Hi everybody!

Sonya

Kaki Gori veteran
Well I'm back home and I've read all your posts and I'm now sitting here crying. Thank you for all your congrats.

Some of you said you wanted to hear the story so here it is. I want to post a disclaimer and say that what happened to me was extremely rare so don't worry that it will happen to you!

As many of you might remember I had a placental abruption about 3 weeks ago and then a week ago they tried an induction to try and keep delivery safe in case the placenta would abrupt again but it failed. We went to the hosp. Monday morning but it was false labor. Ugh! However on Tuesday morning I woke at 1:30 when my water broke and off we went!

We got to the hosp. and they admitted me and I filled out all the paperwork between contractions (2 minutes apart). They finally were done and Seth and I tried to rest and relax. Almost immediately I felt something was wrong and asked the nurse to look. There was a lot of blood. A lot.

She told me to hang out for a minute (yeah right, like I was going anywhere) and you wouldn't believe how fast my room was full of nurses! They prepped me for the c-section and off I went to the OR. It was so cold, I was so scared, and in such pain that I shook. They had to wait maybe a half an hour for the DR to get there and we listened to the baby's heart beat the whole time. It kept getting slower and slower. I was so scared that one or both of us would die. But the DR got there and they put me out which was a blessing b/c of the pain. I awoke with them saying "Congratulations" so I knew everything was OK.

In the recovery room Seth was there (they wouldn't let him into the OR) and I was in a lot of pain. I kpet asking for something and they kept telling me they gave it to me! I felt nothing. come to find out (30 minutes later) that the IV had blown and all the drugs went into my hand. The got that fixed and I was in heaven.

They took up by the nursery to see Sam and I'd heard others say how they fell in love with their babies at first site. I didn't believe it was possible, but the minute they put him in my arms I knew that I was in love. I couldn't blieve he was mine! We spent the day with him in our room and me on morphine. It was a wonderful day. Perfect.

However he did get an infection and is now in the NICU until the antibiotics do their job. I came home tonight without my baby and it feels horrible. I miss him so much. I will spend all day every day with him in the hosp. until he comes home, on Thursday. He's going to be fine and I'm not worried, I just wish he was well. He's doing great and eating as much as possible. I doubt he will be 5 pounds much more!

His grandparents are totally over the moon and fight to get to hold him. It's cute. Thanks again everyone for your good thoughts and prayeds and congrats!

Yay Sonya!! :) I am so happy for you! And I know Sam will do just fine.
Get some rest and take care of yourself. :)

I totally miss all of this, Sonya. Congratulations on your new baby boy. What a blessing! Your story sounds scary. I am glad you are doing so well now & that your baby is growing stronger and they are getting rid of the infection. Both of you are in my prayers.

Congratulations!

I'm glad everything is working out and baby will be home with you soon........rest NOW!! ;)

I'm glad you're okay. Sam is going to be okay, too. My daughter was badly jaundiced and had to go back in the hospital for 4 days. It was awful at the time, but now I rarely think about it. I hope your hospital is as accomodating as mine - they let me come in any time, day or night. My first visit was at midnight and as soon as I realized that they really would welcome me any time, I calmed right down. :)

I just said a prayer that Sam comes home to you, healthy and happy, sooner than you expect.

Oh Sonya! So glad this story has such a wonderful and happy ending! Little Sam will be in your arms and in his home in no time.:D

It's gotta be no fun leaving your little baby at the hosp - but it is the best place for him!
Congratulations! - and hang in there.

Sonya
don't worry, 14 yrs ago (as of the 14 of this month) DS was born after a long dry labor (nurse didnt' believe me when I said water didn't break so while checking she accidentally broke it) Russ and I both had urinary tract infections. He had to stay in NICU for 10 days to receive his antibiotics too. As horrible as it is to go home without your baby, at least you know he's coming home. I know I left that hospital in tears every time, but at least I knew he was coming home. The one good thing about it is that by the time Russ came home he was sleeping 6hrs a night wihtout waking (of course this changed when he got colic). For now get as much rest as you can when you're at home.

What a scary ordeal, Sonya, thank God everything worked out and both you and Sam are going to be okay!!! :)

Try and get as much rest as you can, you're going to need your strength for those sleepless nights ahead of you. ;)

Your son is precious and you enjoy every moment of his newborn days. Even though the days blur together they go by SO quickly.

Big {{{HUGS}}} to all three of you! :)

I'm glad everything worked out in the end. I do hope you have a quick recovery. Take care and keep us posted.

Sam will be home before you know it. I didn't go threw that like you so iy must be a horrible feeling. You take care of yourself and rest, Sams coming home soon to his mom and dad. CONGRATULATIONS, guys, many yrs of happiness and love ahead of you all. :D

That is some experience you had. It does feel strange to go home without your baby, but he'll soon be with you in his new room. Congratulations!

I so remember a freezing op room Sonya. I told them I didn't realize that instead of knocking people out that they froze them instead! They had a good laugh and gave me a blanket.

I'm happy that everything is going ok. Get as much sleep as you can right now. Can't wait until we see more pics of your beautiful red head!

Sonya--ditto what WM Michelle said, get as much rest and sleep as you can now. I know it stinks (completely stinks) that you had to come home without Sam, but he will be home with you before you know it!

Sounds like your docs and nurses did a great job. I remember how COLD the ER was too, it still sticks in my head.

I'm glad you are on the mend, and you will be well on the road to total recovery by the time Sam comes home which is GREAT.

Congratulations!!!!!

Debbie

Sonya, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and that your adorable little Sam will be home with you soon. Take care of yourself and get some rest while you can.

Sonya, glad to hear that you are home and that everything turned out okay. I am sure that Sam will be doing just fine soon. I remember hearing how rough it was for my mom to be in NICU with my brother for just over a month (29 years ago, nearly 2 mos premature & 4 pound babies weren't expected to live), so I could guess how hard this is on you. But again, congratulations!!!!!

Awww..many congratulations and {{HUGS}}. I am sure he is absolutely beautiful. He will be home before you know it!

Sonya, congratulations again. :) I'm glad you're doing well and little Sam will be home soon.
Tell hubby thanks again for letting us know. :)
{{{hugs}}}

I'm so glad to hear that you and Sam are doing well. Take care of yourself and love that baby! :)

Wow, Sonya! I'm glad both you and Samuel are fine now. NICU is an incredible place as I'm sure you know. They do amazing things there for little ones. DS was in NICU several days, and I came home without him. I had him on Easter Monday, came home Weds., and he finally came home on Friday. It was strange to be home without him. But soon your little one will be home! Wooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo! Blessings to the three of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter