HHI Resale

Kimber

Mouseketeer
Is $77 a point for 50 points HHI March 2019 banked into 2020 a good offer that should still pass resale? Needed a few more sleep around points and this seemed like a fair contract. Not a huge deal if ROFR, but does that seem in the safe range?

You might be ok at $77 , but ........... there has been a recent resurgence of HHI ROFR's lately . Disney is buying back HHI at a very high rate right now for some reason . We just sold a larger size HHI contract and Disney snapped it up in less than 2 weeks into ROFR . It sold for $74. PP and it was not loaded (Had only a few 2019 points left, with a Dec UY) .
Right now from what I am hearing and seeing, HHI is getting ROFRed into the mid seventies . $77 might be ok, but you never know . That is only a 50 pointer , so I have a feeling Disney is going to grab it , imho .

I think that because it one of the cheapest resorts to buy direct from Disney , a lot of people are wanting to buy the minumum direct at the cheapest resorts , just for the benefits . Perhaps Disney is trying to bankroll a lot of HHI points (maybe Vero too) , to sell direct now .......

We have an agreed upon contract, went to ROFR yesterday. Now just wait and see. We do really like Hilton Head, but I would not pay direct prices for that resort. We have been direct members since Jan 2000 BVW and AKV direct members, so for HHI it will be resales or no purchase on those. Never bought resale before so the waiting game begins I guess.

We have an agreed upon contract, went to ROFR yesterday. Now just wait and see. We do really like Hilton Head, but I would not pay direct prices for that resort. We have been direct members since Jan 2000 BVW and AKV direct members, so for HHI it will be resales or no purchase on those. Never bought resale before so the waiting game begins I guess.

Right now, its kind of working the opposite of your scenario .......
Lots of people are buying the larger point WDW dvc properties via resale to save $$$ , but off setting it with the smallest possible and cheapest , direct sale option to get the DVC benefits . I think the smallest direct you can buy is 75 points to get DVC benefits right now (AKA Blue Card !) . Hence why HHI and Vero is getting to be a popular "75" point direct contract . Disney knows this, so up goes the ROFR for HHI and Vero right now !

Anyway ....... good luck with your ROFR . Very curious to see if yours fly under the radar . My guess , is that Disney is going to ROFR that very nice price point contract !

It’s been years since we bought HHI resale, and we are happy we did. I hope you get those points!!

We bought our 50 points at HHI direct back in 2011 for $80 point. I really wanted about 60-80 via resale but I could never find the right contract and after 6 months of stalking, I finally gave up and went direct. Now, if we decide to add on another 25-50 points, it would almost certainly be direct again, even though we don't need the benefits. I'd prefer to go resale, but the small contracts are 1) almost impossible to find and 2) getting snatched up by ROFR. We are pretty much done with WDW for now and we have a 100 point AKV contract so, while I am happy with the 150 total points that we have, I would prefer that they were all at HHI. Since the 100 points at AKV (bought resale in 2008) are "grandfathered" and have full, blue-card benefits, I am not inclined to get rid of them in lieu of buying more HHI points. Instead, we will simply try our luck at HHI at 7 months and maybe do some resort-only stays at WDW in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter