Hidden Gems - QS

At first when I heard the meal plan changed for the mod resorts I was kind of bummed that this might be the new FD route. When I've gone and stayed mod and got FD I loved having the option of 1 QS, TS, & snack a day. But now that I've had time to think over the new set up I think of all the extra time you could get back from not having a sit down meal. Plus all the food options :scratchin!

Here are a few of my favorites over the years:

BOG (for lunch) - love the turkey sandwich and grey stuff
Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe - the honey chicken, oh myyyy
Pizzafari - really good chicken caesar salad
PizzeRizzo - I haven't eaten here but when it was Pizza Planet I liked it so I figure the food won't be THAT off
Casey's Corner - corn dog nuggets!
Columbia Harbor House - one of my hands down, all time favorites. The portion sizes are well worth a QS credit! Fresh tuna salad, lobster roll!!!, chicken pot pie, fried shrimp, mac & cheese, fish & chips. There are so many possibilities here you could probably eat here a few times. I LOVE going upstairs to eat and looking down at the people and if you time it right the FoF parade does by here.
Peco's Bills - I love their fajitas and self serve toppings bar. Yuuum
Sunshine Seasons - very good breakfast & lunch/dinner options. French Toast bread pudding for breakfast? Yes please!

And then DS the possibilities are endless. There are so many good counter service spots. I just found out Homecoming has a take and go menu and I can't wait to try their food when I go next month since we couldn't grab a reservation :confused3

Are you going during F&W by any chance? You can make excellent use of the snack credits at the booths.

At first when I heard the meal plan changed for the mod resorts I was kind of bummed that this might be the new FD route. When I've gone and stayed mod and got FD I loved having the option of 1 QS, TS, & snack a day. But now that I've had time to think over the new set up I think of all the extra time you could get back from not having a sit down meal. Plus all the food options :scratchin!

Here are a few of my favorites over the years:

BOG (for lunch) - love the turkey sandwich and grey stuff
Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe - the honey chicken, oh myyyy
Pizzafari - really good chicken caesar salad
PizzeRizzo - I haven't eaten here but when it was Pizza Planet I liked it so I figure the food won't be THAT off
Casey's Corner - corn dog nuggets!
Columbia Harbor House - one of my hands down, all time favorites. The portion sizes are well worth a QS credit! Fresh tuna salad, lobster roll!!!, chicken pot pie, fried shrimp, mac & cheese, fish & chips. There are so many possibilities here you could probably eat here a few times. I LOVE going upstairs to eat and looking down at the people and if you time it right the FoF parade does by here.
Peco's Bills - I love their fajitas and self serve toppings bar. Yuuum
Sunshine Seasons - very good breakfast & lunch/dinner options. French Toast bread pudding for breakfast? Yes please!

And then DS the possibilities are endless. There are so many good counter service spots. I just found out Homecoming has a take and go menu and I can't wait to try their food when I go next month since we couldn't grab a reservation :confused3

Are you going during F&W by any chance? You can make excellent use of the snack credits at the booths.
I know - I'm really thinking of how freeing this trip could be. especially with 9 of us!!
Now we arrive a couple days after F&W :( Kind of a bummer, but we're taking kids from school and trying to squeeze it in right before Thanksgiving break. Always wanted to try F&W - I think that'll wait until kids are older and it's just me and DH.

though this does grab my bday & christmas (2 bucket list items for me! - we check in 2 days after my bda and I'll be at Universal on my actual bday :))

I know - I'm really thinking of how freeing this trip could be. especially with 9 of us!!
Now we arrive a couple days after F&W :( Kind of a bummer, but we're taking kids from school and trying to squeeze it in right before Thanksgiving break. Always wanted to try F&W - I think that'll wait until kids are older and it's just me and DH.

though this does grab my bday & christmas (2 bucket list items for me! - we check in 2 days after my bda and I'll be at Universal on my actual bday :))

well that will certainly be something special to celebrate your bday in WDW & US! my birthday happens to fall during the spring break madness so maybe one year my DH & I can go down and do a post-birthday celebration. a very merry un-birthday, right? :laughing: enjoy your vacation with your family, I hope you all have a blast!

Wolfgang puck express definitely! High quality food as good as a sit down. Great for dinner.
Also pizzafari in AK has great pizza we had a Mediterranean pizza last time that was fantastic! Like a greek salad and a pizza had a baby. So good!
Also Columbia harbor house! Best tuna salndwich!
We have done a QS dining only trip. It was great! I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Only reason we upgraded our free dining was to take our young son to character meals. It was worth the upgrade fee for us

well that will certainly be something special to celebrate your bday in WDW & US! my birthday happens to fall during the spring break madness so maybe one year my DH & I can go down and do a post-birthday celebration. a very merry un-birthday, right? :laughing: enjoy your vacation with your family, I hope you all have a blast!
thanks! and hopefully you get to celebrate someday there too!!

Wolfgang puck express definitely! High quality food as good as a sit down. Great for dinner.
Also pizzafari in AK has great pizza we had a Mediterranean pizza last time that was fantastic! Like a greek salad and a pizza had a baby. So good!
Also Columbia harbor house! Best tuna salndwich!
We have done a QS dining only trip. It was great! I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Only reason we upgraded our free dining was to take our young son to character meals. It was worth the upgrade fee for us
thanks! and I have done so many character meals and my son has gotten past them. LOL. Glad to hear you didn't feel like you were missing out on anything! Mediterranean pizza sounds yummy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter