HELP! Need advice for iron on transfers

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone.

I am new at iron on tshirt transfers. We tried a couple of tshirts about a month ago and totally blew it. What is the best brand of transfers? Is there a secret on what kind/brand of tshirts? Both of our attempts cracked. We ironed on a hard surface and followed the Avery instructions. We bought the Avery transfers at Walmart. Do you guys have any secrets that you might want to share?

You don't realize how much I would appreciate ANY help that you can give me!!

I've used the Avery brand for a variety of projects and have not had any problems. However, I admit I don't use them for t-shirt transfers. I do know that not only did I need a hard surface, but also a HOT iron with a cloth between the iron and the transfer & fabric. I have washed the transfers I've made and not had trouble with cracking. My guess would be that the cracking is coming when the fabric the transfer is adhered to stretches further than the transfer.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!