Help me decide if we should another night to our HRH stay

Roll-Tide

Earning My Ears
I'm not sure what I should do. We are going in June of next year. We are staying 8 nights at the dolphin (with 7-day PHP), then staying 3 nights at HRH (with 3-day pass). I was planning on leaving the dolphin early the morning of check-out and coming over to HRH and head straight into the parks. We want to see all of IOA & US, but I also want to spend a little time in City Walk and enjoy HRH and the pool. I guess I'm wondering if 3 days will be enough for all of that. I really didn't want to go "commando" style. Or should I check out of the dolphin after 7 nights? Maybe spend the day doing disney, then leave around 3 or 4 p.m. and come over to HRH for a late check-in and enjoy the pool and City walk. If I do check in after 4, will they give my room away if it's during a busy time (June 12-23)? I've never been to IOA or US so I'm not real sure what to expect or how long it will take. All of your advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Aug of 99 we spent only 1 day at US. We did not go to IOA nor did we stay onsite. We found one day not enough time to do everything in that one park. This year we stayed onsite (HRH) and spent 2 days in the parks (US and IOA) and had the benefit of what used to be called FOTL. I really can't comment on how effective FOTL was. The first day the parks were EMPTY. It was raining and nobody was there at park opening. We practically walked on every ride. However, the next day the skies were clear and the lines were long. FOTL helped out trememdously. But, BTTF express line(which is the same as FOTL) took over 25 minutes to get through. Yes, that is still shorter than the standby line, but it was a long wait just the same. BTW, this was in March. Given the circumstances, we were able to ride and do pretty much everything we had planned to do in those 2 days, but we wondered if this was due to the rain the first day or not. TO be safe, we are taking 3 days next month to do the parks. We added the additional day for larger crowds (summer) and possibility of the longer express lines. As far as your trip next year, I would rather not give advice. This FOTL (as they used to call it) may be drastically different. No way to predict just how smoothly you will be able to get through the lines. I am hoping for myself that 3 days will be more than enough time to enjoy and relax too. Good luck.

take the extra day if you can. We loved the HRH and didn't want to leave even though we were only there for two days . We went to the Dolphin after that and it didn't come close in comparison especially to the kids. There are so many great rides at IOA and US that you will want to have enough time for them all so you may need that extra day. I can honestly say the greatest part of our trip was the HRH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter