Heart Attack on a plate at Cafe Orleans

Let's take a little different spin here: Do you try to eat healthy when at DL? If so - where do you prefer to eat and what choices do you make? If you decided to not worry about what your're eating for that day - where do you prefer to eat and what is your favorite food?

I'll start - it's mixed for me. Sometime I try really hard to eat healthy but since I am so picky - I don't often succeed. When I do try - we end up at RFcafe and ask to subs. more veggies for fries or potatoes (starches) and add a dinner salad. On those days its no dessert for me.

If I am going "whole hog" and don't care - I love BB - and will have dessert. I also like the icecream from the Gibson Girl. Those days are often mexican in DTD or hamburgers and fries inside the park. Howver that Monte Cristo sounds really good to me - so will try that on my next "eat anything" day. :crazy: (page 2 of the smilies doesn't seem to be working - it won't insert anthing)

oh wow! I figure I'm on vacation that I'm allowed to eat unhealthy for 5 days. However, we're staying a the DH in a suite so we'll do a little grocery shopping also.

I am not a low carb believer, but I do believe that there are good carbs and bad carbs. Point being...everyone needs carbs it is just about choosing the right ones.

I do lead a healthy lifestyle and since I go to Disneyland so often, I can not afford to splurge every time I am there. There are tons of healthy alternatives and the staff will make things as you wish. Here are a couple of things I do or know of.

Redd Rockets Pizza Port - Pizza Salad minus the pepperoni. I ask for a half order and dressing on the side. They will create the salads any way you want at this restaurant.

Bengal Barbecue - Although this place is closing down. The chicken skewers were always a healthy on-the-go option.

Village Haus - Although not my favorite location to dine, they do have a turkey sandwich.

River Belle Terrace - They have a great BBQ chicken platter. You can ask for items to be held and replaced with more healthy options. I also don't eat the chicken skin. They also have some other healthy options, but this is what I stick to.

Carnation Cafe - Here, they have a Chicken Ceasar Salad. I am not a fan of Ceasar so can't comment if it is any good. They also have different sandwiches such as Turkey and Ham which are low fat. You can ask for it to wrapped in lettuce if you don't eat carbs.

The Plaza Inn - This restaurant has a HUGE Cobb Salad which can be split among two people. Again, you can ask for items to be left off the salad (such as bacon). You can also ask for dressing on the side. There is also a house salad at this restaurant. Another option is the pot roast. One can ask for double veggies instead of mashed potatoes.

Club Buzz - Again, not my favorite place to eat because of the atmosphere, but they have several sandwich options. If bread is an issue, you can request the lettuce.

These are options just in Disneyland...there are more in California Adventure, Downtown Disney and the hotels. I LOVE the ESPN zone. My favorite dish there is the grilled chicken with a baked potato (plain) and green beans. If a baked potato (which is very healthy when eaten plain) is not an option, you can ask for double green beans or a side of salad greens.

There are also fresh fruit stands throughout Disneyland. Although marked up (like everything in Disneyland) the fruit is very good and a healthy option.

Great idea, Greengirl! Thanks for posting those suggestions, we usually just leave the park to eat but this year we'll definitely try some of those places. One place we like to go to is La Brea for lunch. They have some nice salads and sandwiches and soups. I liked the chicken sandwich at Whitewater at GCH too.
Has anyone ever tried Yamabuki at PP?

well all i know is if you guys want to eat healthy more power to you and I commend your willpower but as for me Im walking all day and dont do sit down meal except for once a day so I am gonna eat a few big huge corn dogs, and jalapeno pretzels and bengal bbq as well as drink 100 cherry flavored lemonades... popcorn::

It's not so much a desire to eat healthy for me, I'd love to be able to eat corn dogs and fries and all that other good stuff, but if I did eat that way I'd be so sick I probably wouldn't enjoy the rest of my day. When I do indulge, I make sure it's at dinner and we're not planning on staying in the park.

Can we please stop talking about the Monte Cristo sandwich?

You're making me hungry. :)

Walt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter