help with luggage at MCO

thank you for your post, this was very helpful. i think we are being a little over zealous with the amount of luggage. This will be our first long haul trip as a family. our daugter is not making as much of a mess when eating so clothes changes are much fewer. looks like she will also end up being to tall for a carry car seat so that one less thing to take. And we are thinking we will just buy diapers when we get to orlando.
We’re taking our two girls (will be almost 3 and almost 1) on their first trip the first week of December, and I can’t imagine how much more stressful it must be trying to make sure you have everything you’ll need for a much longer and farther trip.

For baby supplies, I know you said you usually go to Publix, but check the Target ad when you go shopping. They often have deals where you get a $20 gift card for $100 spent in select baby supplies. It usually covers diapers, wipes, some snacks. You get the gift card immediately, so if they happen to be running that sale, if you split the order into two separate purchases and pay for the baby stuff first, you can pass the gift card back to your wife to pay for snacks and drinks. Then hit Publix next to grab anything you wanted that Target didn’t carry.

I am going to add to this saying that that is WAY too much luggage. You do not need that much stuff for your trip. For our family of 4, we take 2 large rolling checked suitcases and I carry a backpack as a carry on. The kids as they got older, carried their own little backpack. I would order extra diapers and baby stuff to be delivered when you get there. Nothing wrong with doing a load of laundry midway while you are at the pool either. Even if you get a town car transfers, that is too much luggage for the amount of adults. Take less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter