Help! Can't Decide!

placeela

Mouseketeer
Hi! I have been a long time reader, but first time poster! I am planning a trip to WDW at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb with DH, DS7, and DD6.:cool1: I have been going back and force with trying to pick a resort. The only WDW resort I have stayed at is ASSports. I have stayed offsite a couple times as well. We have the military discount so I am very tempted to stay onsite. Here are my choices: I currently have AofA Cars suite booked. I could stay at AKL standard view for about $100 less (or savannah for $400 more), Wilderness Lodge for about $200 more than AofA because there are no standard rooms, Yacht or Beach Club GV for about $200 more than AofA. I would love Polynesian or Contemporary but am leary about Polynesian during this time frame due to a lot of contruction talk. Contempary only has Tower Theme Park view and I really can't justify spending that much. I am so torn and keep going back and forth! I think we would be happy with AofA but I do have a few concerns about it. Although I have heard the food court is nice, I am a little worried it will be very busy since all phases will be open at this time. In addition, I know there are tour groups in January. Do you think they would stay at AoA? Finally, I feel like for that amount of money, maybe we should try deluxe. Just wondered what you experts would do?? I am not that worried about pools since the weather might not allow us to use them. We will have park hoppers and will be splitting our time around the 4 parks. Also, we will have a car so transportation isn't a huge issue. The only other thing that might be nice would be the kids to have separate beds since they tend to fight when sharing a bed (which is why I like the suites) Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Edit: I just reread and realize that pricing looks a bit confusing. Here is what it breaks down to be for 5 nights during value season: I can book AoA suite for $1030. AKL standard $968 savannah/BB $1350, WL BB $1180, Beach/Yacht $1250. We won't have a resort day, but since resorts aren't open that late should be around in the evenings. Of course it gets more confusing to throw Shades of Green ($750) or any of the moderates ($750) into the mix. Can you tell I am driving myself crazy???

Having stayed at all levels, the deluxe resorts are obviously the best. We absolutely love the look and feel of WL.

That being said, we have settled on the POFQ. While it does lack some of the amenities of larger resorts, we like the compact size and the food court. It has been refurbished and the rooms now have two queen beds.

If you are worried about groups while there, I would stay away from the values. AOA looks nice but I refuse to pay almost deluxe price to stay at a value resort regardless of the room size.

My first response was going to be the Poly, but since you are concerned with construction (I would be too), any of the other choices are great as well. We love the deluxe resorts, so any of those would be my choice. Having stayed at AKL, WL, and BC, they are all awesome resorts and you really can't go wrong with any of them. We love the different transportation options as well as a variety of dining options offered at the deluxe resorts. WL has the boat to MK, BC/YC is great as it's within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS (also has boat transportation), and although AKL only has buses, we didn't find them to be bad at all during any of our stays. For dining options, WL has Whispering Canyon and Artist Point; BC/YC has Cape May Cafe (one of our favorites ;)), Yachtsman Steakhouse, & Captains Grill; and AKL has Boma and Jiko. One plus that the BC/YC has over the WL and AKL is the rooms are slightly larger. With all of that said, I would choose the resort that the theme/decor appeals to you the most. Good luck with your decision, but you really can't go wrong with any of them :wizard:.

stay at a deluxe if you can makr your choce by which park you ike the best. if it is MK than poly, wL or contp.

if your favorite is ecpot than YC r BC

this is what we do our favorite is ecpot so we stay at the BC.

My first time posting as well. DD daughter and I stayed at the Contemp this past June with the theme park view. We went back to the hotel to rest for a while and watched wishes from our balcony. Incredible! Then we went back to MK after for EMH. Definitely worth it but definitely pricey. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Since you don't seem to spend a lot of time just hanging around a resort, I would pick one of the less expensive choices. I would probably pick the $750 option and bring an air mattress if you need to. I don't know much about SoG (I hear it's nice) but I do know all 4 of the moderates are quite nice. I would save the money and use it for something else.

Edit: I just reread and realize that pricing looks a bit confusing. Here is what it breaks down to be for 5 nights during value season: I can book AoA suite for $1030. AKL standard $968 savannah/BB $1350, WL BB $1180, Beach/Yacht $1250. We won't have a resort day, but since resorts aren't open that late should be around in the evenings. Of course it gets more confusing to throw Shades of Green ($750) or any of the moderates ($750) into the mix. Can you tell I am driving myself crazy???

I would stay at BC/YC every time for that deal! The kids would love SAB pool and it is the best location on property as far as my family is concerned, walk to EPCOT and Boardwalk, boat to HS! :cool1:

My 2nd choice would be WL. Love the resort, and love the boats to MK, CR, and FW.

AKL is pretty awesome if your family is big on the animals. We have stayed there and it is beautiful and the animals are great, but we were sated in a couple of days and ready to move on. We never get tired of the EPCOT area!

I honestly think the new AoA suites are overpriced for the amenities and location. If saving money is a biggie, POR and CSR are great for kids! We would probably do a mod over AKL, but I'm sure we're in the minority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter