Help us Decide POLY or CR???

Lynn Walters

Earning My Ears
My family and I (Kids ages 2, 8, 17) will be going to Disney and would love to hear the good, bad and ugly on these two resorts to help us decide which to stay at. Would love to hear first hand experiences. Thanks! :rotfl:

We've stayed at both. Here are our observations:

Polynesian: Great theming, lovely tropical landscaping, great pool (esp for kids), walk to TTC for EPCOT monorail.

Contemporary: Great location (walk to/from MK), usually less $ than Poly, California Grill and Chef Mickey's.

It's really a matter of personal taste, but I prefer the Polynesian Resort when money is not a factor.

We love CR!!! We have stayed there two years in a row and love everything about it. The new rooms are great the walk to MK is so easy. We have dined at Poly once it was good. We also love the Monorail running inside of CR. The shopping at CR is better too. Which ever one you pick you will have a great time! :thumbsup2

I've stayed at both and my personal favorite is the Poly by a mile. Being able to walk to the TTC, the pool, the beautiful rooms, everything about it is just wonderful. There are some things I like about the CR, like the restaurants, but you can always take the monorail over. The CR pool is very boring to me, so that would be another reason I'd vote for the Poly.

I have never stayed at CR but have stayed at Poly, and it is up there as one of my favorites (with GF at the top :goodvibes ) IMO the theming at Poly is a lot better than at CR. kids LOVE the volcano pool and kona nad 'Ohana are both big hits. good luck!

IMHO,the CR looks like,well,just a regular old hotel. There is the cool monorail thingy,but other than that,just a hotel. Plain walls, doors,etc. and if you're in one of the outer wings,to me it looks even more ordinary-
While the Poly,on the other hand, has elaborate polynesian theming,transporting you to a tropical isle.... I think for the $$$,the Poly wins every time!
JMHO though;)

We love the Polynesian!

Theming is great. Pool is very nice, especially for the kids. Restaurants are fun. Transportation is very nice. You're only one stop away from MK, and you can walk to the TTC for the Epcot Monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter