Here's my CBR cancellation-to-Poly-upgrade story!

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I saw on the board that people were not waiting and calling in to get their new resorts, so I tried this morning calling CRO. My mindset was to shoot for the poly, and according to others on this board, they were offering the poly for $20 a night.

Anyway, I called CRO and was transferred to the people handling this. Unfortunately, Yolanda (who was unbelieveable!) told me the poly was not available, but offered AKL for $10 more and WLR for 10-20 more (I wasn't really listening-no interest). anyway, after telling yolanda my story and how much we wanted the poly, she came up with a compromise. basically, she said b/c of the columbus day weekend, the first 2 days of our stay were not available, so yolanda set us up for POR for oct 12 and 13 and then the poly for the rest of our trip (14th - 20th) for $20 more a night! plus, I can keep checking for openings for the other two nights and if available, transfer the rate for those nights!

to say I'm thrilled is an understatement! don't get me wrong, the CBR is our favorite resort, but to be able to get on a monorail resort is incredible!

I hope things will work out for everyone else too!

I hope things work out for me. I made my reservations through Dreams so I have to wait for them to handle it...so far nothing. But I've emailed my agent to let her know that if at all possible we want the Poly for $20 more per night. It's driving me crazy because our trip isn't that far away and we don't have a place to stay anymore :( and I LOVE CB and I was really looking foward to staying there :(

Princess_Aurora, I'm sorry your first dates were not available but happy to see I was not the only one that was told no dates at the Poly for 10/11, etc.
My husband and I are taking a quick trip prior to a cruise and had CBR booked. I than thought the Poly upgrade was great, called CRO but was told the Poly was not avaialble for 10/11-14 (leaving Monday for our cruise).
I got AKL-standard for $110 night including tax so very happy with that upgrade!
Never was told about WL but think I will keep what I have.
Now I must find out where I want to be and the location of the best standard ALK room. :)

Yippee. Got the Poly deal. The total for three nights is $350, so that would be $116.66/night incl. tax. TigerLaw, I got Yolanda and told her I saw her name on the Internet because someone had commented on how nice she was. She was very excited about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter