• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with kitten health problem?

Fabulous!!!!

Sammie is my sweet boys' name. He is the sweetest, most even tempered cat we have ever had. If you notice the red, droopy left eye in the first picture he has herpes. Not unusual for a feral. The vet recommended a natural supplement to put in his food for the rest of his blessed life. If anyone is interested I'll tell you more about it.

Like Pollyanamom said, some of it could be recovering from "life before rescue."
I have decided to take her to a different vet tomorrow. She's been asleep most of the day today. She perks up a bit for the tuna but that's really short lived. She will get up and walk but it's usually a few feet then she loafs up again and goes to sleep. I feel like I need a real diagnosis here. Not just a guess. I'll keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed! :worried:paw::cat:

Thank you! We've got round 2 of worming coming up. Sunday we just lost one of our old cats to renal failure. I just want to keep this sweet thing with us. She's pretty precious. I will try the tuna! Thank you!
I have decided to take her to a different vet tomorrow. She's been asleep most of the day today. She perks up a bit for the tuna but that's really short lived. She will get up and walk but it's usually a few feet then she loafs up again and goes to sleep. I feel like I need a real diagnosis here. Not just a guess. I'll keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed! :worried:paw::cat:

Please let us know. Poor sweet baby. :( I know heart worm isn't very prevalent in kittens, but I found this online...

"Signs of heartworm infestation in cats include coughing, labored raspy breathing (known as dyspnea), and vomiting. Respiratory problems and vomiting are the predominant symptoms in cases of chronic infestation. A physical examination may also reveal a heart murmur or otherwise irregular heart rhythm."

Please let us know. Poor sweet baby. :( I know heart worm isn't very prevalent in kittens, but I found this online...

"Signs of heartworm infestation in cats include coughing, labored raspy breathing (known as dyspnea), and vomiting. Respiratory problems and vomiting are the predominant symptoms in cases of chronic infestation. A physical examination may also reveal a heart murmur or otherwise irregular heart rhythm."
Yeah. I've been googling symptoms for days. Something has to be wrong. This just feels like more than sinus polyps. :guilty:

So glad you're going to get a second set of eyes on her. I hope they find out what's wrong.

Took her in to the new vet. She had declined quite a bit over the weekend. Dehydrated. Diarrhea. Pitiful looking. They're keeping her. Running tests and giving IV fluids. Hopefully they find her problem. Poor lil thing. Also found out she's closer to 18 weeks old. I thought she was 10 weeks she's so stunted. :sad1:

Took her in to the new vet. She had declined quite a bit over the weekend. Dehydrated. Diarrhea. Pitiful looking. They're keeping her. Running tests and giving IV fluids. Hopefully they find her problem. Poor lil thing. Also found out she's closer to 18 weeks old. I thought she was 10 weeks she's so stunted. :sad1:
Wow. I sure hope they figure out what's wrong. Glad they kept her.

:( Sorry to hear that. I'm glad your new vet is more proactive and I hope whatever they find isn't too serious. Do you know if they've tested for coronavirus? Also, do you happen do know the status of the other kittens from the litter, as in, are they healthy and doing well?

:( Sorry to hear that. I'm glad your new vet is more proactive and I hope whatever they find isn't too serious. Do you know if they've tested for coronavirus? Also, do you happen do know the status of the other kittens from the litter, as in, are they healthy and doing well?
They're going to do a CBC today. Hopefully they find whatever it is. As far as the other kittens their mother had carried all but her into an abandoned house next to grandmas. They've been emerging lately and they are quite a bit bigger than her. We're guessing momma left her thinking she wasn't a viable kitten. She is runty. She's been such a fighter. I hope she stays with us.

She is beautiful! I hope your new vet can help her. She could be sleeping so much if she's not getting enough oxygen. I hope it's something easy to fix for your baby.

As for silent meows, I have one that is silent inside and one outside. I also have one inside that you can hear all over the house! :scared: They are all ferals. The silent one inside has been vocal a couple times but his loudest was when I came home from work to a small fire in the house. He was meowing for some help then!

Good luck to your precious baby! Prayers for her.

She is beautiful! I hope your new vet can help her. She could be sleeping so much if she's not getting enough oxygen. I hope it's something easy to fix for your baby.

As for silent meows, I have one that is silent inside and one outside. I also have one inside that you can hear all over the house! :scared: They are all ferals. The silent one inside has been vocal a couple times but his loudest was when I came home from work to a small fire in the house. He was meowing for some help then!

Good luck to your precious baby! Prayers for her.
Thank you. No word yet except she's resting comfortably getting fluids.

You are amazing. Such love for a tiny little creature that you just met! I'd give you a hug if I could, so here's the next best thing :hug: No matter the outcome, you will know that you have done everything possible. Lord willing she will pull through! I adore cats. Mine have given me so much unconditional and conditional :) love.

Fabulous!!!!

Sammie is my sweet boys' name. He is the sweetest, most even tempered cat we have ever had. If you notice the red, droopy left eye in the first picture he has herpes. Not unusual for a feral. The vet recommended a natural supplement to put in his food for the rest of his blessed life. If anyone is interested I'll tell you more about it.

Like Pollyanamom said, some of it could be recovering from "life before rescue."

I would be interested to learn more about the natural supplement you put into your cat's food, that your vet recommended, as I have a suspicion that my indoor cat may have feline herpes as well. Antibiotics do not help with her nose/breathing issues, and I tried an allergy medication that didn't help either.

OP, I do hope the new vet can help your kitty. Keep us posted.

Things aren't looking good for baby Bella. She's been with the vet since yesterday. This morning she had a stroke and has since been having seizures. :sad:

He hasn't given up on her yet but I feel like this can't end well. He has no idea what's wrong. All he's telling me is infection which they're treating her with aggressive antibiotics.

I hope we don't lose her.

Does the vet suspect FIP? Because that's my guess, and if he hasn't mentioned it I think you should ask him if he thinks that's a possibility. Unfortunately, that wouldn't have a good outcome. In any case, I'm so sorry. :guilty:

Does the vet suspect FIP? Because that's my guess, and if he hasn't mentioned it I think you should ask him if he thinks that's a possibility. Unfortunately, that wouldn't have a good outcome. In any case, I'm so sorry. :guilty:
He has no idea what's wrong. The only thing he's told me is infection. Infection where? Who knows. It's pretty frustrating.

It sounds like the CBC showed high white cells, but he doesn't have much else to go on?

Have they checked a Blood Glucose? Tiny kitten not eating + infection... A low BG would be a possible cause of the seizures and certainly the best case scenario as it can easily be reversed. It would be really good news if that was the case, so I would call right now to make sure they've checked that.

I'm sorry. I hope they figure things out and he recovers.

He's adorable and I'm glad you're doing all you can for him. We need more loving pet owners in the world:)

Tragic news. She didn't make it. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I'm heartbroken. I'm not sure if there's anything that could have been done. I'll never know what took her life. Thank you everyone for your kind words. Rip sweet Bella.

IMG_5756.PNG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter