Help! Reservations seem impossible to get for Nov 2015

Just curious, what is the guarantee that all these sites are actually sending notifications for real openings? I mean they are just sending a notification that there is an opening, but when you get there it isn't available, so you think someone else booked it. What if it was not there to begin with? What if the notifications are somewhat random to increase their membership, some are real and people can take advantage, some are not real at all?

How many people have signed up for these services and paid their money, feel satisfied with notifications, but never actually secured a reservation?

I've gotten several as well. Also, I set up a notification for a BOG breakfast after it was showing that it would be extended on the site but before you could actually book it. I'm not going until November but I thought maybe they would add more dinner tables for the fall at the same time. The notification came at 3:15 CST and I checked and there were tables available for booking. If I had been going at that time I would have had my pick of date and time, had Scout not notified me who knows when I would have looked. If you don't trust the site don't use it, simple as that.

I signed up for buddy and have yet to receive a notification.

Now buddy is a different story :) I haven't received any notifications from them either but I only have them searching for BOG since it is $8 per ADR and Scout I paid $3.99 (I think) for unlimited for 6 months so I have Scout searching for any that I just want to tweak the time and any that I've now decided I want to try and get an ADR for. But I've received multiple for 1900 Park Fare dinners, Via Napoli, 50's Prime Time, and I think a few others that I just wanted to change my time a little bit.

Sorry, but I don't see how this is going to work going forward. Is this leading to people that don't pay not finding anything and the site crashes; people that pay one price maybe gets one or 2 notifications or reservations; people that pay more get higher access?

How is this good? Please someone answer that absent of securing your own reservations.

Not sure how the process works. Would you have paid money regardless of actually getting a reservation?
Yup. You have to pay up front so you don't know for sure if you'll get a ressie or not but to me it was worth it to not have to constantly check the Disney website myself. I ended up getting lucky and scoring 3. I still have one more I'm hoping for so we'll see! I'm getting notifications, just not for the time I'm wanting, because it notifies you of anything 2 hours either side of your chosen time. Well worth it for me. I figure I'm already spending a lot for our vacation, another few bucks isn't a big deal.

Now buddy is a different story :) I haven't received any notifications from them either but I only have them searching for BOG since it is $8 per ADR and Scout I paid $3.99 (I think) for unlimited for 6 months so I have Scout searching for any that I just want to tweak the time and any that I've now decided I want to try and get an ADR for. But I've received multiple for 1900 Park Fare dinners, Via Napoli, 50's Prime Time, and I think a few others that I just wanted to change my time a little bit.
Hang in there!! I've scored 3 ressies using both buddy and scout. I got one with buddy and 2 with the 3.99 subscription to scout. I've got one more that I'm hoping for so we'll see!

Sorry, but I don't see how this is going to work going forward. Is this leading to people that don't pay not finding anything and the site crashes; people that pay one price maybe gets one or 2 notifications or reservations; people that pay more get higher access?

How is this good? Please someone answer that absent of securing your own reservations.

It's not going to prevent people that don't pay to not find anything. You still get your 180 + 10, the sites can't start searching until 180 days just like off-site guests. I still search on my own as well and I find some openings on my own. The sites don't search constantly so I don't think these sites can take all the blame for the Disney site crashing. I guess I understand your concerns in that as more people use it that means more searches which could cause issues for Disney's website but I see that as an issue for Disney to figure out. They either need to have more restaurants that people want to eat at, a better site, or figure out a way to keep people from hoarding. I was on at 5 AM CST on my 180 +7 day and there was absolutely NO dinners available at BOG my entire stay so if I have to pay for a site to search for me so I don't have to all day everyday I will. I understand that to people who don't want to pay it seems selfish but honestly it's not any more selfish than booking one restaurant or another for every day of your trip because you can't pick which park you're going to be at 6 months in advance. Hopefully, that kind of makes sense :)

Lots of times just opened up for Cape May in November - character breakfast and dinner. It appears they were holding back reservations. Hopefully this means other restaurants will be released soon.

Just curious, what is the guarantee that all these sites are actually sending notifications for real openings? I mean they are just sending a notification that there is an opening, but when you get there it isn't available, so you think someone else booked it. What if it was not there to begin with? What if the notifications are somewhat random to increase their membership, some are real and people can take advantage, some are not real at all?

How many people have signed up for these services and paid their money, feel satisfied with notifications, but never actually secured a reservation?

I have gotten three notifications, two I used to book a reservation and one I passed on because the time wasn't exactly what I wanted. If Disney's site didn't crash on my 180+7 and I was able to book more than one ADR that I wanted I wouldn't have paid for a subscription to scout. I wish these sites weren't a necessity, but unless Disney upgrades their system these sites will only grow.

Anyone finding any character dinners for the week of the 9-15th of November? I have been constantly searching and using all of the paid search sites. Really want Akershus!!

Yes i have tusker house dinner november 12 (5:35) and Crystal palace dinner november 13 (3:45 before Christmas party)

I find it myself without paid service. I Check daily all 2 Hours.

Yes i have tusker house dinner november 12 and Crystal palace dinner november 13 (3:45 before Christmas party)
Recently booked? I hope something opens up soon, so I can get FP res. hard to do when we don't have an itinerary yet without dining reservations.

Recently booked? I hope something opens up soon, so I can get FP res. hard to do when we don't have an itinerary yet without dining reservations.
I called this morning to check on something and there were a few openings for the Minnie and Mickey holiday character dinner on the 15th at Hollywood and Vine (we already have it booked and were looking to switch times).

Just as I read your reply I received a notification for an opening for Hollywood and vine on the 13th. I hit book now that very second and it was taken:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter