Higher Capacities - Protocol Changes?

Won't happen anytime soon, especially by November. Restrictions are what keeps Disney sailing. The minute a COVID outbreak happens on a Disney cruise ship, they're docked for a long period of time. Your personal feelings don't go very far in impacting how Disney is going to treat their business. I get you booked and paid full price long before COVID, but you can always cancel or postpone to another time when COVID restrictions are likely to be loosened up. Next month isn't that time, though.
Disney won't consider my personal feelings in making corporate decisions? Who knew. Canceling or postponing again isn't an option.

Actually I booked long before covid. My cruise has been ppd twice. If they're reducing the offerings, the price should be reduced too. Silly me.
You received a 25% bonus for applying this money to the new cruises.

You should also read the T&C of the cruises you are booking. Nothing in there tells you that you will get X number of character gatherings or "full elevators" or certain reduced capacity or another set of experiences based on vlogs.

If you are not willing to adapt to traveling in a pandemic, there is no need to!

You received a 25% bonus for applying this money to the new cruises.

You should also read the T&C of the cruises you are booking. Nothing in there tells you that you will get X number of character gatherings or "full elevators" or certain reduced capacity or another set of experiences based on vlogs.

If you are not willing to adapt to traveling in a pandemic, there is no need to!
I know what I received and I know that they don't promise this or that. Nevertheless, I still would like to receive what I feel is full value for what I paid. That is my opinion. You can have your own opinion and you can accept the reduced experience. I don't like it.

I agree... so it would be nice if DCL would give people an understanding of what life on their ships will be like so we can plan or cancel accordingly. Having just got back from a trip to Aulani we understand better what we are and are not comfortable with - now we just need to figure out what the ships will be doing.

Yep, if we had known that they were going to stuff the boat as full as they could, we would have cancelled. While the kiddos had fun, that was not a good experience for us, especially having to plan our kids club time slots days in advance due to low availability.

There is no way DCL can continue to keep capacity low. Sailings will get more full around the holidays and as more and more people feel comfortable sailing. Restrictions everywhere are being eased. We now are allowing international passengers, not so stiff mask mandates, etc.

I know what I received and I know that they don't promise this or that. Nevertheless, I still would like to receive what I feel is full value for what I paid. That is my opinion. You can have your own opinion and you can accept the reduced experience. I don't like it.
Fully respect your opinion. To be sure, I'm usually the one calling out the cruise lines.

The issue is, some people are now expecting cruise lines to offer things that they never have.

There is one poster here asking Disney to publish occupancy information so they can walk away if the ship is too crowded - and there is another who wants Disney to scale back all restrictions like in 2019 or they will walk away. Neither of this is what Disney promised you when you booked your cruise.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/whats-included-in-cruise/

Disney's value proposition throughout the pandemic has been -as much fun as can be had while staying within safety guidelines. The nice thing about sailing with a company as diversified as Disney is they don't have to be the cruise line that takes the big risks first. ie. increased capacity and loosening restrictions. They have the capital to wait out that process and see(no pun intended) how other lines fair with loosened restrictions. My guess is there won't be big changes soon.

There is one poster here asking Disney to publish occupancy information so they can walk away if the ship is too crowded - and there is another who wants Disney to scale back all restrictions like in 2019 or they will walk away. Neither of this is what Disney promised you when you booked your cruise.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/whats-included-in-cruise/

You're right, Disney never promised to publish occupancy information, they only promised a magical experience. If you think waiting in line for 20 minutes to grab a bowl of fruit for your kids is a magical experience, or your kids waiting in line for 30 minutes to use a pool for 15 minutes is a magical experience, well, most people would disagree with you. But by all means, keep on insisting Disney is in the right by stuffing as many people as they can on a ship without regard to customer experience and is in no way shape or form obligated to let people know what their cruise experience will actually be like.

Darn, now I wished we cruised a 2nd time. Our August cruise was truly a Dream. We're looking at late November but I think it will be a zoo by then. Forget it.

I find it hilarious when people on a Disney Park forum are appalled at the idea of waiting in a line for anything. :rotfl:
You're coming off as just a bit entitled. I would relax a little bit, you'll enjoy yourself more!
If you walk on the ship convinced you're getting ripped off, then you're going to have a bad time.
Disney didn't create this environment. They're doing the best they can to make people happy in the situation. Judging by the almost-universal rave reviews being given by recent cruisers, they seem to be doing pretty good in an extremely difficult situation.

I agree... so it would be nice if DCL would give people an understanding of what life on their ships will be like so we can plan or cancel accordingly. Having just got back from a trip to Aulani we understand better what we are and are not comfortable with - now we just need to figure out what the ships will be doing.
No company will ever do that. They will point all the good, all the things they are doing. Companies rarily point out what they have removed.

But they could publish maximum capacity for sailings so people could make an educated decision about their own personal comfort level and safety.
The max capacity doesn't add to that, as you cannot tell how people move around the ship. If the ship is at reduced capacity of 50%, it sounds fine. But if the 1000+ are all together in the Atrium watching the princess greet, it is very full.
It is more helpful to be open about capacity limits for certain areas or activities.

If you think waiting in line for 20 minutes to grab a bowl of fruit for your kids is a magical experience, or your kids waiting in line for 30 minutes to use a pool for 15 minutes is a magical experience, well, most people would disagree with you.
It looks you already know what the experience will be like. Or can be with crowds. If those metrics are important to you, why not stay home, take a different vacation, get a refund, or reschedule? Is there a reason why you need to be on a ship right now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter