*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I was in a two bedroom refurbished bedroom in building 24 for the holidays. In my opinion it was absolutely beautiful and far better than the preexisting setup.

Attachments

• IMG_4063.jpeg
    IMG_4063.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4062.jpeg
    IMG_4062.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4061.jpeg
    IMG_4061.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4060.jpeg
    IMG_4060.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4084.jpeg
    IMG_4084.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 95
Can someone who's seen it does the refurbished living room still have a sleeper chair? And is it true that the coffee table top can be raised? We have that at home (the top of the coffee table that you can raise) and love the convenience.

Can someone who's seen it does the refurbished living room still have a sleeper chair? And is it true that the coffee table top can be raised? We have that at home (the top of the coffee table that you can raise) and love the convenience.

Yes to the sleeper chairs and I don’t think the coffee table raises. To be honest I never thought about checking.

Yes to the sleeper chairs and I don’t think the coffee table raises. To be honest I never thought about checking.
Thanks for the info on the sleeper chair. The reason I asked about the coffee table is that I thought I saw an "artist rendering" of one. I agree, though, about not recognizing it. When DH got our new coffee table, I didn't know it had the new feature until he showed me. And the only way he knew, probably, was that the sales clerk showed him.

Well………we arrived today at DHHIR for what was supposed to be a nice relaxing unwind after marathon weekend at WDW. We unfortunately are in one of the 1 bedrooms under a grand villa with a child running around constantly. I’m so disappointed, I was looking forward to some quiet downtime. Everyone seems to love it here and I really want to as well but this is putting a bad taste in my mouth.

Well………we arrived today at DHHIR for what was supposed to be a nice relaxing unwind after marathon weekend at WDW. We unfortunately are in one of the 1 bedrooms under a grand villa with a child running around constantly. I’m so disappointed, I was looking forward to some quiet downtime. Everyone seems to love it here and I really want to as well but this is putting a bad taste in my mouth.
I can understand your frustration well, and I'm a lover of the Hilton Head resort. But one year we were under a grand villa and the noise was so annoying! That's why one of our requests is always "top floor". And so far the resort has been pretty good with requests. If you're in Building 18, however, at least you should have nice views. However, much as we loved the views when we were in Building 18, we'd much rather be on the top floor.

I can understand your frustration well, and I'm a lover of the Hilton Head resort. But one year we were under a grand villa and the noise was so annoying! That's why one of our requests is always "top floor". And so far the resort has been pretty good with requests. If you're in Building 18, however, at least you should have nice views. However, much as we loved the views when we were in Building 18, we'd much rather be on the top floor.
We’re in building 16. Luckily the family above us has moved out, so happy because it is an inside rain day here! I didn’t put in a room request because this is our first time here and I typically like to be surprised when new to a resort. I now know better here! The CM’s are lovely though as is the resort itself so I’m hoping I end up loving it as much as all of you do!

We’re in building 16. Luckily the family above us has moved out, so happy because it is an inside rain day here! I didn’t put in a room request because this is our first time here and I typically like to be surprised when new to a resort. I now know better here! The CM’s are lovely though as is the resort itself so I’m hoping I end up loving it as much as all of you do!
We almost had just the opposite experience once-when we checked in, we weren' on the top floor, so I immediately asked when we could ge a room on the top floor(we had an 11 night stay). Of course, the 3 nights we stayed on the lower floor were wonderfully quiet, so DS asked if we should still move. My answer? "I'm not chancing it!"
If I'm not mistaken, building 16 isn't refurbished yet. The good part is that you still have the jacuzzi tub-the only time DH ever used the jacuzzi tub was after marathon weekend.

Just enjoyed a quick 1 night getaway, and as always the resort is our favorite. Did not get a renovated studio as requested but enjoyed staying in the main lodge! Cannot beat free coffee by the fireplace. They told us this building will be the last for reno unfortunately, so looks like if you’re wanting a refurb studio it may be luck of the draw!

Didn’t realize the balconies and front stairwells would be undergoing outside refurb also, but I’m glad they are keeping with the same colors for the buildings to maintain the resort theme. Since I couldn’t get any good pics of a renovated room, took some photos of completed outside of 31 (can’t really tell, just looks fresh and clean) and current construction to the outside of building 28. They are doing a lot of work to install that elevator. Nice to see they still left Shadow’s paw prints in the walkway. I really hope they stay!

Attachments

• IMG_9614.jpeg
    IMG_9614.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9613.jpeg
    IMG_9613.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9612.jpeg
    IMG_9612.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9611.jpeg
    IMG_9611.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9682.jpeg
    IMG_9682.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9681.jpeg
    IMG_9681.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9680.jpeg
    IMG_9680.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9606.jpeg
    IMG_9606.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 33
Had to come back to let everyone know our stay ended up great. After the noise issue on night 1, we had what I consider normal hotel noise from above. We loved our stay and can’t wait to go back. The cast members are amazing as is HHI as a whole. Per suggestions upthread, we did a food tour in Savannah, went to Burnt Church Distillery, Social Bakery and Skull Creek Dockside (boathouse was closed). We went to the beach and played horseshoes outside our villa. It was exactly what we were hoping for. Thanks for all the input! Next time a top floor request! 👍

facebook twitter