Hawkeye

I do find it a bit unusual that they've shown things like a firefighter just taking stuff from the scene of a fire and a police officer willing to grab stuff from an evidence locker. But then again the suspension of disbelief is part of the MCU.

So, where to start? I watched when it came out and couldn’t post to DIS since it was down. Haven’t really seen any recaps yet so this is from memory.

Jack was framed by Eleanor. Eleanor is arrested. Turns out she worked with Kingpin to pay of debts from her late husband and then some.
Maya breaks away from the Tracksuits and shoots Kingpin. His fate is unknown. Sounds like she was never supposed to be part of the operation until Kingpin decided that her dad had to go (tipping off Ronin) so that she would have an incentive to take his place.
Yelena decides not to go through with killing Clint.
The watch was Laura’s from when she was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

So, where to start? I watched when it came out and couldn’t post to DIS since it was down. Haven’t really seen any recaps yet so this is from memory.

Jack was framed by Eleanor. Eleanor is arrested. Turns out she worked with Kingpin to pay of debts from her late husband and then some.
Maya breaks away from the Tracksuits and shoots Kingpin. His fate is unknown. Sounds like she was never supposed to be part of the operation until Kingpin decided that her dad had to go (tipping off Ronin) so that she would have an incentive to take his place.
Yelena decides not to go through with killing Clint.
The watch was Laura’s from when she was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

Okay, watched it tonight:

I doubt Kingpin is dead - it takes a lot to keep him down! The fight with Kate was great because it showed just how big and powerful he is. Action movies love to show the small-fry being faster than the big dudes, but the fact is weight matters. He batted Kate off like a bug! I was a little disappointed that th e"way too dangerous" arrow wasn't all that spectacular - but enough to knock Kingpin out for a minute - AFTER he got full-on hit by a car I might add.

Laura's SHIELD watch is interesting because 19 is the Mockingbird's number, but Bobbi Morse was also in Agents of SHILED - of course, whether that's canon or not seems up for debate. Then again, all that just comes out of the comics, so there could be no connection at all.

That Rogers the Musiclal number is terrible! There's no way a show with production values like that hits big on Broadway today!

Okay, watched it tonight:

That Rogers the Musiclal number is terrible! There's no way a show with production values like that hits big on Broadway today!

The quality of the composition was actually quite good, but some of the costumes (just sweats or hoodies) seemed more like they couldn't afford anything more. It was still cringeworthy, if only because show tunes are often really cheesy.

It was also weird with the filming at Rockefeller Center since it's associated heavily with NBC. But they don't own it and probably can't control what the owners allow.

Watched the finale tonight. Extremely well done. It didn't feel rushed and they tied up everything well and set up several possible spinoffs.

The quality of the composition was actually quite good, but some of the costumes (just sweats or hoodies) seemed more like they couldn't afford anything more. It was still cringeworthy, if only because show tunes are often really cheesy.

It was also weird with the filming at Rockefeller Center since it's associated heavily with NBC. But they don't own it and probably can't control what the owners allow.

Yeah, it's mostly the costumes and backgrounds - I mean alien spaceships on strings? I saw Aladdin and they had a magic carpet that could actually fly! This just seemed cheesy.

Yeah, it's mostly the costumes and backgrounds - I mean alien spaceships on strings? I saw Aladdin and they had a magic carpet that could actually fly! This just seemed cheesy.

I'm not going to put it in a spoiler any more since Rogers: The Musical is in the public spots for Hawkeye. In a way I think it was intentionally meant to be cheesy. They had the original costumes from the MCU movies somewhere that could have been reused. There was cosplay in Hawkeye (also in the spots) that was better than Ant-Man in a hoodie. Even if they had a smaller actor playing Thor, remember the Thor costume that Luke Hemsworth wore?

But the music is free for all to view.

And yeah I've seen better wire work with Cirque du Soleil.

I thought Hawkeye's Season Finale was impressive and very great but I did notice the ending was inspired by the ending of Planes Trains And Automobiles where Steve Martin finally gets home and introduces John Candy but I think that we will see more characters get their own shows like we already know about Maya's show but The Kingpin will most likely return in Hawkeye Season 2 or get his own series. But my favorite part was seeing Hawkeye in a tuxedo and gosh does he look cute when he's dressed like that. Probably he dresses like that to impress girls and that scene made me smile and blush when I saw it. Mom was impressed with Hawkeye's Season Finale too and can't wait to see what will happen in Season 2

I'm not going to put it in a spoiler any more since Rogers: The Musical is in the public spots for Hawkeye. In a way I think it was intentionally meant to be cheesy. They had the original costumes from the MCU movies somewhere that could have been reused. There was cosplay in Hawkeye (also in the spots) that was better than Ant-Man in a hoodie. Even if they had a smaller actor playing Thor, remember the Thor costume that Luke Hemsworth wore?

But the music is free for all to view.

And yeah I've seen better wire work with Cirque du Soleil.

No, I agree - it's supposed to be "bad" but it also seems like it's a big, big show. It doesn't seem to have the budget to be that big. I have heard some fans remark that they'd like to see it in its entirety - please no.

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
I did crack up at the line:
If the city is trashed when you take your bow
We'll blame you then, but you're good for now

But yeah, that was terrible.

Just wondering about the thing about labelling arrows.

Why did she use a classic Dymo style embossed label maker? Wouldn't they throw off the aerodynamics of the arrows and perhaps add too much weight. Something like a Brother P-Touch or a Dymo LabelWriter would make more sense for labelling the arrows.

I'm also wondering why a crime boss who is so incredibly powerful employ such absolutely incompetence henchmen such as the Tracksuit Mafia?

Just wondering about the thing about labelling arrows.

Why did she use a classic Dymo style embossed label maker? Wouldn't they throw off the aerodynamics of the arrows and perhaps add too much weight. Something like a Brother P-Touch or a Dymo LabelWriter would make more sense for labelling the arrows.

Well, I think they used what they had - it was supposed to be a little funny. They are probably good enough to compensate.

I'm also wondering why a crime boss who is so incredibly powerful employ such absolutely incompetence henchmen such as the Tracksuit Mafia?

That's the lot of being a villain - good help is hard to find. A few of them weren't incompetent, like Maya and Kazi were pretty sharp. But, you know, when working with hired goons you get what you get - that's why it's quantity over quality.

I should have proofread this better.

Classic comic book bad guys' minions.

The henchmen in James Bond movies may be hapless, quirky, or overmatched, but they're rarely depicted as buffoons.

Even Austin Powers tried to give a henchman a backstory once, although it ended up in a deleted scene. And yeah I remember the part that made the cut had him just standing there yelling rather than just getting out of the way of a slow approaching steamroller.

Apparently they had a post credits scene, but it’s not explained if it was planned and never made, or made and just not used. This is from an animator who worked on the visual effects.

While she claimed it was autocorrect, a bris would have been more interesting.

I tried putting it in a spoiler but it still showed the full tweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter