Help? Dining Plan, Yay or Nay w/ young children?

I haven't received my ME luggage tags for the first part of our trip but have for our departure, should I be worried?

We are staying at POR and the Yacht Club at the end of this month. Our POR packet came in early December, and our Yacht Club packet just arrived. I was a little worried - thought they should have come around the same time.

Since you're at less than 3 weeks (the time they say you'll receive your packet) I would give them a call right away about your ME luggage tags.

what is a voucher booklet?

It is a smallish booklet that contains 'tear out' tickets for each of us for transportation. From what I understand, they aren't required, just make transportation easier.

Definitely just call and ask...this is our first time using ME...we typically rent a car, so by no means am I an expert. Good luck!

For the record, we're 'no dining plan' people. I think that when you are with a group, you just go with the flow. Even though we don't do dining plan (even when it is free), if we were going with dining plan addicts, we would suck it up and do the dining plan to make things easier : ) Have a good time!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your input. I decided since this is our first stay and we are doing a bunch of character meals and going with another family that we're going to do the dining plan. Just called and gave our broker my credit card info. We have two studios booked, so not in the same room with the other family.

18 days to go, so excited and need to start a packing list. I haven't received my ME luggage tags for the first part of our trip but have for our departure, should I be worried?

Thanks again for all your help! :cool1:
You don't need ME luggage tags for your trip back to the airport. You only need your vouchers for the bus. Your luggage will be tagged when you check it in at the resort on your departure day. However, they often send a whole ME packet for each resort that you are staying at. So, you should have gotten one for AK and one for BC. It's the BC one that you will need to have luggage tags for.

If you haven't gotten the ME packet for BC, then get in touch with your broker. If you rented points from a DVC member, it was that member's job to make the ME arrangements for you and to make sure that the packet got mailed to you. Your broker can check with the DVC owner. Sometimes, the owner needs to make a second call to make sure that happens. My brother had to call member services twice when he made reservations for my sister. The first time, Magic Express sent the packet to him.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your input. I decided since this is our first stay and we are doing a bunch of character meals and going with another family that we're going to do the dining plan. Just called and gave our broker my credit card info. We have two studios booked, so not in the same room with the other family.

18 days to go, so excited and need to start a packing list. I haven't received my ME luggage tags for the first part of our trip but have for our departure, should I be worried?

Thanks again for all your help! :cool1:
If you are going with someone on the dining plan and are doing alot of character meals I think you did the right thing. I did the dining plan when we did alot of character meals with my grandson. We did several Buffet meals because he is a picky eater. Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys at Contemporary and Donald Duck Safari breakfast at Animal Kingdom were three of our favorites. My husband and I enjoyed Coral Reef. It was nice to have a place to go and eat when we were tired and could sit down and enjoy it. If I had reservations at Crystal Palace I went to Magic Kingdom that day, and Animal Kingdom on the day I ate there. We also ate at Rainforest when we came out of Animal Kingdom.

You said you already got the DDP - I think that is a great idea. We have done the DDP, DxDP and the QSDP and have found the DDP to be the best deal for us.

For kids under 10 the meal plans are a great deal if you are doing character or family style meals. The one meal pays for the entire day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter