help!! First time planner

luvmytwoboys

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to WDW and I need some help planning. Is it better to buy a package deal or to buy tickets at the gate? Also, what would be the best resort to stay at? There is so much to do that I feel lost! Any advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!:crazy:

Welcome to the DIS luvmytwoboys :wave:

We always do everything separately flights, accommodation and tickets a great way to save money.

As for resorts have a look at this info See what would suit your family and then check out the Resorts Board for questions and answers.

I also found this thread WDW Resort FAQ and Information Threads which looks really useful :)

Hope this helps

Just wanted to say welcome to the DIS

hope you find all the information you need here:wave2:

Hi there! I'm new to these boards too.

We're planning our first trip with kids for over the July 4th. We had just been down last August as adults.

I have to say--- buy individually and definiately plan ahead. Make sure you know what you want to do. If you want character meals, there is a number you can call to get reserved "Priority Seating". This is a must in some areas or your wait can be CRAZY LONG!

One thing we did as a family was , we drove to the Gulf side of Florida to go to Clearwater beach. Absolutely the most beautiful place I"ve been to. The water was clear, the sand was white. It was about an hour and a half trip.

Also--- we saved A LOT of money by eating "Hot dogs and slurpiess" for lunch right before we'd go into the parks. LOL Corny I know but it was maybe $5 for lunch for us and we weren't that hungry and then we'd spend close to $60-100 on a dinner. Just one we choose to compensate the food cost. Obviously you can do what fits your wants/needs/budget.

Theres a lot of information here.

I guess if I were you-- I'd get a basic outline. Where do you want to go? All of the parks? 4 day hoppers? or 5 day hoppers? We're going with 4 day hoppers. Sea world is great, too. Y ou can go to discovery cove but it's $200 a person. Still a great time for everyone. Plus, the swim with the dolpins is great. If you go to seaworld get a copy of the daily show times and be prepared to go to them all in advance. In Shamus show, the wet section gets SOAKED.... not just a little water.

BRING PONCHOS!! They cost $6-10 a piece down there and it's a good idea to eliminate that cost. Also, bring a zip lock bag to the park with you for your cameras or anything else you don't want to get wet. Salt water will kill your camera in no time.

Anyhow, I'm rambling, lol Sorry.

Just trying to throw some good ideas your way!

HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!