HHN Chicken Exit

Sherlee

Mouseketeer
I am taking my adult daughter and her boyfriend to Universal for five days in October. They are going to HHN for one night. He will NOT do the haunted houses, but will try and enjoy the rest of the event with her. I am thinking of getting her the express pass so she can get in and out of the houses quicker. Can he stand in line with her and then escape as she enters and meet up with her at the exit? I understand the the pass also gives her access to the rides, but that will not really be an issue as we will have the express pass all week for the parks.

Problem is, he'll need an express pass to get in line with her too. And the exits are not really all that close to the entrances in many cases. I think your best bet is he will walk with her to the scan point for the house and then ask where the exit point is for that house and go wait on her there.

Yup, they both have HHN tickets - just debating the express pass option now. Thank you!
If she wants to do houses, and has only one night, I would highly suggest one. If she just wants to do one or two houses, then maybe not. More than that, I would.
The entrance/exit issue will be there even if he was able to get in line with her in the regular line.
The exits are often quite far from the entrance. It just depends on the layout of that house.
I will mention, I was very much a haunted house chicken. If that's why he won't go in. Universal houses are the only ones I'll do.
For one thing, the lines are 'conga line" style. So scares are at a minimum simply because you have folks right in front of you. There are still some just nothing like you are thinking
And the main reason I go, they quality of them. Universal puts all kinds of efforts in to the smallest of details in their houses. They are really stunning visually and I try to focus on looking at that vs what is there to scare me. It is sort of hard to explain. It was made easier when I did a behind the scenes tour with the lights on in the houses. Naturally you can see things then you'll never see going through one but now I know the some things to look for and I go through them doing that and I tend to be less frightened and more in awe of the effects and effort put in to them. If that makes sense.

Anyway, just a perspective from a former (well, still) haunted house scaredy cat

There a separate line for the express pass. He won’t be able to go past the scan point. Plus the lines are basically one way. The entrance and exit aren’t normally near each other. Express pass will cut your wait times in about half so if standby is 1hr you can expect around 30 minute wait in express. There is plenty of things to do other than the houses I would see how many houses your daughter wants to do. If she is trying to do all in one night then the boyfriend is going to be by himself a lot.

Last edited:

Thank you all very much! I have passed the information on to them for some decision making. They are attending on a Sunday night October 23. So, I am expecting larger crowds getting closer to Halloween.

I am taking my adult daughter and her boyfriend to Universal for five days in October. They are going to HHN for one night. He will NOT do the haunted houses, but will try and enjoy the rest of the event with her. I am thinking of getting her the express pass so she can get in and out of the houses quicker. Can he stand in line with her and then escape as she enters and meet up with her at the exit? I understand the the pass also gives her access to the rides, but that will not really be an issue as we will have the express pass all week for the parks.
If he won't do haunted houses, he's not going to like walking the streets. The scare zones are scarier than the houses. They are very mildly scary if scary at all. More like "startle" houses. The scare zones seem to "scare" more people than the houses. The best part of the houses is all the visuals.

he might want to try one of the houses and may find out he isn't scared. It is basically a conga line through the houses so you are never alone and that decreases the scares. The details in the houses are amazing but you don't really get to see them well as you are moving so quickly through the houses. I honestly think he would be ok going through with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter