• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help with luggage at MCO

soontobeplus1

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

we are travelling to orlando in November. first disney holiday since pandemic (hopefully!!). This time we will have our 15 month daughter with us. We will have a lot more luggage. In total we estimate 4 large suit case, a stroller, car seat and 2 or 3 hand luggage. My wife and I will struggle with all this luggage and carrying our daughter. Does anyone know of any services that can help us with taking our luggage from the arrival carousel to to B side where we will have transport waiting for us.

something like skycaps but on arrivals side????

Don't they have luggage carts you can rent? Each luggage cart can usually fit two large suitcases, typically, lying on its side and then a land luggage or two on top of the large suitcases. Or put it on its back and stack up?

Do you have a baby carrier (soft) that you can put the baby inside in front of you or your wife? If so, then the other person can put the folded stroller on top of the two large suitcases that are on the luggage cart and possibly the car seat too?

This is what I mean by an airport luggage cart:

See also:

Can you order some of the stuff you need rather than packing it all? Do you have a W/D in your villa or available at your resort? Just bring different tops and a few pairs of bottoms and no one will know you wore the same jeans yesterday and washed them at night (I do it all the time). The only wardrobe thing we bring lots of is fun tops for each park and ears but they really don't take up that much room!

This year we splurged for Away luggage and got the large carry on bags and a smaller Marry Poppins kind of bag for the laptop, purse and other necessities onboard. I'll do it - even if I have to ship stuff ahead LOL! Good luck and get a luggage carrier as they are located at the carousels.

That's a lot of luggage. I can use a carry on and pack for a week for two people. Or I can use a large suitcase and pack for 3 people. Even when my daughter was a baby, flying back from California to Florida or NJ. I don't mean for this to come across in any bad way, but do yourself a favor and try to cut down on luggage. You will get very frustrated very quickly. But, there are those luggage carts that people mentioned. Also, you can use a car service to get you to Disney and they will assist you.

I don’t know if there are extenuating circumstances as to why you need so much luggage. Maybe there is a medical need or other reason to pack so much? If not, I would absolutely try and cut down on how much you’re bringing. And I say this as a chronic overpacker!

If you’re thinking about how much much you need for the baby, I get it. The first time we took our son as a baby, I felt stressed about everything he would need. We did laundry partway through the week, which helped tremendously. I also ordered some stuff from Amazon before we went and had it sent to the hotel. I did puffs and other baby snacks, extra diapers and wipes, etc. It worked well because they were mostly consumable items that we used and didn’t need space for on the way home.

May I ask what you are bringing that you need that much luggage? We usually travel the 4 of us with only 3-4 bags.
we are at Disney for 3 weeks hence the amount of luggage. we normally manage with three cases as the shopping will fill the third on the way back!! so assume we need one extra for our daughter. this will be first long haul holiday so there is some assumptions!

we are at Disney for 3 weeks hence the amount of luggage. we normally manage with three cases as the shopping will fill the third on the way back!! so assume we need one extra for our daughter. this will be first long haul holiday so there is some assumptions!
Have diapers shipped to the resort. You can do laundry at the resorts, so less clothes needed. Depending on your airline, it may be much cheaper to ship your stuff that you bought home rather than paying for an extra bag.

Also use packing cubes to fit more in esp for your daughter. Little kid clothes don't take up as much space or weigh as much as adult stuff, so I could fit clothes for a week for both of my kids who are 7&9 in one carry on. And I admittedly am a chronic overpacker. I have been known to take an entire bag with just shoes lol. My last tip would be instead of taking a full extra suitcase, take something like a vera bradley type weekender bag that can be folded up in your regular suitcase when it's empty on the way there. Then on the way home you can put clothes in it and breakables in the regular suitcase if needed. Those bags fit SO MUCH!

What is your transport? Id consider booking a car service. Book one which includes "meet n greet". Let the driver meet you at baggage claim.

make sure you do not pack everything for your daughter in one case as what would you if that case does not make it with you. yes it does happen usually catch up with you but could take 24 hours. have stuff for everyone in each case. you did not ask but make sure you have a change of clothes in a carry on for everyone not just baby. baby throw up or a leaking diaper and it is a long wait for checked bags. do not ask why I know this

That is awesome you get to go for three weeks! I am jealous😆 I would pack a week’s worth of clothes and do laundry two times, personally. I like having outfit choices, so I would pack clothes for everyone that can mix and match. That way you can have some variety, but not have to pack as much.

Oh wow that’s a long time. I’d probably pack less and do laundry and ship diapers and other things. Also I’d definitely cross pack and pack a little bit of everyone’s stuff in each suitcase.

make sure you do not pack everything for your daughter in one case as what would you if that case does not make it with you. yes it does happen usually catch up with you but could take 24 hours. have stuff for everyone in each case. you did not ask but make sure you have a change of clothes in a carry on for everyone not just baby. baby throw up or a leaking diaper and it is a long wait for checked bags. do not ask why I know this
Hi Betty, brilliant tip about change of clothes for all, did not think about that. thank you.

That is awesome you get to go for three weeks! I am jealous😆 I would pack a week’s worth of clothes and do laundry two times, personally. I like having outfit choices, so I would pack clothes for everyone that can mix and match. That way you can have some variety, but not have to pack as much.
Hi Rory607 we normally end up changing 2 to 3 times a day with the amount of mess generated and we do normally do laundry on a weekly basis. we normally pack 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts, then around 10 shirts and a nice shirt/dress and pants for the one posh dinner we have in our anniversary. beginning to get the impression we need to rethink the amount of luggage.

Oh wow that’s a long time. I’d probably pack less and do laundry and ship diapers and other things. Also I’d definitely cross pack and pack a little bit of everyone’s stuff in each suitcase.
Hi Spunky946, we were thinking we will just buy diapers. we normally go to celebration and pop into publix and buy drinks and other bits. Saves a little money than buying at disney, We use pampers pants in the UK, i know US has pampers, any clue if pampers pants are available in US, cant imagine this would not be available! any other brands that you might recommend.?

Hi Spunky946, we were thinking we will just buy diapers. we normally go to celebration and pop into publix and buy drinks and other bits. Saves a little money than buying at disney, We use pampers pants in the UK, i know US has pampers, any clue if pampers pants are available in US, cant imagine this would not be available! any other brands that you might recommend.?
I had to go looking those up. We’re a Pampers family and hadn’t heard of those so I figured it was a naming difference between countries. It looks like they’re the equivalent of Pampers Cruisers 360s. They’re the pull up style, right? That’s what my 2 year old uses and you can find them everywhere.

As for luggage,depending on the service you hired, as someone mentioned some of them will meet you at baggage claim and can assist.

If you have to meet them somewhere else, I’d suggest set up one parent with the kid and all carry on at the pickup location and the other parent make two trips with the cart if you can’t fit checked luggage on one. Or ring a couple bungee cords in carry on for quick access to help stabilize everything onto one cart.

But definitely try to minimize luggage if possible. We plan on packing our kids’ outfits into ziplock bags for easy grab and go—one bag is one whole outfit. It would be easy enough with pressure to sort of vacuum seal them as we close them to remove air and make more room.

I always try to take travel size containers, or I’ll switch to a new bottle of something when I have a little left and save that little bit for an upcoming trip so I can just trash the remainder when I’m done and don’t have to make room for it in luggage coming back.

I also tend to nest luggage going down. I might only need one suitcase for me, but I know I’ll need room for souvenirs. So I pack in the smaller suitcase, then pack that in the larger and stick my shoes in the extra space between the two. An idea if you end up in a similar situation. Just make sure you don’t exceed weight limits.

I had to go looking those up. We’re a Pampers family and hadn’t heard of those so I figured it was a naming difference between countries. It looks like they’re the equivalent of Pampers Cruisers 360s. They’re the pull up style, right? That’s what my 2 year old uses and you can find them everywhere.

As for luggage,depending on the service you hired, as someone mentioned some of them will meet you at baggage claim and can assist.

If you have to meet them somewhere else, I’d suggest set up one parent with the kid and all carry on at the pickup location and the other parent make two trips with the cart if you can’t fit checked luggage on one. Or ring a couple bungee cords in carry on for quick access to help stabilize everything onto one cart.

But definitely try to minimize luggage if possible. We plan on packing our kids’ outfits into ziplock bags for easy grab and go—one bag is one whole outfit. It would be easy enough with pressure to sort of vacuum seal them as we close them to remove air and make more room.

I always try to take travel size containers, or I’ll switch to a new bottle of something when I have a little left and save that little bit for an upcoming trip so I can just trash the remainder when I’m done and don’t have to make room for it in luggage coming back.

I also tend to nest luggage going down. I might only need one suitcase for me, but I know I’ll need room for souvenirs. So I pack in the smaller suitcase, then pack that in the larger and stick my shoes in the extra space between the two. An idea if you end up in a similar situation. Just make sure you don’t exceed weight limits.
thank you for your post, this was very helpful. i think we are being a little over zealous with the amount of luggage. This will be our first long haul trip as a family. our daugter is not making as much of a mess when eating so clothes changes are much fewer. looks like she will also end up being to tall for a carry car seat so that one less thing to take. And we are thinking we will just buy diapers when we get to orlando.

Hi Rory607 we normally end up changing 2 to 3 times a day with the amount of mess generated and we do normally do laundry on a weekly basis. we normally pack 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts, then around 10 shirts and a nice shirt/dress and pants for the one posh dinner we have in our anniversary. beginning to get the impression we need to rethink the amount of luggage.
Yes, car service would be best. Make sure to speak with them about meeting you IN the airport for luggage pick up. Plus side is you can now travel to WDW from the UK. have a great holiday :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter