Heads up - Halloween overbooked, Disney called me

I don't understand what you trying to say here
I think there was some confusion on the way the posts read. You are/have in fact been granted this tree house stay, correct? I think when you relayed the conversation with the CM regarding your tree house stay it could have been interpreted as you MAY get to but hadn't actually:

UPDATE - They just called back and offered 5 nights free at the Poly or Grand Floridian, if we leave the camper at home (no parking). I asked for a treehouse given our tent campers situation (5 total guests) and he said sure, if one is available. Basically anything I wanted. So 5 nights at a Treehouse at Saratoga Springs would have been a whopping $6960 rack rate. How could I turn that down?

He did say they they make sure we have access to the Fort on Halloween. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, that is my guess as to this comment. I know further discussion in thread implies that you are staying there and that even your comment above about "How could I turn that down?" makes the suggestion, but... I am guessing that not seeing a "I have a reservation and I am definitely staying there" type comment may have led to being unsure of your actual status with the tree house....

Last edited:
Just thought I would say it sounds like they maybe offering buses from POR to FW for those that take them up on the offer. So if the boats between POR and the Treehouses are running (which they should since POR will be open in another week or so), that might be the easiest way to head over for the Halloween Stuff.

And I saw Shannon posted the activities page on her FB page and its 100% back to normal schedule and even new extras like a fall festive on the 29th.

If I wasnt so flipping invested in all my decorations that I been making for the last 5 years then well, I would have taken the treehouses too! Seriously that is great and for the cost of two FW nights. Great score!!

I had read that as the CM not actually promising you the treehouse, or reserving one for you. Just that if no one else has it, they will upgrade you to that.

Ah, I see where my post might have been confusing. He said yes, if one was available (after offering GF or Poly). Then checked the computer and found it was. I have a confirmation email of the change, rate of 0.00 per night and MDE shows Treehouse villas now.

Was unclear in my post, excited word salad I guess :D

Last edited:

Just thought I would say it sounds like they maybe offering buses from POR to FW for those that take them up on the offer. So if the boats between POR and the Treehouses are running (which they should since POR will be open in another week or so), that might be the easiest way to head over for the Halloween Stuff.

And I saw Shannon posted the activities page on her FB page and its 100% back to normal schedule and even new extras like a fall festive on the 29th.

If I wasnt so flipping invested in all my decorations that I been making for the last 5 years then well, I would have taken the treehouses too! Seriously that is great and for the cost of two FW nights. Great score!!

They actually ended up comping the whole 5 nights at the treehouse. If I would have taken the GF or Poly room, it would have been entirely comped as well. The original offer of POR was paying for two nights at the campsite rate, with 3 nights free. They must not have gotten any/many takers with that offer before they called people back with new Deluxe offers of entirely comped, leaving the camper at home. I was the one who asked for a treehouse instead, due to our multiple party needs.

I will check those boats, thanks! I forgot POR wasn't even open yet.

I totally understand the investment in the decorations and maybe I will never score a Halloween reservation again. Have an amazing time! If you need some candy we may have a lot extra lol.. if we can drag it all over to the Fort that day.

Where do I find that Facebook post?

Michelle

Last edited:
They actually ended up comping the whole 5 nights at the treehouse. If I would have taken the GF or Poly room, it would have been entirely comped as well. The original offer of POR was paying for two nights at the campsite rate, with 3 nights free. They must not have gotten any/many takers with that offer before they called people back with new Deluxe offers of entirely comped, leaving the camper at home. I was the one who asked for a treehouse instead, due to our multiple party needs.

I will check those boats, thanks! I forgot POR wasn't even open yet.

I totally understand the investment in the decorations and maybe I will never score a Halloween reservation again. Have an amazing time! If you need some candy we may have a lot extra lol.. if we can drag it all over to the Fort that day.

Where do I find that Facebook post?

Michelle

Shannon Marie posted it to Fort Wilderness Halloween Campers FB Group. I posted it to my FB Group which is Halloween at the Fort 2021 as well. :)

Also if you have never checked out Yehaa Bob at POR, I highly recommend the boat ride down to see him. I know he is back there on Day one :)

Thanks! Still figuring out logistics but it'll be just fine I am sure. I pulled down a suitcase today and 'trial fit' the blackstone, suitcase and cooler and in my Outback just to see how much room I'd have for decorations and pantry foods and other stuff.. and boy do I take for granted the home on wheels aspect of the travel trailer :D And ours isn't even that large. I haven't really been on a 'suitcase' trip in a while now, my packing skills are rusty :-)

Just an interesting sidebar, I've never had Disney contact me because of an overbooking situation, but the Patina group, which owns the Space220 restaurant in Epcot did..... I had a lunch ressie, they emailed me, overbooked and needed to reschedule. I was able to add in another couple, so it worked out OK.

Just an interesting sidebar, I've never had Disney contact me because of an overbooking situation, but the Patina group, which owns the Space220 restaurant in Epcot did..... I had a lunch ressie, they emailed me, overbooked and needed to reschedule. I was able to add in another couple, so it worked out OK.

On one hand, I think, "Don't these people know how many tables they have?" But then I remembered that they use averages and the data includes how long people stay at a table. My guess is that when people are paying 3x the price for the atmosphere, they are going to soak up that atmosphere and not be rushed. So, less availability

1. As a Concierge, OVERBOOKING is frequent.
2. The printed "policy" is to an "equal or better" resort room.
3. In this case, someone thought P.O. was "equal".
4. If nothing else, I would complain, complain, complain.
5. You deserve AT LEAST a Deluxe resort room.

NOTE:
. . . Overbooking is not as infrequent as many think.
. . . Yes, the computers allocate the available room rooms.
. . . They allow 15% overbooking, for cancellations.
. . . Airlines only allow 10%, but WDW goes further.
. . . If not enough space, they move you to an "equal" room.

. . . You might not get FW, but should get higher than P.O.
. . . STAND FAST, and gently demand a better resort!

HINT:
. . . Be pleasant and demand gently.
. . . A kind conversation goes a long way.

1. As a Concierge, OVERBOOKING is frequent.
2. The printed "policy" is to an "equal or better" resort room.
3. In this case, someone thought P.O. was "equal".
4. If nothing else, I would complain, complain, complain.
5. You deserve AT LEAST a Deluxe resort room.

NOTE:
. . . Overbooking is not as infrequent as many think.
. . . Yes, the computers allocate the available room rooms.
. . . They allow 15% overbooking, for cancellations.
. . . Airlines only allow 10%, but WDW goes further.
. . . If not enough space, they move you to an "equal" room.

. . . You might not get FW, but should get higher than P.O.
. . . STAND FAST, and gently demand a better resort!

HINT:
. . . Be pleasant and demand gently.
. . . A kind conversation goes a long way.

All good. We did end up at Deluxe resort in a Treehouse villa. Should be a different experience than camping, but still fun. But I agree, PO standard room is not comparable to one's own camper. I'm sure moving people in regular hotel room overbooking situations is easier.

Since we are at a Deluxe, we will try out the extra evening hours at MK on our checkin day, if I get a nap ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter