Hey Old Timers

Regina

<font color=teal>Maybe I’ll “accidentally” drop a
Do you smile when you see the "I'm going for my first stay, and I can hardly stand the excitement" posts?

Does it bring back memories of when it was all so new? 11 years later and I still remember our first visit. The kids went from room to room, their eyes wide, saying "are we staying here, is this ours?":teeth:

I love seeing that same sense of anticipation and the glowing reports about the "first time."

It's just amazing how it's grown and the happiness that it continues to bring.:D

Heck, I get that feelling every time I cross over from real world Florida to Disney property. Ain't it wonderful :)

Yep, still a good memory and still exciting to us too. I especially like taking guests and seeing their reaction. It makes me feel that first time excitement all over again.

We always get that feeling when we get close to our DVC destination! We will be visiting HH the first week in Oct. & OKW for 2 wks Jan/Feb 2004 (can hardly wait).

I remember walking through our OKW 1 bedroom counting the windows. We had stayed at Vero and bought OKW site unseen. I couldn't get over TEN windows. Beautiful sunshine in the room.

We usually stayed All-Stars or moderates and were used to the one window with the drapes we usually kept closed because people walked past the window using the outside walkways.

love that the "old timers" around here get excited when you see our posts too....that's what is so wonderful about WDWand the DIS, that magic never goes away!:Pinkbounc And check out our signature....can't wait!!:D

Yes, I just luv reading and reliving the excitement of an upcoming DVC trip of the new owners - brings back many fond memories of our trips "Home".
My kids really enjoyed their trips down with us 11 yrs ago and now that they are adults ask when they can visit my "other home" again - LOL.
When I pull up for the first time with each visit to our DVC resorts, I always tell the guards that "I'm finally home again", not to mention the magical feeling I get when I hear "Welcome Home".

:bounce: I do get excited for them. :bounce:

Heck We still get giddy.... this next trip will be our 7th in 1 1/2 years and we are tickled pink!

oh yes!!! first trip sole in a studio - second trip with my mother in a 1-bedroom - WOW!!!

We have stayed in the Cont and the Polyn plus family trips in the POR (Dixie Landing then) - during the off season - when WDW still have those great saving in Dec - you could stay at one of their deluxe resorts and do Jolly Holidays for a little less than staying at their resorts - oh those were the days.....

but OKW beat everything - it stills even today like "home" - OKW has been my other home since 93 and hopefully will continue to be until 2042....(okay how about as long as I am alive)

hopefully we will never lose that feeling of being at "home" - and yes whenever a newie starts to talk about their first trip - memories (lots and lots of good ones) hope they continue.....

I love hearing people's reactions to their first trips "home" and to discovering new DVC resorts that they haven't tried.

I don't enjoy having my name and the phrase "old timer" linked in the same sentence. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) LOL!

I guess 3 years would be "Middle Aged". Since DVC we have experience just about all the resorts and during just about all the seasons.

We also, get the first feelings all over again each and every trip home. : ) :bounce: :bounce:

it's like we're all kids again... you know the feeling.

I can't believe it was 9 years ago that I bought into the DVC.

Yes, I remember that first trip "home" also. I went with friends and we stayed in a one bedroom unit. My friends made me enter the door first and WOW it was beautiful. It also looked bigger than I remembered it being on my tour.

I still get that WOW feeling when I visit each new DVC Resort now. It's such a wonderful feeling.

:bounce: :bounce:

Spiceycat! It's so funny that mentioned the Jolly Holiday deals. We were staying at the Poly using this offer when we decided to become DVC members. :D

DianeS, it is fun to bring guests and see that "wow" factor.

Pam, let's face it, in DVC years we are the venerable oldsters. I never thought that I'd feel like the wise and all knowing Yoda at my age. ;)

Mbb, I hope that your first time is here before you know it. Someday you'll join the ranks of the more "senior" members and be sharing the wonderful memories that you've created. :D

Originally posted by dvcreg
I never thought that I'd feel like the wise and all knowing Yoda at my age. ;)

I thought you are the same age as Yoda! :confused: :smooth:

Great thread, Regina! We bought just over 10 years ago- weren't nearly as smart as many here who bought earlier- while staying at an off-site Timeshare. We had no appointment and just dropped in at the Commodore House and asked what we needed to sign to join.

We were greeted by a wonderful guide who gave us the tour, asked if we had any questions and gave us our signed paperwork a short while later.

Those first points burned a hole in our pockets for a whole 3 months- when we found a way to sneak down for our first stay even leaving our DD's at home. We bought an add-on at that time and never looked back. We still talk about the feeling when we walked into our 1BR Villa in October, 1993 - we definitely felt that the door mat says it all- both then and today. We relive that feeling each time we go back and whenever someone shares their experience here.

Welcome Home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter