• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hijinks & Shenanigans but not much Mayhem@The Dark Side+Disney:Link to DL/Hawaii TR

So it has been awhile since I have posted a trip report update.

When we left off, we had just finished with our first ride on the redesigned Test Track and were waiting for our FP time on Soarin’.

Where to wait?

And now, may I present a gallery of photos that I (and let’s admit it, you) have taken a million times already!

After our photosynthesis photo safari, it was time for Soarin’ again.

Next up: a trip to

Then:

Continued in Next Post

Lunching in the Land

Time for lunch at our favorite Future World QS- Sunshine Seasons

I love the food here. So many great selections for entrees (although I never stray from the Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad. MMMMMmmmm). Unbelievable choices for dessert! Crème Brulee? or Strawberry Shortcake?

Here’s the menu:

Here’s what we ordered

One of the Asian meals- Cashew Chicken?

Tuna with Noodles:

Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad

Nate’s favorite- the grilled pork chop with mashed potatoes

Strawberry Shortcake -Not Just For Breakfast Anymore, right Rob & Brenda?

Continued in Next Post

After lunch, we somehow unanimously agreed to go to an attraction we haven’t visited in years:

After successfully Finding Nemo, it was time to get a little more intense. Still not time for our Test Track FP (1:40-2:40) but we decided to head in that direction for Mission:Space. We are green riders. No more orange for my family after Ben’s previous experience

“I puked! 3 times!”

We were acting pretty silly before and during the ride. I love the boys’ smiles in these pictures. I’m not exactly sure what we were saying or doing, but I remember the words “Knock off those Hijinks! And Shenanigans!” were issued.

Finally, it was time to use our FP for Test Track:

Having learned I couldn’t add the Test Track ride photo to my regular photopass card, I was ready for the red-neck version:

The boys spend a little time when we were done playing the racing game

Let’s recap our morning in Future World (8 am to 2:20 pm):

Soarin’ (standby)
Test Track (standby)
Living with the Land
Soarin’ (FP)
Club Cool
Sum of All Thrills
Lunch at Sunshine Seasons
Finding Nemo (who knew?)
Mission: Space
Test Track (FP)

Not a bad morning. But who sees what is glaringly missing???

Space Ship Earth, of course! Ben really wanted to do this but it was time to move on to the other half off EPCOT. With a promise that we would be back tomorrow*, our last day, after our morning at Hollywood Studios to take a last ride on Space Ship Earth, we were off to explore the World (Showcase).

*Dun-dun-dunnnnnn…

Next up- An Anniversary to Remember: We’ll always have Paris

I have never been to a 6 flags either. I just can't do those big rides much anymore either.
We have done Cedar Point many times though, and over the years I find it getting to be dirty. In the old days it was a clean park!

Nice morning at Epcot. Claire and I like to have the strawberry shortcake for breakfast. We share, but I think next time we will each get our own. she is a pig!! :rotfl:

Uh oh!! Sounds like you might miss out on Spaceship earth....which is a favorite of Claire's as well.

Yep have all those pics from LWTL :) my DH loves that ride. Lol
Sunshine Seasons is great! But even though we're in FW lots of times we will still walk/boat over to WS bc we just LOVE the food there. Particularly the fish & chips for DS16.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It doesn't matter how many pictures I already have of LwtL, I always take more. Usually the same ones all over again too!
Mmmm I love Sunshine Seasons, but Johnny doesn't so we always have to take turns. That Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad looks so yummy!
I am a MS green rider. Johnny is an orange team member if he goes solo and I take his word for it that my stomach "couldn't handle it!" :rotfl:

We were acting pretty silly before and during the ride. I love the boys’ smiles in these pictures. I’m not exactly sure what we were saying or doing, but I remember the words “Knock off those Hijinks! And Shenanigans!” were issued.

I love pictures like that, those really honest happy moments. Adorable. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 (And great TR title material!)
You guys got so much done! But an asterisk and a "Dun-dun-dunnnnn" can never be a good sign. :worried:

Nice update. The days of being able to get FP for Test Track and Soarin' in one morning...those were the days!

I had a roasted beet and goat cheese salad at a restaurant not in WDW last night and it was pretty good. Next time we at in Epcot I'll have to check it out..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Correction. I have only taken those photos 999,997 times, so we're all good!! :thumbsup2

Ahhhh Club Cool. Where all the cool people hang out. You just cannot pass up free drinks.

OK, I was getting REALLY concerned there Dee as I was scrolling through the Seasons items and what I thought was going to be a lack of Shortcake. THANK GOD!!!! And yes, it is good anytime!!!!!!!!!

WOW you all got a lot done. The last time I rode Mission Space I got a little queasy. Thankfully there was no "refunding" of food, but it did surprise me considering the rides I've done with no effect. May have been just an off day.

Brilliant morning-you got so much done :thumbsup2
Love the LWTL photos just because you're right we all have them :rotfl2:
My boys adore club cool because what's not to love about "free" drinks (those entrance tickets honestly dont cost us a thing :confused3:rotfl:).
Cant believe SSE is in danger of being missed :scared1:
Looking forward to hearing more :)

First thing I noticed with the FT pictures was the boys smiles, they look like they were have a great time. Glad you were able to capture the picture. My kids talk way to much to get a shot of everyone smiling, someone always has there mouth open.
I could use some strawberry shortcake this morning. Last trip was our first time to try. It was right after IlliumiNations and Elizabeth looked at me like I was crazy getting a last minute snack before heading out. After her first bite she was glad we made the effort.

I have never been to a 6 flags either. I just can't do those big rides much anymore either.
We have done Cedar Point many times though, and over the years I find it getting to be dirty. In the old days it was a clean park!

Nice morning at Epcot. Claire and I like to have the strawberry shortcake for breakfast. We share, but I think next time we will each get our own. she is a pig!! :rotfl:

Uh oh!! Sounds like you might miss out on Spaceship earth....which is a favorite of Claire's as well.

Going to a regular amusement park really drives home the difference between "rides" and "attractions"

Yes, definitely get your own strawberry shortcake!

Spaceship Earth- that is the one (very minor) disadvantage of the International Gateway entrance from the Beach Club. SSE is not always in your direct path at EPCOT. Fortunately, we had the opportunity to enjoy SSE a couple of times earlier on the trip- on our way (late) for our dinner at La Hacienda and the previously when we traveled from MK to EP.

:thumbsup2

Yep have all those pics from LWTL :) my DH loves that ride. Lol
Sunshine Seasons is great! But even though we're in FW lots of times we will still walk/boat over to WS bc we just LOVE the food there. Particularly the fish & chips for DS16.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Funny- lots of pictures from the garden part of LWTL, but not many of the earlier part of the boat ride before- the Amazon and the prairie. They come out too dark.

:(

I love Sunshine Seasons- I can never decide if it is my favorite QS at EPCOT, though. I also love Tangierine Café.

:goodvibes

Loving the pictures. That salad looks amazing! I want to eat there just for that!

Thank you! The salad is definitely worth the trip! The dressing is slightly sweet and the salad is just SO good. I have been known to get this twice on the same trip!

It doesn't matter how many pictures I already have of LwtL, I always take more. Usually the same ones all over again too!
Mmmm I love Sunshine Seasons, but Johnny doesn't so we always have to take turns. That Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad looks so yummy!
I am a MS green rider. Johnny is an orange team member if he goes solo and I take his word for it that my stomach "couldn't handle it!" :rotfl:

I love pictures like that, those really honest happy moments. Adorable. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 (And great TR title material!)
You guys got so much done! But an asterisk and a "Dun-dun-dunnnnn" can never be a good sign. :worried:

The salad is fantastic. Bummer that Johnny doesn't love Sunshine Seasons. There is such a variety on the menu, but I don't think chicken nuggets.

If in doubt about M:S orange, skip it!

Yes, the candid, genuine smile on Nate's face warms my heart!

Nope. * and Dun-dun-dunnnnnn when you have made a promise to your kid are not good signs.

:worried:

Nice update. The days of being able to get FP for Test Track and Soarin' in one morning...those were the days!

Thank you!

The new FP+ tiering at EPCOT is a bummer. We didn't know if we would be able to get FP for both attractions and we are so glad we did.

:cool1:

I had a roasted beet and goat cheese salad at a restaurant not in WDW last night and it was pretty good. Next time we at in Epcot I'll have to check it out..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I :love: that salad. I order similar salads when I am out, and I have also made a version of this at home, but none of them have been as good as the one at Sunshine Seasons.

::yes::

Correction. I have only taken those photos 999,997 times, so we're all good!! :thumbsup2

Ahhhh Club Cool. Where all the cool people hang out. You just cannot pass up free drinks.

OK, I was getting REALLY concerned there Dee as I was scrolling through the Seasons items and what I thought was going to be a lack of Shortcake. THANK GOD!!!! And yes, it is good anytime!!!!!!!!!

WOW you all got a lot done. The last time I rode Mission Space I got a little queasy. Thankfully there was no "refunding" of food, but it did surprise me considering the rides I've done with no effect. May have been just an off day.

I will venture a guess that after your next trip, you will pass the million mark!

Club Cool- where you stay longer than you intended because your shoes are glued to the sticky floor.

Of COURSE there was Strawberry Shortcake!

Do you always do the orange version?

:scared1:

Brilliant morning-you got so much done :thumbsup2
Love the LWTL photos just because you're right we all have them :rotfl2:
My boys adore club cool because what's not to love about "free" drinks (those entrance tickets honestly dont cost us a thing :confused3:rotfl:).
Cant believe SSE is in danger of being missed :scared1:
Looking forward to hearing more :)

We had a super morning!

Must take those pictures! I think since this is one of the attractions that is so well lit and you don't need flash, it is the perfect place for taking pictures.

Don't "free drinks" always taste better? Well, maybe not Beverly.

At least we had a couple of rides on SSE this trip.

:laughing:

First thing I noticed with the FT pictures was the boys smiles, they look like they were have a great time. Glad you were able to capture the picture. My kids talk way to much to get a shot of everyone smiling, someone always has there mouth open.
I could use some strawberry shortcake this morning. Last trip was our first time to try. It was right after IlliumiNations and Elizabeth looked at me like I was crazy getting a last minute snack before heading out. After her first bite she was glad we made the effort.

Yes, lots of smiles that morning. We were having a great day!

That strawberry shortcake is a standout amongst all of the fantastic desserts in the bakery display at Sunshine Seasons.

Mmmmmm

And now, may I present a gallery of photos that I (and let’s admit it, you) have taken a million times already!
So true and I'm just as guilty of posting them on my TR but I still love to see them! :thumbsup2

Time for lunch at our favorite Future World QS- Sunshine Seasons

I love the food here. So many great selections for entrees (although I never stray from the Roasted Beet & Goat Cheese Salad. MMMMMmmmm). Unbelievable choices for dessert! Crème Brulee? or Strawberry Shortcake?
We LOVE Sunshine Seasons too!! As you said, so many selections and when we take our grown kids, it works out so well since our tastes vary so much.

Great update!!

Wow! Looks like you all did a lot in your first half of Epcot! Nice job with the back to back "cool" attractions of Living with the Land and Club Cool. I love those both for a nice break from the summer heat.
It has been a very long time since I have eaten at Sunshine Seasons. (I'm obsessed with the fish-n-chips in the UK) Looks like there is a lot of variety of foods to choose from and that pork chop looked delicious!
Well look forward to hearing about the other half of your day at Epcot:thumbsup2

Your post has resulted in me officially adding Sunshine Seasons to our August itinerary so I can have the roasted beet and goat cheese salad with a strawberry shortcake chaser. MMMMmmmm

So true and I'm just as guilty of posting them on my TR but I still love to see them! :thumbsup2

We LOVE Sunshine Seasons too!! As you said, so many selections and when we take our grown kids, it works out so well since our tastes vary so much.

Great update!!

So nice to have a built in audience here who appreciates that these photos just MUST be taken and shared!

The menu at SS is just so varied and I always think I am going to try something different, but nope! Can't do it!

Wow! Looks like you all did a lot in your first half of Epcot! Nice job with the back to back "cool" attractions of Living with the Land and Club Cool. I love those both for a nice break from the summer heat.
It has been a very long time since I have eaten at Sunshine Seasons. (I'm obsessed with the fish-n-chips in the UK) Looks like there is a lot of variety of foods to choose from and that pork chop looked delicious!
Well look forward to hearing about the other half of your day at Epcot:thumbsup2

You know, I have never had the Fish & Chips from the UK!

:sad2:

It is tough for me to stray from that salad, and when I do, it is for a taste of Morocco.

The other half of the day, with my other half (and kids) in the other half of EPCOT was nice. Coming up early this week, I hope.

:)

Your post has resulted in me officially adding Sunshine Seasons to our August itinerary so I can have the roasted beet and goat cheese salad with a strawberry shortcake chaser. MMMMmmmm

I do not think you will be sorry.

In my last update, I had described our pretty awesome morning in Future World, including a fantastic lunch at Sunshine Seasons. I think I sold more than one person on my favorite Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese salad.

Now, we were off to conquer the World.

Should we got to Mexico?

Norway, Jose!

Normally we make a stop at Mexico- I love the atmosphere of the pavilion and the boat ride usually does not have a line. But we bypassed it this time for a different boat ride.

HEY! What is that coming out of that opening above the falls??? ;)

Line was not too bad, maybe 10-15 minutes

Back, Back Over the Falls!

This must be a troll road!

After the ride, we sat down in the theatre to enjoy the movie about Norway.

Just kidding!!! We ran out of there like zombies were chasing us!

:lmao:

The Chinese pavilion is beautiful.

It has been years since we have seen the Circle Vision movie here. I’m not sure the boys ever have. But this was not the year.

What we were in the mood for was a cool drink.

This?

No, we chose this, a mango tea slush:

It was yummy and refreshing.

As long as we are walking this way, a trip to Karamel Kuche. I mean Germany is in order.

Oh, do I love this shop! But what to choose?

Ben and I stopped to watch the trains for a bit.

Continued in Next Post

Continued from previous post

Trains in Germany:

We walked right by Italy, and then for some reason I don’t have any more World Showcase pictures.

But, we did encounter a photographer on the bridge overlooking Paris. The photographer saw our anniversary buttons and insisted that he take our picture. The boys continued on through the International Gateway to the Beach Club while Mark and I had our photoshoot.

I love this picture of the two of us:

And a little anniversary smooch :love:

Next up: Break at the Beach Club

Let’s take a spin!

That's a great photo Dee! I love that feeling of speeding along the track... of course my hair is usually whipping around my face so I can barely see. :)

The other thing I really wanted for Mothers's Day was a very extravagant, indulgent gift.

A plane ticket.

To Florida.

To attend a very important event:

August 2014 5th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet

Monday August 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

That's awesome!!! How exciting to look forward to that.

My anniversary is just days after yours - we are on the 22nd.

Getting caught up with your Dis stuff and the non Dis!

Your son was "Beverly'd" How funny!

Sum of all Thrills is a fun activity. I love the realistic loops and corkscrews. I seem to recall you saying that Mark worked for Raytheon in a past life??

I'm a Malestrom fan - gotta love those trolls. Too funny with your "troll road" :rotfl2: I ditch the movie after as well.. pardon me, excuse me while I exit in the back here. After seeing that short little tourism film about a half dozen times I think I'm good.

Karamel Kuche - my new favorite snack place in Epcot! The salted caramel anything has my name on it.

What a nice anniversary photo at Epcot. The smoochy one is especially appropriate given the occasion. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter