Higher Capacities - Protocol Changes?

jktmom

Mouseketeer
How do you think Disney plans to accommodate the higher capacities we are starting to see while still implementing necessary Covid protocols? How do they plan to accommodate dining, entertainment and activities?

Just read a startling review about wait times for everything from the 10/15 weekend sailing. I think guests will be furious if this continues and I know I will be furious if I book with one set of protocols in place and get on board to find out they have been changed.

Getting super worried about my upcoming sailing. The secrecy around how many people are going to be onboard is not really fair in my opinion.

I’ve already heard that the elevator limitation signs have been removed. We sailed on 10/2 and they were being loosely followed at that time.

I’ve already heard that the elevator limitation signs have been removed. We sailed on 10/2 and they were being loosely followed at that time.

On the 10/15 cruise I just did, we did not see any elevator limitation signs and almost no one seemed to care.

Can you be more specific about the review information? What wait times? We sailed twice last month and it was really great and I felt very safe from a covid perspective. We are booked B2B on super expensive holiday cruises in December and now I'm getting concerned.

we sailed twice last month and things have been changing since. Not sure what to expect on our next cruise. I try to follow everything.

Here's hoping the eliminate all restrictions asap. I've been to multiple events in the past couple of months such as several football games, a hockey game and large and small concerts, and have had no concerns whatsoever. I'm paying full price for a November cruise and I'd like to get full value. It's going to happen eventually.

Can you be more specific about the review information? What wait times? We sailed twice last month and it was really great and I felt very safe from a covid perspective. We are booked B2B on super expensive holiday cruises in December and now I'm getting concerned.

we sailed in the beginning of October as well but that was with 1400 people and it was great and felt very safe. Some sailings have had 2000+ And with things like every other table closed on the pool deck and 13 person capacity in the pool and 16 kids in the splash area cannot be maintained with 2000+ people let alone more. So either people are going to spend their entire vacations waiting in line and being told events and shows are at capacity or Disney is going to relax the safety protocols currently in place.

Here's hoping the eliminate all restrictions asap. I've been to multiple events in the past couple of months such as several football games, a hockey game and large and small concerts, and have had no concerns whatsoever. I'm paying full price for a November cruise and I'd like to get full value. It's going to happen eventually.

i think this is why they should be forthcoming with capacity numbers. You booked wanting a full cruise with full offerings. I booked wanting a reduced cruise and am willing to accept reduced offerings as a compromise to being on a reduced capacity sailing. People should be able to make the choice that suits them for the extreme cost of a Disney cruise, They should not have to guess and follow these boards to try and figure out what experience they might end up getting.

i think this is why they should be forthcoming with capacity numbers. You booked wanting a full cruise with full offerings. I booked wanting a reduced cruise and am willing to accept reduced offerings as a compromise to being on a reduced capacity sailing. People should be able to make the choice that suits them for the extreme cost of a Disney cruise, They should not have to guess and follow these boards to try and figure out what experience they might end up getting.
Actually I booked long before covid. My cruise has been ppd twice. If they're reducing the offerings, the price should be reduced too. Silly me.

we sailed in the beginning of October as well but that was with 1400 people and it was great and felt very safe. Some sailings have had 2000+ And with things like every other table closed on the pool deck and 13 person capacity in the pool and 16 kids in the splash area cannot be maintained with 2000+ people let alone more. So either people are going to spend their entire vacations waiting in line and being told events and shows are at capacity or Disney is going to relax the safety protocols currently in place.
I'm for the latter obviously.

Neither of those options are satisfactory for us - I'm really starting to worry.

Won't happen anytime soon, especially by November. Restrictions are what keeps Disney sailing. The minute a COVID outbreak happens on a Disney cruise ship, they're docked for a long period of time. Your personal feelings don't go very far in impacting how Disney is going to treat their business. I get you booked and paid full price long before COVID, but you can always cancel or postpone to another time when COVID restrictions are likely to be loosened up. Next month isn't that time, though.

Won't happen anytime soon, especially by November. Restrictions are what keeps Disney sailing. The minute a COVID outbreak happens on a Disney cruise ship, they're docked for a long period of time. Your personal feelings don't go very far in impacting how Disney is going to treat their business. I get you booked and paid full price long before COVID, but you can always cancel or postpone to another time when COVID restrictions are likely to be loosened up. Next month isn't that time, though.

I agree they wont be removed by November, but without going too far off topic, as of right now the CDC has minimal authority over cruise lines in Florida due to a lawsuit, but DCL et al are keeping CDC requirements in place on a voluntary basis. Also, the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order (CSO) is set to expire November 1st, and there hasnt been a lot of chatter about extending it. So we will have to see how it all plays out. But I agree that restrictions will likely be in place for a long time.

I agree - I sailed twice in September with reduced capacity and it was an excellent experience. Plenty to do and I felt very safe. I do not want to sail in 2021 with significantly reduced safety procedures.

We all knew DCL couldn't sail long at reduced capacity, right? They are losing a ton of cash right now so how can we expect them to continue . At the end of February we are sailing on the Fantasy and have no expectations for reduced capacity and we're fine with that. If people are not comfortable going on a cruise they probably need to make another vacation choice. Everyone's comfort level is different.

Probably an important distinction to make is the difference between actual protocol or policy vs reported experiences. I think many assume some of the reports from onboard have been due to protocols, when in fact such experiences were simply due to lower demand (thus fewer passengers onboard).

Also, similar concerns were voice as WDW capacity increased -- people booked hoping for a reduced capacity experience or expecting certain restrictions/limitations that were subsequently lifted. A word of advice to anyone traveling... expect changes and be flexible, especially if not booking near-term. Anything can change.

Probably an important distinction to make is the difference between actual protocol or policy vs reported experiences. I think many assume some of the reports from onboard have been due to protocols, when in fact such experiences were simply due to lower demand (thus fewer passengers onboard).

Also, similar concerns were voice as WDW capacity increased -- people booked hoping for a reduced capacity experience or expecting certain restrictions/limitations that were subsequently lifted. A word of advice to anyone traveling... expect changes and be flexible, especially if not booking near-term. Anything can change.
Exactly.

No elevator restrictions on the fantasy right now. We have shared elevators with lots of other guests. No signs out.

I definitely agree but changing protocols after people have booked is not acceptable. We booked 2 weeks before both cruises we have taken for this exact purpose and the experience we had 3 weeks ago is nothing like what is being reported from the last two weekend cruises. Now those are only a few reports and could very well be exaggerated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter