• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here's the postcard thread for returning/future cruisers - "Pay-it-forward!" - Part 2

If you were on my list I have good and bad news:

Good news: Your child will get a postcard marked from Castaway Cay

Bad news: I thought they sold postcard there, but not so, and the ship's stores were closed so I had to use the free ones in the room (and had to ask for lots more to get them all done.) I was only able to write a few lines b/c I had to rush to get back to the post office, buy the stamps (you have to use Bahamian stamps) and get it all done, and it was raining like crazy so they make be a little smudged.

But...they did get done.

I really appreciate that you went to so much effort to get the cards out and I know my niece and nephew will be extremely happy :goodvibes to get them. Hope the rest of your cruise was great!! Thanks for the warning about there not being postcards on CC. Do you remember how much the stamps were, so I have enough cash? Thanks again for being so nice!pixiedust:

I would love my daughter (10y) to receive one.
We're also going to the Wonder on September 6th, so I'l be more than happy to send some around.

Would love to help you out but we won't be at CC until September 4th. Sending you some pixie dustpixiedust: in hopes your request will be granted.

While you may not be able to buy post cards at the actual Bahamian post office on CC, there is a good selection of post cards available at She Sells (the DCL store on CC)

Wow- I got so freaked out when I didn't see postcards at the PO that I ran back to the room- wish the lady had told me they postcards were available! Anyway, the stamps are 50 cents each- cash only

While you may not be able to buy post cards at the actual Bahamian post office on CC, there is a good selection of post cards available at She Sells (the DCL store on CC)

Thanks for the info! I thought I remembered them being there from 2007.

Just a note, I know when Andy was doing this he and others used the postcards that were in the desk. I believe that he also had them postmarked with an Orlando mark so if something happens where you forget or the ship does not dock at CC the magic can still go on. ;)

We are cruising on the Wonder on Aug 23rd but we leave August 21st. Could someone please send a postcard to my girls, Maggie (age 6) and Olivia (age 4). Any character to send would be great - standard characters, Tinkerbell, Any of the Princesses...believe me, anyone would be very happy with! The 4 year old is counting down the days and this would totally freak her out in an awesome way! Anyone can do it!??!

Sarah

REQUEST FULFILLED - THANKS!!

Just got ours - the girls are so excited. Thanks.! I am going to PM someone right now to do it to them... :)

We are sailing on the Magic in November. My DD Lauren would love to get a postcard from one the Disney characters before she goes. She loves the princesses (particularly Ariel), but any character would be great.

This is such a nice thing for folks to do.

I think there's something about Disney Magic that brings out the best in all of us.

Add me to the list of folks who will pay it forward when we get back.

Thanks everyone, my request has been fulfilled.

My kids would be thrilled to receive a postcard! My nephew would too. Our cruise is September 12 but leaving on the 9th. How nice of so many people to cooperate in spreading pixie dust for the kids! Thanks! :goodvibes

Request fulfilled! Thank you!

I would love for my 7 year old to receive a postcard from Mickey. We are going October 24th and would be happy to do it for someone also.

We are crusing the week after Thanksgiving. I would be willing to send postcards for anyone sailing after that.

Feel free to PM me with a request. I will update my post if I get too many. :goodvibes

We are cruising on the Wonder (our very first cruise ever!) on 11/1/09 and would love for a postcard to be sent to my 4 girls. We are leaving for Disney 10/25th. My 6yo will have a birthday on the cruise so I would love mention of that.TIA if anyone could do this.

We leave for our cruise on September 20, and I would love for my dd to receive a post card.

We are leaving on the 9/26 Magic. My two girls would love a postcard from Mickey!

A wonderful person is sending my girls a postcard! My wish has been granted! I will be paying it forward when we get back from our cruise. Thank you :)

Two Fold here. I would like for my son to receive a postcard from Mickey before our November 1st cruise (we leave for WDW first on Oct 26th).
AND I would like to send a post card to a child(ren) who may be cruising in the New Year. (I hear mail sent from Castaway Cay can take up to 6 weeks or more to be delivered).

Well, my wish was granted and I am still available to send a postcard the last week of October. Any takers?

Gina

Well, my wish was granted and I am still available to send a postcard the last week of October. Any takers?

Gina

yes i have 2 my grandson and my great niece jerimiah,makayla from mickey and minnie so how do we do about the addresses we will be on cruise 12/13 /09 on the disney wonder i would gladly do the same for others when we go thanks so much debra:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter