Headed back to the Fort, January 2019 TR thread.

Bert still looks a little wiped. Hopefully the recovery is going well.

j

Kris mentioned he had blisters in the Marathon.

Those are tough to deal with; you can tell you have them during the run but you want to finish. You can, but you're definitely down while they heal up. <memories> ....

Helmet tap to Bert. (h/t)

Bama Ed

PS - Kris, I noticed our friend McFlurry John finished the Marathon in 6.5 hours. He was about 30 minutes faster than I was two year ago.

That's why he's a God.... :worship:

John, if you read this,

giphy.gif

Bama Ed x 2

Last edited:

i forgot to mention, after just getting back from the marathon, we finally met Katie from the Savage Sisters fame. She was a sweetie and even put a smile on Bert's face, which at that moment was a feat.
Kris is correct. They were literally just parking their car as Katie and I pulled to check if they had gotten back from the race. Katie is very is a big old Mush where most people are concerned but she took to Kris like a Duck to Water. Kris and her keys got all sorts of Kisses ( Hope The Rock Star didn't get too jealous) Bert looked like he had just run a Marathon and needed some serious down time. I offered assistance with Mallory if they needed it and went back to take Sky to the dog park.
Bert as an old Boy Scout and paratrooper I will let you in a secret I learned a long time ago. Put a good sprinkle of QUALITY foot powder in your SOCKS Helps to really cut down on blisters. Outside of a tooth ache nothing will take it out of you more than painful feet.

@bama_ed, McFlurry John @John VN did get his mcflurry. @Teamubr i was surprised Bert walked around pretty well yesterday. The blisters are hardening so that helps. I managed a VERY SLOW run this morning. Today we have to work and then try and get mallory back to normal schedule. We did manage to see illuminations last night. We know that will be the last time we see it. I am not opposed to them changing it but i am sad. Bert and I our first few (or a lot) would see it almost every night. My dad even took a liking to it. One of the family trips, bert and i were going to go see it we were staying beach club and asked if anyone wanted to come. My dad was the only taker.

John, if you read this,

giphy.gif

Bama Ed x 2

Thanks much Ed.

Have to apologize for being AWOL and Hermit like. Was NOT feeling the Marathon Weekend vibe and pretty concerned since no training = doubt about even completing 13.1. FW reservations made for MW 2020 so will try to keep legs moving and figure out what I can do for the knees. I have the extra incentive of remaining Perfectly McFlurry for the new course with 2020 my 10th Mickey Marathon.

Great runs Kris/Bert and hope to c-u and maybe c-Bama Ed-run (?) next January.

Have a GREAT YEAR everyone.

McFlurry John

Apparently there is some excitement in the 600 loop. Fb page says "Huge police and security presence"

upload_2019-1-16_17-3-57.png

j

Kris/Bert, your cake looked great! Where do U go for the class? Would love to try it in Oct. Mallory is so PRECIOUS!! We all are missing our Suzy.

Did Dear Mrs. Bert's Mom get a piece for finishing all her vegetables at dinner last night
Yum, the cake was tasty! Actually, the veggies at dinner were pretty tasty too! Mike, meeting you and Lucille was the highlight of my day! I'm so glad we were able to get together. I feel as though we're old friends.:dogdance:

We went to the RV super show today. We have not been in a few years so it was fun. I did manage one birthday present, and no it was not a new coach. We got a new eurorecliner for the RV. Stopped at the front desk and they said to call tomorrow and they will pick up the old chair :-). Have the rockstar outside now till dinner.

I feel I have been slack on reporting our adventures; as well as, getting out to meet fellow Disers. Have glad a little bad luck with our FP+ last few days. The Safari was closed on Monday due to the arrival of a baby giraffe . Disappointed not to go on the safari but seeing a baby giraffe born would have been amazing. Also today we had a FP for RnRC and it was down, but we did get to ride Slinky Dog Dash.
For lunch we had pizza at Pizza Pointe. The pizza was yummy. We prefer it to Blaze and try to get at least one trip there when we go to Disney Springs.
Happy Birthday Kris! A new eurorecliner and a Mickey cake...sounds like you did okay.
Just to keep the record straight, I had oatmeal for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter