• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

He Was Bitten, Bitten By The Bug! A Nov-Dec '12 TR **WRAP UP 7/26**

DAY SIX, TUESDAY DECEMBER 4TH

I slept in some that morning since it was just a departure day and I had no real plans until my flight. Once I did get up I took my shower and started packing up all my stuff. At some point while I was packing I took another picture of my room.

Once I finished packing up I headed up to luggage services to leave my checked bags with them. My DME bus wasn't until 3pm so I didn't want to have to haul my suitcases around all day. The line was pretty long already so I waited about 20 minutes altogether to get up to the front of the line. Since there was nothing else to do, I took pictures!

The woman in front of me complained the entire time about how slow the CMs were and how the guests should already have all their info out for the CMs to make it go faster. Then when it was her turn, she had absolutely nothing in terms of paperwork, flight info, etc. And she was mad the CM didn't have it for her! :mad: Some people just make me lose faith in humanity.

Once I got checked in, but the very nice CM who had to deal with the woman in front of me, I headed into Everything POP to grab something to eat. It was about 10:30am and I wanted breakfast so I got the Bounty Platter.

It was good, as always. I still had 4 hours until I had to be ready for DME so I decided to head over to DTD for some window shopping.

The weather was gorgeous that day and the DTD bus arrived quickly. There weren't many people waiting so I got to sit on a half-full bus. I did take a few pictures as I rode to the Marketplace side.

I was at the Marketplace stop in no time and headed into DTD. The Christmas decorations had started going up.

I walked from one end of DTD to the other, doing some window shopping along the way. The only picture I took on the walk toward West Side was of Characters in Flight.

I went into World of Disney for a while. I get lost in that store every time! I did buy myself a bracelet while in there but didn't get a picture of it. Not that it matters, as 2 days after I got back one of the dogs I was walking jumped on my and broke it. Thankfully it was a cheap one so while I was sad it broke I wasn't mad. I know not to wear anything I don't want to risk being destroyed around the dogs and cats I watch!

After World of Disney I headed over to Art of Disney.

I was looking for a print of the picture of Mickey and Minnie sitting on the beach, looking over the water at the Castle. Kathy, didn't you get that one, with Nicki's help I believe? Unfortunately they were sold out and wouldn't be getting more for a few weeks at least. They gave me the artist's contact information to ask him if I could order a copy from him, but I lost it sometime between there and getting home. I plan on stopping in again this upcoming trip to try to find it.

After a few hours I decided to head back to POP Century to grab something to eat and make sure I was back in time for DME.

As always, we stopped at Pleasure Island and I had another driver swap. I don't remember ever not having a shift change when I left DTD.

After about 15 minutes we got our new driver on the bus and left for POP. Here is Typhoon Lagoon (with a horrible reflection!).

When I got back to POP I walked right to the food court. I wasn't very hungry, but wanted something small to eat. I settled on the Breadsticks with Marinara sauce and a banana, using the last of my snack credits.

I still had about 45 minutes until I wanted to get over to the DME stop, so I walked around taking more pictures of POP. First up was the food court. The exposed ceiling (which is a feature I love) and a decent shot of the whole food station area.

Then some of the shoe shadow boxes in the lobby area...

...and a bench by the check-in area of Classic Hall.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I then walked out front of Classic Hall to take some more pictures of POP Century.

Around 2:45pm I went to the DME sign and sat on a bench right by it.

We were supposed to start loading around 3pm, and that is what happened. I was the first one waiting, but there were quickly many others that joined me waiting. I did take a couple last pictures of some Christmas decorations at POP.

The bus pulled up a few minutes before 3pm...

...and after a few minutes of the driver and POP CM talking about everything and getting the luggage all loaded (I made sure I saw both of my suitcases go in!), they started loading people. I was first in line, but let a family with a whiny child go in front of me so they could get him seated and calm him down. He was only about 2 years old and was just whiny since that was his nap time. He actually fell right to sleep so no more problems once he got on. I wound up sitting right behind the driver.

My driver was great, so I took a picture of his nameplate so I knew who to write Guest Services about. :goodvibes

If you get Creeton as your DME driver be happy, he was so funny and nice to everyone. He told jokes the whole ride, gave interesting facts about WDW and Florida in general and was just a good guy.

As we started to pull out he turned on the video, though more people talked to him then watched it.

A last shot of the POP Century Classic Years sign as we left...

We passed AoA but didn't stop there.

We stopped at CBR and a few more people loaded on. It didn't take too long, maybe 15 minutes to get all the luggage and people on board. The bus still wasn't full when we pulled away, but we didn't make any other stops.

Soon we were passing the back of the welcome sign, which I have now dubbed the saddest view, since arriving is the happiest side of it for sure!

We all talked the whole time and were pulling into MCO in no time.

I got off at the first terminal and went to the Southwest check-in, once I found it! I did get a bit turned around in there, but not too bad. Security wasn't bad either and I was through it and on the mini-monorail in about 10 minutes. I found my gate quickly.

As you can see from the second picture it was about 5pm by then and my flight was still on time. I don't remember where I got dinner from, but I ate over at the gate in one of these comfy chairs:

BWI also has those nice plush chairs with outlets for charging and I love them.

About 25 minutes before we were set to depart our plane arrived.

We loaded early and took off about 2 minutes before we were scheduled. It was a smooth, nice flight. I didn't take any pictures along the flight, which is weird for me. I was a bit sad to be going home and wound up just reading a book I had on me the whole way.

The plane landed about 10 minutes early. My parents were picking me up since I didn't want to have to pay to leave my car at BWI the whole time I was gone. They actually walked into the baggage claim area about 10 seconds after I did. Once I got my bags we left the airport and I was home in about 15 minutes to my cats and Phoenix!!

NEXT TIME: TRIP WRAP-UP AND FAVORITE PICTURES!

I hate last days, but you certainly made the best of it witheating at your resort, going to DTD and window shopping and then back to your resort and taking pictures.

I believe we've had that ME driver before...the name sounds familiar and I remember we had oen that told jokes all of the time too.

I hate last days, but you certainly made the best of it witheating at your resort, going to DTD and window shopping and then back to your resort and taking pictures.

I believe we've had that ME driver before...the name sounds familiar and I remember we had oen that told jokes all of the time too.

Last days just suck. :worried: I try to do a lot on the last day so I feel like I spent every minute enjoying my stay.

He was a really good driver. My one there was good too, very friendly just not as outgoing and chatty. I'm hoping I get good drivers again in September!

Great pics! :goodvibes

Thanks!

See if I don't take notes, I forget things. Yes, Nicki got me my Mickey/Minnie print in the sand overlooking the castle at the shop at Downtown Disney (this was a month after we were there and hadn't had it).

See if I don't take notes, I forget things. Yes, Nicki got me my Mickey/Minnie print in the sand overlooking the castle at the shop at Downtown Disney (this was a month after we were there and hadn't had it).

Ok good, glad I wasn't losing my mind thinking that was you! :lmao:

I hate last days : / they are the worst!!! We left on an earlier flight and did so much rushing around. I hoping our next trip with our later departure it's easier...

However I am looking forward to your wrap up!!

I hate the last day of a trip. But you made a nice leasurely day out of it. I like later flights like that so you can take your time getting to the airport.

Thanks for all the pictures of POP. I haven't stayed there since 2010 and seeing all the pictures made me miss it!

You made good use of your last day at Disney. I always try to drag out every last second that I can get before we have to drive off Disney property. It sounds like the trip home was uneventful at least.

SAT887 said:
I hate last days : / they are the worst!!! We left on an earlier flight and did so much rushing around. I hoping our next trip with our later departure it's easier...

However I am looking forward to your wrap up!!

My flight in September is earlier, but I still won't be getting on DME until 11ish. I don't like feeling rushed the departure day.

Wrap-up should be today it tomorrow!

Pluto0809 said:
I hate the last day of a trip. But you made a nice leasurely day out of it. I like later flights like that so you can take your time getting to the airport.

Thanks for all the pictures of POP. I haven't stayed there since 2010 and seeing all the pictures made me miss it!

I like to have time the last morning to see or do anything outside the parks that I hadn't done yet.

I really love POP. I'm sure I will love CBR from all I know, but its nice to know I have POP to stay at I'm the future if I don't.

mickeystoontown said:
You made good use of your last day at Disney. I always try to drag out every last second that I can get before we have to drive off Disney property. It sounds like the trip home was uneventful at least.

It was pretty uneventful. I was on the aisle seat so I couldn't take pictures so I read.

Always the saddest update to any TR... :sad2:

It looks like you made the most of your travel day though. I love the food court, and the resort in general, at Pop Century. So I guess if you do have to leave, spending some time at DTD and then hanging around POP is a nice way to spend the day.

afwdwfan said:
Always the saddest update to any TR... :sad2:

It looks like you made the most of your travel day though. I love the food court, and the resort in general, at Pop Century. So I guess if you do have to leave, spending some time at DTD and then hanging around POP is a nice way to spend the day.

They just changed the whole menu at POP Century in May and from what I have read its not well liked. They got rid of a lot of the favorites, like all the Moms Night Out meals.

You always have to leave eventually, and since its a sad day I figure I should try to keep busy and not think about leaving.

POST TRIP WRAP-UP:

I was trying to decide exactly how I wanted to do this, and settled on some of my favorites, new things I tried and things I don't need to do again. So, in no particular order, here are the categories!

NEW ATTRACTIONS (FOR ME!):

Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted Tales with Belle
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain EO

ATTRACTIONS I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING AGAIN:

Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted Tales with Belle
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain EO

NEW RESTAURANTS FOR ME (CS & TS):

Be Our Guest (CS)
Coral Reef (TS)
Cinderella's Royal Table (TS)

And I loved them all!

ALL CHARACTER MEETINGS FOR ME:

Mickey and Minnie
Rapunzel and Flynn
Aurora (alone)
Aurora and Prince Phillip
Snow White (alone)
Snow White and Snow Prince
Cinderella (alone)
Cinderella, Charming, Lady Tramaine and the Stepsisters
Wendy and Peter Pan
Scrooge McDuck
Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
Jasmine (alone)
Ariel (alone)
The Seven Dwarfs
Tiana and Naveen
Captain Jack Sparrow
Santa Goofy
Mickey (alone)
Minnie (alone)
Pluto
Tinkerbell
Periwinkle
Daisy Duck

Wow, that is a lot more than I thought!

FAVORITE PICTURES I TOOK, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

So, that's it! I hope you enjoyed this TR, and join me on my new PTR, which is linked in my signature. Thanks everyone for joining in!

Steph, I love the wrap-up...well done. I'm glad you enjoyed Coral Reef...that one gets such a mixed bag of reviews and we have loved our last two visits.

Love the pics you selected as your favorites.

You did a great job on the TR!

When I saw Captain EO on the list of new attractions, I just knew it would also be on the no interest in doing again list as well. :rotfl2::lmao: Really, why did they even bring it back?? :confused3

I was a little bit blown away by your list of characters. I knew you met a lot of them during the party nights, but I guess when you see the whole list in one place it is a little bit more impressive. Nicely done! :thumbsup2

The pictures are fantastic. You had a lot of very good options to choose from. I truly enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the pictures you were able to capture.

Wow! It's amazing how much you did on your trip!!! I love all your favorite photos and can see why you loved them. Also, listing everyone you met WOW!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter