Help-overwhelmed need advice

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
Okay, my family of 5 is going to Orlando Dec 1-11 or 12. For the 1-8 we are staying at Vistana Villages on a timeshare exchange. Had hoped to extend our stay there with a nightly rate but the best rate I am finding at this point is $182 per night and that is NOT in the budget!

So, what are the recommendations people have for those three or four nights. I need at least one totally separate bedroom as we have a toddler who won't go to sleep if he can see anyone else, especially at naptime. My preference would really be two bedrooms. The full kitchen is not a deal breaker, but we'll need a small fridge at least to store milk. I would like to keep the price around $100 a night.

I am open to houses but there is just so much out there, I can't even straighten it out! I'd be willing to even listen to a timeshare pitch, but most of them exclude MN residents and that's where we're from.

How long do you think I should wait and watch the prices for VV? Anyone think it's likely to come down before early Dec?

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

Do you have the entertainment card?

I think you could get into a 2 br unit at the Vistana Resort for around $100 at that time of year with ent. discount..

It is worth a shot anyway. This is the older sister resort to the vistana villages.

Also, check the the Summerfield Suites by Wyndham. They also cary the enetertainment raate and have 2 brs.

p.m. me if nothing works out and you need more help.

Herc.

Hotelkingdom.com is quoting the VV at $153.90 for your dates, a LITTLE less but not much.

On the other hand they have the Vistana RESORT for 118.90 for a two bedroom.

BTW, I will be down for the same dates for DISCon!

Hi Disneymom,
I stayed the last time at Emerald Island Resort, it was by far the best place I have ever stayed, definately within your budget.
You can get a 3 bed unit at that time for $100 or less.
Try this web site Emerald Island
Good luck,
Ben

Hi! Just checked Hotel Kingdom and the reates are $98.00 for a 1 bedroom and $120.00 for a 2 bedroom!

Another option is skyauction.com. They have Orange Lake listed and that is a GREAT resort. You bid like you do e-bay. Read the FAQ and you should be able to get all the info you need. Remember with them, there is a $195.00 fee/week on top of your bid price. My SIL used skyauction and it went like a dream.

Okay, I have been web searching since my post earlier today and ended up finding flhotels.com with a rate of $128 a night for that time period at V V. So I did the rate champion thing at hotel kingdom and YES!! the rate is now $120 per night. That is cool. Now I just have to wait for my $10 credit voucher # and I can book it. I really am relieved to not have to switch resorts! Now I just have to hope we can stay in the same condo for the whole time!

Forget the $10.00. Just book it. It could go up in price again and you'll be paying more that $10.00 for the week.

yep, I decided that after I posted!! Got it all set--even booked the 12th too. Figured I'd take the chance for a $10 change fee that we'll want that extra night. Wow--11 days in the WDW area. We have never stayed so long and i am so excited!

We stayed at V V a few years back, it is very beautiful there! We felt like we we're " rich" staying in such a nice place, we've used hotel kingdom a few times now and never had any problems. Have Fun!...goof

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest