Hi everybody!

What a sweet Mother's Day story, Sonya!!! Congrats again!! I sure hope little Sam will be home soon!:D

Thanks everyone. It seems to be harder to heal physically because I'm at the hosp. from 8am to 10pm so far every day and I know I will be doing this for a few more days. When I get home I see the house is a mess but I don't have time to do anything. (DH doesen't either) I check my mail, look here to relax, then try and sleep. Oh well, they told us today it might be Weds. when he comes home, not Thurs! :bounce: :bounce:
It's ironic that I might get more sleep when he's here than now, at least when he's here I can nap when he does, the hosp. frowns on people sleeping on the floor next to the baby bed!;)

Congratulations on the birth of your new little son. You & he had a bit of a rough time of it, but all will be well in the end;)

Hope you're doing ok & don't get post natal depression.

As much as I hated the policy of the hospital where DS was born, I guess there is an up side to them only allowing 3 2hr visits a day (unless the baby's condition is very serious). I was able to get plenty of rest at home. We live 45 min away so I only went 2X a day. From 8-10 and then the 8-10 in the evening with DH (the other was 2-4 I believe). They also had couches we could nap on. Tehre was actually a separate visiting room that was like a large livingroom wiht several seatign areas. The only problem was one Dr liked to use it as his waiting room. I had to get nurse to come in one day to stop 2 women from smoking while they were waiting to talk to the Dr (the baby of one of them was in intensive care and was not physically able to come into the visitation room)

Its great to hear he might get to come home a day early. Russ actually came home 2 days(if I remember right) earlier than expected.

I'm so happy you're doing well. I'm continuing to pray for that sweet little boy and his parents. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I know this has to be hard on you, even though you know he'll be with you in a few days. {{{Hugs}}}

Happy Mother's Day!

Sonya, please consider leaving the hospital earlier than 10 p.m. one day and getting some rest. When my babies were at the hospital nursery, there was no way I could leave them alone. After all, they would know that their mother wasn't there and wonder why - at 3 days old! I didn't have a C-section but I was anemic after the birth and felt rotten. Looking back at it, I really didn't need to stay at the hospital all day and half the night. I think the nurses could have tried to manage without me!;) When the babies came home, I was so tired and it was hard to keep up for a while. I would have been better off spending a little less time at the hospital and recuperating more. So please think about leaving at 6 p.m. one night instead of 10, okay?

Sonya,

Been there done that and I feel your pain. My son too was in the hosp a week because of an abrupted placenta. Unlike you, I had a lousy dr. It sounds like you and little Sam are in great hands!! I had to be dragged out of the hospital during the day to get rest and it really was the best thing anyone could have done for me. Get lots of rest and be ready to have your world rocked from now on!!! Happy first mother's day!!

tara

What joyful, happy news, Sonya. I'm so glad that your are back home and I hope that Sam is soon home with you.

I'll never forget that feeling I felt the first time I touched Travis. I don't think that there are actually words that could describe that feeling. It is a beautiful feeling, though.

Congratulations, sweetie.

Katholyn

I'm sorry - but I can't picture Sam as Sam - he will always be THOR to me!!!!!;) :teeth: :teeth:

So happy to hear that everything turned out fine for you! And Thursday will be here before you know it!:bounce:

I'm glad your home and doing better. I know it's tough to leave your child behind - my DS8 had to stay an extra 10 days after I was released. I would wake up in the middle of the night and call the hospital to check on him. It made me feel better talking to the nurse caring for him. I hope Sam comes home really soon.:D

I'm glad you and Samuel are ok, Sonya. I bet Seth was so worried.:( I'm glad to hear you had a great ending to the tale.:)

Congrats on your adorable little Thor.:) He's so handsome.:)

Sonya, 25 years ago at the end of this month my daughter was born and transferred to the NICU at Miami Children's Hospital. I got to hold her a week later when they released me from the hospital. I won't even go home. Made dh take me straight to my baby. She is now a beautiful young lady. It will all come out fine and that is what matters. Congrats

Oh Sonya, what a fright! I had a c-section too and I can't imagine what it would have been like without pain meds after!

I'm so hapy for you and am glad everyone is okay.

HAPPY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Congrats Sonya.....glad everything turned out ok....

Sam is a cutie pie

Oh my goodness, Sonya! How incredibly scary for you and your DH. I am so glad that everything turned out well. Your little guy will be home before you know it and then you can begin your new life together.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day Sonya:D . little Sam will be home in your arms before you know it:bounce: :bounce:

oh Sonya, how scary! I am so glad that you and Sam are doing better. You will have your precious little angel home in no time.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter