
Lazy River
The Jib Slide

Heck, in the FAQ thread, we even have a labeled map to help keep everything straight!

SABgoogleearth2.jpg

THANK YOU so much to skelooch for providing this incredible labeled birds-eye view of Stormalong Bay!!!

Here is a sampling of my pictures. Anyone care to guess how many pictures I took in this hour-long trip to the pool?

I think this is the whirlpool, with a small current

There are lots of activities that take place at the pool throughout the afternoon:

This is the Changing of the Guards/Cupid Shuffle

Shallow Kiddie Area:

Continued in Next Post

Jib Slide

Let’s take a ride on the slide!

View of SAB from the slide stairs

When I was done with my swim- you may call it a photo session- tomato/tomahto… I had one more very important piece of research to perform

Continued in next post

I had one more very important piece of research to perform.

My first Sunken Treasure in its natural habitat.

As some of you know, the unofficial drink of the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread is the Sunken Treasure.

This drink is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna’s, but it is so popular that most of the bartenders will still make it if they know the recipe. And if they don’t, well, some of us come prepared with laminated copies of the recipe!

During my 2010 trip to the Beach Club, I was waiting in line for a Sunken Treasure after a swim in SAB with Ben. It was right before our dinner at Le Cellier, Ben was hungry and whiny and complained about the length of the line. I bailed.

I did have an opportunity to sample a version of the Sunken Treasure in an unusual place (from my Mexico 2013 trip report):

Sunken Treasure (Tesoro Hundido)

Those of you who are here from the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ board know that the Sunken Treasure has been adopted as the signature drink of our subforum. This drink is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna s Pool Bar, but if you find a bartender who knows how to make it, or if you bring the recipe, you can sometimes still get one.

I brought my own laminated recipe card with me to Mexico. At an opportune time (that is, when Mark wasn t around to be completely mortified), I asked a bartender if he would make one for me. I showed him the card. He was intrigued. He showed it to his manager who was also amused. He said no problem, except they do not have Malibu rum at the bar, so he just used regular rum.

P1130980.jpg

I tipped the bartender well for doing this special favor for me. When we came back about 20 minutes later for drinks to take on our sunset walk, the bartender was bending over backwards to help us. My husband asked "How much did you tip him???"

The drink was yummy! (along with a Sex on the Beach)

P1130985.jpg

But now, it was time to enjoy a Sunken Treasure as intended, around SAB and the Beach Club:

Next up: Anniversary Night

Ok first you make laugh out loud by "slipping on your pajamas" for the pool:rotfl: Then you make me sigh out loud with the picture of you and your first ever sunken treasure in it's natural habitat no less:woohoo:
I would really love to be at SAB right now but unfortunately the school run beckons so I guess I'd better go :lmao:
Love the trip on the slide by the way oh and I'm guessing you took 131 photos or thereabouts :rotfl:

You can never have too many pictures of storm along bay!!!
So glad you finally got your sunken treasure! :thumbsup2
I hope you had a comfy swim in your pj's :rotfl2:

I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at the Changing of the Guard/Cupid Shuffle. We did not see that when we were there last year (but we spent very little time at the main pool). That was great. And your pictures are lovely.

Why would they take a popular drink off the menu? They better never take my Turtle Krawl away from Old Key West. :laughing:

Wonderful pictures, Dee.

Not gonna lie Dee. As soon as I realized you were headed back to Stormalong Bay, I started giggling...

God, when you look at that overhead view it looks even more impressive.

I always feel self conscious taking photos at the pool areas, so I can now just enjoy your hard work. :goodvibes

OMG the "down the slide" photos are fab!!

How wonderful to finally get your Sucken Treasure. My goodness that does look good. Of course, I'm kinda partial to Blue Curacoa. Mmmmmm Candy...

Okay, even though you asked us to guess how many pictures you took, I lost count and gave up. :laughing:

The changing of the guards -- what a great idea! How fun!

You took so many pictures that I was going to ask if you ever got in the water, but then when you posted the pictures going down the slide I realized that you were using your waterproof camera! Good thinkin'!

So, is the sunken treasure that good that I should seek getting one made even though it's not on the menu anymore? :confused3

Anyone care to guess how many pictures I took in this hour-long trip to the pool?

Not nearly enough, because you only had one hour?

Love the pictures of the pool slide - well done!

I'm going to have to enjoy my first Sunken Treasure in August.

I'm guessing you took 131 photos or thereabouts :rotfl:

Close!

;)

Okay, even though you asked us to guess how many pictures you took, I lost count and gave up. :laughing:

:rotfl2:

Not nearly enough, because you only had one hour?

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!!!

:goodvibes

Don't fear, though- more SAB pictures coming when I post the chapters from my final afternoon.

I took around 100 pictures that afternoon- some of the subjects did not make it into this part of the report (the kiddie slide area, the drink refill station at Hurricane Hanna's).

PS- I probably should have done an over/under. More total pictures of our room view or SAB? (I think the answer is room view) :cloud9:

Ok first you make laugh out loud by "slipping on your pajamas" for the pool:rotfl: Then you make me sigh out loud with the picture of you and your first ever sunken treasure in it's natural habitat no less:woohoo:
I would really love to be at SAB right now but unfortunately the school run beckons so I guess I'd better go :lmao:
Love the trip on the slide by the way oh and I'm guessing you took 131 photos or thereabouts :rotfl:

I'll have to pull together a swimming/sleeping ensemble for my August visit to SAB.

I didn't even remember I took those pictures on the slide, but I'm glad I did.

Thanks for your photo guess!

You can never have too many pictures of storm along bay!!!
So glad you finally got your sunken treasure! :thumbsup2
I hope you had a comfy swim in your pj's :rotfl2:

That is correct- never too many pictures.

I enjoyed my drink and my swim!

:)

I was :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at the Changing of the Guard/Cupid Shuffle. We did not see that when we were there last year (but we spent very little time at the main pool). That was great. And your pictures are lovely.

Why would they take a popular drink off the menu? They better never take my Turtle Krawl away from Old Key West. :laughing:

Wonderful pictures, Dee.

Thanks so much for the comments about the pictures. It really is funny to see all of the guards there together. I can't remember if it was here or on a trip someplace else where we say a bunch of lifeguards standing together and Mark commented

"You are all set if you start drowning. Right. There!"

I don't know why they took the Sunken Treasure off the menu. I have a feeling that it actually became more popular when they stopped selling it if you know what I mean.

The Turtle Krawl sounds SOOOOO good! All I can say is if they do take it off the menu, get your laminated recipe card ready.

:rotfl2:

Not gonna lie Dee. As soon as I realized you were headed back to Stormalong Bay, I started giggling...

God, when you look at that overhead view it looks even more impressive.

I always feel self conscious taking photos at the pool areas, so I can now just enjoy your hard work. :goodvibes

OMG the "down the slide" photos are fab!!

How wonderful to finally get your Sucken Treasure. My goodness that does look good. Of course, I'm kinda partial to Blue Curacoa. Mmmmmm Candy...

Glad I amused you. I always seem to make a "splash" at SAB!

The pool complex is SO BIG!!! You actually can't capture the whole thing in a single photo. That map is so great.

I probably should be more discreet taking (and posting) pool pictures, but... oh, well!

I was happy with the slide pictures when I looked at them.

Getting the Sunken Treasure was just the right thing to do.

:lmao:

The changing of the guards -- what a great idea! How fun!

You took so many pictures that I was going to ask if you ever got in the water, but then when you posted the pictures going down the slide I realized that you were using your waterproof camera! Good thinkin'!

So, is the sunken treasure that good that I should seek getting one made even though it's not on the menu anymore? :confused3

That's what I love about the waterproof camera. It is what I use for most of the photos I take. It also came in really handy for the weather conditions later that night!

My big girl camera comes out only on special occasions when it is convenient (that is, not near water, not when I am riding thrill rides at theme parks) and I am going to have to figure out how to use it more.

The Sunken Treasure is yummy, but for me it was a matter of symbolism and thorough research!

:rotfl:

Brill photos!!!! Cant wait to try the Sunken Treasure. :cool1:

Thanks so much! Your countdown to the Sunken Treasure is not too, too far away!

:)

LOL Glad you had all the proper clothing for your visit to Stormalong Bay.
I can't wait until Johnny gets home from work today. I'm going to sit him in front of the desktop computer with the big monitor and scroll through all your SAB pictures again and again and again (and maybe again.) SO gorgeous and I can not wait to try it out for myself!!
Your sunken treasure looks good! I'll have to have myself a fancy drink by the pool next time. I'll have to research non-alcoholic choices (either that or have a tastebud transplant before then! :lmao: )

LOL Glad you had all the proper clothing for your visit to Stormalong Bay.
I can't wait until Johnny gets home from work today. I'm going to sit him in front of the desktop computer with the big monitor and scroll through all your SAB pictures again and again and again (and maybe again.) SO gorgeous and I can not wait to try it out for myself!!
Your sunken treasure looks good! I'll have to have myself a fancy drink by the pool next time. I'll have to research non-alcoholic choices (either that or have a tastebud transplant before then! :lmao: )

Thank you so much!!!

When you get bored of my pictures, here are a couple more galleries from the FAQ thread to look through:

SAB Photos, Pixarmom August 2011 and January 2013
More SAB pictures, by Pixeldust October 2012

Can't wait until I have the opportunity to add YOUR SAB pictures to this list.

You did it!!!! You obtained the very elusive empty SAB hot tub photo!!! And it's during the day! Wow - I'm impressed. I've been trying to get that photo for years and have been defeated by hot tub dwelling guests every time. Well done!

Ah, Stormalong Bay...so dreamy. Ah one day I hope to stay at the Beach Club and experience SB for myself:love: Great pictures and what a way to spend your time at a "photo session." :beach:

You did it!!!! You obtained the very elusive empty SAB hot tub photo!!! And it's during the day! Wow - I'm impressed. I've been trying to get that photo for years and have been defeated by hot tub dwelling guests every time. Well done!

Well, I can't very well keep assigning missions to my minions and not complete any myself!

:thumbsup2

Ah, Stormalong Bay...so dreamy. Ah one day I hope to stay at the Beach Club and experience SB for myself:love: Great pictures and what a way to spend your time at a "photo session." :beach:

I really enjoyed myself that afternoon. Sad to say, the boys never made it to Stormalong Bay during the trip- they really don't care about swimming while at Disney- but that allowed me to go freely where I wanted and to take all of the pictures I wanted without :rolleyes1

I do hope you book a stay at the Beach Club someday. I would love to help you plan!

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter