Help a first-timer with Fantasmic seating question

Tuffy

Earning My Ears
I've read that the dessert buffet reserved seating is much more popular than the other/ground level?/plated meal seating. Why? Is the view not as good? What do they give you with the meal? They are similarly priced, aren't they? Maybe I misunderstand, but isn't a full meal better than just dessert? Straighten me out.

Signed,

Florida Lover

There was a recent post about this which could probably could explain better, but this is my understanding:

The ground level seating is just reserved seating (no food, just a reserved seat), the dessert buffet includes (obviously) dessert and drinks, and is upstairs in the Disney Gallery, and is only a dollar more than the reserved seating, making it a much better value

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I got this from a post by stlrod:

There are now two types of seating:

Desert Balcony sold at Guest Services in the Plaza near DCA. On Monday 6/11, it was not open at 7:30a when early entry began.

Priority Seating--reserved seating down front and center with a boxed desert--This is sold inside Disneyland at Guest Services in City Hall

Apparently the "ground level" seating includes a boxed dessert, but the dessert balcony is an all-you-care-to-eat kind of thing.

DH & I went the desert buffet route. I didn't know about the other reserved seating. But for the small $ difference, I am glad we went with the balcony view.
We also saw Fantasmic from the ground -- side view, by the Columbia dock. Not a good view. If you are below, see it from straight on as much as possible. However, you will need to stake out seats and fight squatters off.
I have the Fantasmic buffet mentioned in one of my DL trip reports. (Friday night, last DL night)
Good luck.

I have done the desert buffet at the Gallery twice and loved it. The show in DL is much better than the one in WDW, so I would recommend it. You do not get wet sitting up there and have a great view of everything. Most importantly, you get food and drinks (no alcohol) and a seat for your butt that is not cement! The hardest part is getting the tickets. have the person who's the early bird in your group go stand in line for the tix. They need to go early, like 6am. They only have 15 to 20 seats available per show. Good luck and enjoy!:earsgirl:

We just got back from Calfornia this morning, and saw Fantasmic Thursday night. I had been determined to try to get tickets for the dessert buffet, but then decided there was no way I could work out waiting in line (I was there alone with our 3 kids), checking out of the Disneyland Hotel that morning, and getting in for early entry, so we watched from the walkway. It worked out GREAT!

There were two Fantasmic shows that night...9 and 10 :30 PM. We went to the 10:30. Walked up to our spot at 10:20 or so, right near where you'd walk to the Blue Bayou, and stood there. There was a curb that we stood on, and leaned against the fence. View was terrific.

The dessert buffet looks great and perhaps someday I'll go back and try it, but I was very happy that I didn't end up being disappointed by getting a really lousy spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter