High school graduation present

If you plan to give a laptop check with the college your child will attend to find out if they have any laptop recommendations or requirements. I have been saving special t-shirts to get a t-shirt quilt made for high graduation.

My son graduates next year. We're paying for his senior class trip to WDW. We're actually paying on that now.

He will also have a big party. That's more for us. He's the first child, grandchild and great grandchild on all sides. We are going to celebrate.

Last edited:
My daughter is going on a beach vacation with all her friends a few days after graduation. She is paying for it herself. I think her gift will be us contributing money towards the trip. My mom is buying her laptop for college so I think we'll just give her money. She's been saving for awhile for this trip,

This will tell you about how old I am but my parents gave me an electric typewriter. Our oldest is finishing up his sophomore year of high school so we have time, but I am thinking college and all that entails is a good gift ;) (We have 529s for the kids and they already have laptops).

DD18 graduates this week.

We bought her a laptop for college (she had a chromebook for home) and are giving her a party the night before. That's about it.

When DS22 graduated from HS, he wanted a Mac (much more expensive with high end graphics for his major). That was part of his Christmas, graduation and birthday gift. For his college graduation, we gifted him the car he had been driving. When he finishes grad school in August, we will change over the title and he can start paying for his own insurance. Happy Graduation!

When I graduated HS my parents got me a laptop and threw me a party. When I graduated college, I got a trip to Disney (just my boyfriend and I, since my dad can't travel and my mom can't leave him alone). When I graduate from grad school next May, it'll be a partial disney trip that I'm also paying for.

My daughter graduates high school on Sunday. We bought her a laptop. I also bought grad ears, Disney gift card and a grad Minnie to give her since we are going to Disney to celebrate her graduation. I can't say that is her graduation present because we would go this year anyway! I did let her pick the resort (Poly) and most of the dining. She wanted to go in summer so she can wear her grad ears - I am dreading the heat.

My oldest graduated a year and a half ago and we got him a laptop. He wanted a specific one that was a bit more, but we were willing to buy it for him as he needed one for college.

Middle son will likely get one at graduation as well.

When my daughter graduated, we did not give her a gift. We had already started paying all the expenses for the college dorm, room deposit, etc. That was enough of a gift, and she was happy with all that.

Yeah, I am only giving laptops because their colleges require them, or at least strongly recommend them, so it is part of their college expense.

We gave both of our kids a MacBook Pro. (If you do that, check with the college -- they may have discounts, also Best Buy usually has a program during this time for discounts)

I did wrap up the book All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned from a Disney Golden Book which is sort of appropriate for a time of change in your life and of course she loves Disney illustrations as well.

Other than that, we did a reception for her, will likely be buying a laptop, and possibly a different vehicle. She has a pickup but it's terrible for winter driving and also DH likes to have a little beater pickup around so he doesn't have to get his nice one out, so we're thinking of keeping it here and getting her something with FWD or 4WD.

My daughter graduates high school on Sunday. We bought her a laptop. I also bought grad ears, Disney gift card and a grad Minnie to give her since we are going to Disney to celebrate her graduation. I can't say that is her graduation present because we would go this year anyway! I did let her pick the resort (Poly) and most of the dining. She wanted to go in summer so she can wear her grad ears - I am dreading the heat.
This is almost an exact ditto for our daughter graduating this year. She is bringing a friend to Disney - who is also graduating (and has never been) - to celebrate her graduation. They too will be will be walking around the parks in their grad ears. Bringing a friend is in lieu of doing a grad "party" but we can't really call the trip her present since we also go every year. I too will be getting her a laptop which she will need next year at college.
For his college graduation, we gifted him the car he had been driving. When he finishes grad school in August, we will change over the title and he can start paying for his own insurance.
My older daughter who is going to be a senior in college next year also got a laptop for her high school graduation. For her college graduation, I am planning to gift her the car she has been driving which is currently in my name.

For those of you with high school seniors about to graduate, are you getting them a present for graduation?

In my family, we got dress watches for high school graduation.

I've asked around and heard everything from a car (!?!) to cash to nothing.
Our daughter graduated two years ago but she chose to have a party with about 30 guests, so that was her gift.

She wanted a candy buffet and Chipotle catering, so that's what she got.

Gosh I am reading these and thinking to myself you all are so generous!! I took dd on a trip to Disney just her and I and then we went on a cruise with 12 of her closest friends and their families in April. I didn't consider any of that her gift though but I might now lol!!! We bought her a car when she turned 16 which we didn't do for our son's and so that might be her pre-gift now too! In all actuality we are throwing her a graduation party and that is really our gift. I offered to give her the cash we would spend on the party or she could have the party - she chose the party. She will probably get more money than I am spending on the party so I guess she is pretty smart :-)

Three years ago, DS wanted a WDW trip for his graduation gift. So that's what we gave him. DD graduates Sunday and we gave her three choices: a disney trip, cash, or my car (they would all have the same value). She chose my car, which is fine- I get a new one! LOL!

My DD graduates in a week. We will be getting her a laptop but I don't consider it a graduation gift. I consider it a necessity for college. We are also going to WDW with a friend but we often go to WDW in August.

My DD wants an Alex and Ani bracelet.

my DD is a junior in HS so I still have a year to decide. I see most of you guys are buying laptops for your kids. Do your kids actually use laptops? My DD uses her ipad for almost everything. If she has big paper to do sometimes she uses her chrome book (she uses google docs) it's very possible that it's just our house hold. We got rid of all our pc's and laptops years ago since we all have iPads.
I love the idea of doing a trip for her graduation

my DD is a junior in HS so I still have a year to decide. I see most of you guys are buying laptops for your kids. Do your kids actually use laptops? My DD uses her ipad for almost everything. If she has big paper to do sometimes she uses her chrome book (she uses google docs) it's very possible that it's just our house hold. We got rid of all our pc's and laptops years ago since we all have iPads.
I love the idea of doing a trip for her graduation
Yes my son definitely wants a laptop. He will buy it with gift money. Every college student I have asked said a laptop is a must.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter