help with room at coronado springs

chrystie4141

Earning My Ears
We have decided on the coronado springs this year for our Disney trip however need some help with requesting a room. Last year we stayed at the caribbean so we are okay with the large resort feel but noticed this one is layed out different (meaning the pool , eating, 1st bus stop are not all together). We have decided the 1st bus stop is more important for us and we will walk to the pool. What building should we request to ensure we are closest to the bus stop but also as close as we can be to the pool? I want to request a building at least I know it will be a preferred room but which one?

Thanks

Stayed there last September. I believe we were in 8A Casitas. Bus stop and Main pool just steps away. Was a little walk over to the restaurant area, but no too bad. It was usually a nice walk except during a rain storm.

I believe that Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred buildings that are closest to the main building, but the bus stop is the last pickup for the theme parks. I'm not sure about the other areas at CSR, though.

Ditto Casitas 4 & 5. We stayed in 5 last spring and were almost a straight shot to Bus stop #2 (I think?) that was actually the first stop the buses picked up and dropped off at. Plus it was super pretty, close to a quiet pool and laundry and shortish walk to the main buildings!

Love Casitias 4. Close to the first bus stop picked up, and close to the main building, without having to pay for preferred.

If the first bus stop is important to you, then you will want to request Casitas 4 or 5...our two favorite buildings. The next bus stop would be in the Ranchos which is a further walk to the main building.

We are thinking of staying in the cabanas section with the new cl. Would that be the second bus stop?

personally our family likes the Rancheros 7b or Cabana's 8a both right by bus stop 4 and really close to the dig site ( pool, hot tub)
(but good walk to main bldg, but can hop on bus to go from stop four to stop one easily)

maybe this map will help you find your ideal home away from home

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Map-of-Disneys-Coronado-Springs-Resort.jpg

Wouldn't that be bus stop 4? We stayed at Cabanas 9A during marathon week and the closest bus stop for us was 4, which is the third bus stop.

I probably should have worded it better

Bus Stop 2 is near Casitas 4
Bus Stop 3 is near Ranchos
Bus Stop 4 is near Cabanas
Bus Stop 1 is near the main building but also close to Cabanas 9B

When we stayed in Cabanas 9A three years ago, it was closer to walk to the stop at the Main Building

The order of pick up for the parks is Stop 2, 3, 4, and then 1

For Downtown Disney it is Stop 1, 2, 3 and 4

Does that make more sense?

Thanks for catching that.

We stayed in building 3 and it was a great location. Very close to bus stop #2 (the first actual stop). We did not think the walk to the pool was long. And we found a path to stay covered to walk to the main building - came in handy trying to make it to dinner in the rain.

Coronado is a beautiful resort. Got back yesterday, stayed at Casita 4, Room 4100...laundry and gym are here. This bldg. is not preferred.

TIP: 4103, 4102, 4101 and 4100 are ALL right across the parking lot to bus stop #2 (first to be picked up). Behind these four rooms are 4113, 4112, 4111 and 4110 - also good locations for this bus stop. Your view will be of the parking lot, but I am into bus stop closeness and being picked up first!

Park busses were empty. Sometimes DH and I were the only ones aboard. Found out firsthand busses do NOT wait for you, even if you are late to the stop, running towards them.

There were conventions present every day...did not even know they were there! Conventioneers stayed at the large convention hall, had their food buffets right there and were in meetings all day. Bridgestone tire was there and every room was filled. No problem whatsoever!

Had breakfast at the Pepper Market. Egg offerings were ALL pre-made and sitting in the warming tray. No made-to-order omlets here. Come to think of it, ALL the breakfast food was in warming trays, pre-made. Once here was enough.

DDP was the best. Ate at BOG, LeCellier, LTT, TTSq, EOS, WP, RC. Paid $149 over our room cost for the plan. WELL WORTH IT, IMO. At LeCellier, I had the best fillet and service. Tony's Town Square was fine, contrary to some posts.

TIP: CSR will give you a comp wheelchair for the length of your stay if you ask for one at check-in. DH and I could not have done the parks w/o one. Why spend $$ at the parks for one?

TIP: If you have a rental car, do NOT drive to Downtown Disney on the weekend at night. We went around 7 pm and could not find a parking space. Circled and circled, then finally left. Take the Coronado bus instead.

Will definitely go back to the Coronado in two years! Had a magical seven-day vacay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter