Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this might be one of those "be careful what you wish for" things.
Can you please explain? Overall I can think of a lot more positive benefits of bringing it back versus negatives.

I know that you know the parks well so I am interested to hear your thoughts. I could see it potentially increasing crowds if people knew that FP+ was back. I guess another big negative would be if they did start charging for it. :mad::mad::mad:What are some other reasons?

Dan

Can you please explain? Overall I can think of a lot more positive benefits of bringing it back versus negatives.

I know that you know the parks well so I am interested to hear your thoughts. I could see it potentially increasing crowds if people knew that FP+ was back. I guess another big negative would be if they did start charging for it. :mad::mad::mad:What are some other reasons?

Dan
I'm talking about them potentially bringing it back as a paid option. We paid for and loved MaxPass at DLR. I would happily pony up a similar amount for FPs at Disney. But the rumors I keep hearing have it being a lot more expensive. And we probably wouldn't have budget for that. So it could be a huge sea change.

I'm very curious why they've waited so long to bring it back. I feel like they are trying to separate the free FP from before from the new paid option. Like they are trying to reset to this new normal of not having FP. Before they start charging for it.

I'm talking about them potentially bringing it back as a paid option. We paid for and loved MaxPass at DLR. I would happily pony up a similar amount for FPs at Disney. But the rumors I keep hearing have it being a lot more expensive. And we probably wouldn't have budget for that. So it could be a huge sea change.

I'm very curious why they've waited so long to bring it back. I feel like they are trying to separate the free FP from before from the new paid option. Like they are trying to reset to this new normal of not having FP. Before they start charging for it.
OK thanks

I don’t like the idea of being their guinea pigs in this situation. I also loathe the idea of making the system paid that used to be included with admission.

Disney has increased their Florida profits already by significantly increasing park ticket costs, resort costs and dining costs.

Dan

OK thanks

I don’t like the idea of being their guinea pigs in this situation. I also loathe the idea of making the system paid that used to be included with admission.

Disney has increased their Florida profits already by significantly increasing park ticket costs, resort costs and dining costs.

Dan
I hope you have a great trip and the magic is still there for you. :flower1:

We just got back from a rather impromptu short visit to Orlando. Did 2 days in USO and a day in the MK. Going back in January and once again taking some time from Disney and heading back to USO.

My concern with bringing back FP right now is that it will create crazy long standby lines since so many of the usual "filler" activities are not available -- the parade keeps lots of people out of standby lines for 1 - 1.5 hours -- between waiting for it and watching it. The castle show, Monster's Inc, shopping (I think the stores aren't all open), meeting characters -- people don't have these things to do while waiting for their the next FP. So you'll have 3 rides with FP...you can hope for more, but the wait times for everything else will be so much worse than they are right now. If you are a frequent visitor, maybe this works for you. But as a once every 1-2 years visitor, this is dreadful. Plus, we don't want to take breaks during the day. I don't want to go back to the resort because the parks are too crowded.

Although...the standby lines are creeping up towards crazy long right now anyway...

My concern with bringing back FP right now is that it will create crazy long standby lines since so many of the usual "filler" activities are not available -- the parade keeps lots of people out of standby lines for 1 - 1.5 hours -- between waiting for it and watching it. The castle show, Monster's Inc, shopping (I think the stores aren't all open), meeting characters -- people don't have these things to do while waiting for their the next FP. So you'll have 3 rides with FP...you can hope for more, but the wait times for everything else will be so much worse than they are right now. If you are a frequent visitor, maybe this works for you. But as a once every 1-2 years visitor, this is dreadful. Plus, we don't want to take breaks during the day. I don't want to go back to the resort because the parks are too crowded.

Although...the standby lines are creeping up towards crazy long right now anyway...

It's never been shown that FP+ significantly increases the stand by lines. Regardless, as you say, they're long now. If you're standing for 2 hours, does it really matter if you stand for 2.5? A lot of waiting for other rides can be shortened by riding secondary rides early, using FP for the afternoons or evenings when waits tend to be longer if it's so busy that getting additional FP's is tough. A lot of people claim that's never an issue, that with a little effort, you can always get additional FP's. For us, it at least means we'll get to ride 3 things because we aren't standing in hour long lines for anything and would just not get to ride them at all.

There's where the real and justified complaint is and not just because I happen to have a maybe we're going to go trip planned. It's inexcusable at this point not to do something to relieve the long waits in line. If they're going to continue to amp up capacity and not going to open up shows and parades to draw people, they need to open up FP+. It's not going to add any significant time to stand by, it never did. To wait until the end of summer when crowds are naturally slowing down is ludicrous and they have no reason not to do it. FP+ has apparently passed all the testing phases and could be released any time they choose.

I don't give 2 cents for what they might do in the future regarding FP+- paid, free limited by where you stay- don't care. Open up FP+ to everyone and do it now.

I also think it's time to put ROTR on the FP+ system -- especially if it has increased capacity, by having less breakdowns than before. And I hope that the upcoming new attractions will also be placed on the FP+ system, because that would increase the total pool of FPs available, thus reducing pressure on headliners like FOP. Even ROTR would see less demand once the Guardians coaster opens, for example.

The latest on FP is the days of advanced booking is likely ending. The new system they want to put in place will be day of FP

No. The cheating would be standing at the kiosks and when the CM's inevitably opened the machines to help speed things up people would lie and say they had far more in their group than they actually did and they would have more FP's than they should. This and many more "cheats" are what drove people nuts back then.
I remember back when there were the paper fast passes you had to put everyone's ticket in the kiosk for it to give you the fast pass

Look for WDW to still offer the 3 free fast passes for people staying on site and paid options for people offsite.

I also think it's time to put ROTR on the FP+ system -- especially if it has increased capacity, by having less breakdowns than before. And I hope that the upcoming new attractions will also be placed on the FP+ system, because that would increase the total pool of FPs available, thus reducing pressure on headliners like FOP. Even ROTR would see less demand once the Guardians coaster opens, for example.
The GotG ride isn't opening up until maybe Spring of 2023. I'm hoping that the opening of Tron by the middle to late next year reduces the demand for Rise of the Resistance.

You can bet there will be some version of this. This is a not cost option for WDW to increase on-site stays without having to offer other incentives such as room discounts or free dining.

Agreed. From the sounds of it while you may get free FP, you won't get to pre book them anymore.

Agreed. From the sounds of it while you may get free FP, you won't get to pre book them anymore.

But then, it could be included as part of the perk, much like Club Level got to book earlier than anyone else. 90 days wasn't it?

Based on rumors. Albeit from people who may typically be right most of the time or may even have a good grasp on what's actually coming. But at the end of the day we still don't know anything for sure. Call it wishful thinking or whatever you want but I'm really hoping that they just simply come back with FP+ as it was before and the ability to book these at 60 days out with the ability to pay for more on the day of if you want. A lot of people will do that.

But then, it could be included as part of the perk, much like Club Level got to book earlier than anyone else. 90 days wasn't it?
From the sounds of it. They are working on getting rid of advanced booking. It would be day of for everyone. The one I could see happen is staying on property gets a certain amount of free ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter