Help! Candy Cane Inn or Howard Johnson ??

P

Pkdcoastrs

Right now we have the HOJO booked for $327 (3 nights)! I recently saw reviews and pictures of the Candy Cane Inn, where we wouldbe saving about $20 + FREE continental breakfast every morning! Now I know both are great choices, but I just don't know!

CCI is rated #2 and HOJO #3 on TripAdvisor, so obviously there isn't a "huge" difference. The free continental breakfast seems very good since my parents and I since at other hotels we have always used that to save money.

Anyone here have their own pictures of the Candy Cane Inn?

Thanks
Mike

We've never stayed at the HOJO so I can't compare the two, but we've had two wonderful stays at the CCI. The breakfast is extensive, and we were very happy with the selections and quality of food - this is NOT just doughnuts! There are toaster waffles, instant oatmeal and cream of wheat, bagles (numerous types),toast, doughnuts and pastries, of course. There was also a variety of fruit, cold cereal, juices, muffins, etc.
The rooms are very nice, never had any noise issues. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and we never had to wait or stand. It is also close enough to walk if you choose.
I can't recommend it enough!

And I've never stayed at the CCI so I can't compare the two, but had a wonderful stay at HoJo's last December.

In short, you can't go wrong - just about everyone who has stayed at either will recomend them.

The difference comes down to the fact that CCI gives you breakast and has its own shuttle. HoJo has no breakfast (though there is a great place across the street, MiMi's) but has a great pool and is within 10 minutes walk.

I'd never stay anywhere else, but I'm sure AFMom is the same.

We stayed at the HoJo in 9/05 and our room was part of a Delta package so our room only came to $30/night, but our friends who met us there got a deal with the Entertainment card for $45. We LOVED the HoJo! Don't get me wrong, it's not a luxury place! We loved the location and I researched the hotels a lot because it was our first trip to DL as I have taken about 25 trips to WDW. I read some negative reviews about Candy Cane, that it needed remodeling, dirty, etc. that turned me off. I would stay at the HoJo again in a hearbeat, especially if we got a similar deal. The only thing I would suggest is to ask for a room with 2 queens as the other building I think have double beds and are smaller. Our room was a nice size, had a small fridge and a table where our kids had cereal for b'fast. We liked that McDonald's was on the way to the park so sometimes we would grab something there. We also liked having Mimi's so close and had a few 11 p.m. dinners there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter