Headed back to the Fort, January 2019 TR thread.

Kris sorry about not getting back to pick up the TFP and say goodbye but sat down after dinner with a big fat full belly and nodded off. My apologies to Mallory for not coming back one last time Hopefully at GSP, Sky will warm up to you more and will come say Hello to her too. GSP back in 400 loop with jbridg2

I mentioned the pressure sore Mallory got. She went to the vet today and we are back in wound care mode (did a lot of that with yeti in his last year). Mallory now has a tie over bandage. The vet put sutures in the use to tie the bandage on. Good thing is she could not feel it at all. She does look like she has a flower on her butt.

567F4FDB-A59F-4489-B7A2-F161CD6A1CE9.jpeg

B53E75EE-2BB6-4803-92F0-3F171B785323.jpeg

I am figuring 8 weeks of bandaging for it to heal. She is allowed to lay on it the gauze should protect it but will give her a day or two to let the sutures settle in.

Last edited:

I mentioned the pressure sore Mallory got. She went to the vet today and we are back in wound care mode (did a lot of that with yeti in his last year). Mallory know has a tie over bandage. The vet put sutures in the use to tie the bandage on. Good thing is she could not feel it at all. She does look like she has a flower on her butt.

View attachment 378625

View attachment 378623

I am figuring 8 weeks of bandaging for it to heal. She is allowed to lay on it the gauze should protect it but will give her a day or two to let the sutures settle in.

Good luck, and we are sorry she is going through this.

Fort.jpg Had the opportunity to stop by the Fort today to see some friends. Raining cats and dogs. But.........I'm still at the Fort. About a month ago, my DW brought up the idea of going on a cruise. Not sure I'm gonna like cruising. This will be my first cruise. She was originally looking at Royal Caribbean. With very little arm twisting I convinced her to book a Disney cruise on the Dream. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2Since this is my first cruise and it's a Disney cruise, If it's ok with my fellow Fort campers, I would like to share my TR on here. I've met several of you face to face and those I haven't, I still feel like I know you somewhat. Gotta be a camper thing. Leaving out Monday evening and be back Friday morning.

Steve

Last edited:

View attachment 378666 Had the opportunity to stop by the Fort today to see some friends. Raining cats and dogs. But.........I'm still at the Fort. About a month ago, my DW brought up the idea of going on a cruise. Not sure I'm gonna like cruising. This will be my first cruise. She was originally looking at Royal Caribbean. With very little arm twisting I convinced her to book a Disney cruise on the Dream. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2Since this is my first cruise and it's a Disney cruise, If it's ok with my fellow Fort campers, I would like to share my TR on here. I've met several of you face to face and those I haven't, I still feel like I know you somewhat. Gotta be a camper thing. Leaving out Monday evening and be back Friday morning.

Steve
We'd love to hear about a Disney cruise.

I mentioned the pressure sore Mallory got. She went to the vet today and we are back in wound care mode (did a lot of that with yeti in his last year). Mallory now has a tie over bandage. The vet put sutures in the use to tie the bandage on. Good thing is she could not feel it at all. She does look like she has a flower on her butt.

View attachment 378625

View attachment 378623

Poor baby. Sorry to hear she's having to fight this.

View attachment 378666 Had the opportunity to stop by the Fort today to see some friends. Raining cats and dogs. But.........I'm still at the Fort. About a month ago, my DW brought up the idea of going on a cruise. Not sure I'm gonna like cruising. This will be my first cruise. She was originally looking at Royal Caribbean. With very little arm twisting I convinced her to book a Disney cruise on the Dream. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2Since this is my first cruise and it's a Disney cruise, If it's ok with my fellow Fort campers, I would like to share my TR on here. I've met several of you face to face and those I haven't, I still feel like I know you somewhat. Gotta be a camper thing. Leaving out Monday evening and be back Friday morning.

Steve

The Dream is an amazing ship, been on her 4 times, you will love it. We have been on the Allure with RCL once and sailing on her again this June. It's not Disney, but we had an amazing time and for the price difference, we can cruise for 7 nights vs 4 with Disney.

View attachment 378625

View attachment 378623

Hugs and kisses for her :hug:. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Sending Mallory many prayers & hugs! Please keep us informed,if possible, on Mallory’s healing. Can’t wait to hear about your Disney Cruise! Have lots of fun & be safe.

Since this is my first cruise and it's a Disney cruise, If it's ok with my fellow Fort campers, I would like to share my TR on here. I've met several of you face to face and those I haven't, I still feel like I know you somewhat. Gotta be a camper thing. Leaving out Monday evening and be back Friday morning.

Steve

DH and I went over to DHS this am for an Annual Passholder merchandise event. They were offering the Minnie donut ears and cookie for early sale from 7-9 am. We decided to get in line for opening and they opened Toy Story Land at 8:30 am. We enjoyed riding Slinky Dog Dash and Toy Story Midway Mania. We were back to the Fort by 9:30am. Lots of people checking out today, must be because of the end of the month?
It has been unseasonably cold here but forecast is calling for warmer weather starting this weekend. Lots to look forward to for those coming in February!

Thanks for sharing so much about your trip, kris! I remember when you did the first round of cake decorating. I like the second Mickey cake the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!