Hawkeye

I didn't expect to like it, but I do. It is a lot of fun. The character Maya is awesome. I look forward to her spin off series.

I finally watched the first two episodes and it's okay. The first episode needed more Clint. Kate is not all that likeable at times, thoguh sometimes she is, mostly when around Clint. She seems like maybe she is bi-polar or something? I don't know her that well from the comics so I am not sure what to think. It's a slow start though.

Last edited:
I finally watched the first two episodes and it's okay. The first episode needed more Clint. Kate is not all that likeable at times, thoguh sometimes she is, mostly when around Cling. She seems like maybe she is bi-polar or something? I don't know her that well from the comics so I am not sure what to think. It's a slow start though.

We're completely missing the context of why she hates her mom's fiancé so much from the start. Hopefully they fill that in at some point.

We're completely missing the context of why she hates her mom's fiancé so much from the start. Hopefully they fill that in at some point.

Yeah, it's like there is something missing. I mean, I know why based on the name, but she is immediately suspicious for no reason. Falcon & The Winter Soldier suffered from the same thing where Falcon was so sympathetic to Karli, but we never really get why. I think these shows are getting a little sliced up and maybe they are leaving out key scenes. I mean, I don't hate it so far, but I am not sold on Kate yet. I like her when she is in manic, hero-wroship mode, but not so much when she is dour. We need more of the former!

Yeah, it's like there is something missing. I mean, I know why based on the name, but she is immediately suspicious for no reason. Falcon & The Winter Soldier suffered from the same thing where Falcon was so sympathetic to Karli, but we never really get why. I think these shows are getting a little sliced up and maybe they are leaving out key scenes. I mean, I don't hate it so far, but I am not sold on Kate yet. I like her when she is in manic, hero-wroship mode, but not so much when she is dour. We need more of the former!

Yeah, it was really jarring when she instantly became super antagonistic for no apparent (to the viewer) reason. Outside of that she's perfectly likeable.

Yeah, it was really jarring when she instantly became super antagonistic for no apparent (to the viewer) reason. Outside of that she's perfectly likeable.

Eh, I like her when she is with Clint and really loves him and tries to excitedly impress him. I don't like her when she is dour and angsty. I wouldn't mind if they did say she was abit manic or bi-polar or something as that would explain the extremes. One thing I DO NOT want to see is how they turned Clint into a total doofus in the comics in order to aggrandize Kate. She can be just as good as him and that's fine, but he doesn't have to be torn down to build her up. I do not think they will go that way with MCU Clint though since he's somewhat of a different character.

There are hints in the episode 4 promo. I'll just say it's related to a post-credits scene in a particular MCU movie.

It's certainly trying to get across that even the bad guys love their families. Maya's father was in her life and highly supportive, yet he's still a criminal serving a criminal enterprise that he brings his daughter into.

Stayed up late to watch episode 4. There were plenty of rumors about who that might be the masked assassin in the promo, but the reveal was still pretty good.

I was impressed at today's Hawkeye episode and I can say it's getting better and better. I was amazed at how well Hawkeye fought with toughness at the end with the big battle but I felt really bad that Hawkeye and Kate had to bicker and possibly no longer work as a team together but I hope they can work it out soon in the next episode. Mom was heading to my room and she couldn't help herself to watch and she was staring into space before I said good bye to her. Already Mom is a Hawkeye addict and she watches on Fridays "Of course Mom envies me because I get to see Hawkeye first every Wednesday morning before she does"

I agree that it's getting better. The first one was kind of slow, and the second an improvement, but the third and fourth episodes have really knocked it out of the park! I am still not sure why everyone likes Echo so much - as far as villains go, I like Jaques DuQuense WAY more! I like how they are not making Hawkeye job to the new characters either - his experience and skill are on display 100% and I love it!

I agree that it's getting better. The first one was kind of slow, and the second an improvement, but the third and fourth episodes have really knocked it out of the park! I am still not sure why everyone likes Echo so much - as far as villains go, I like Jaques DuQuense WAY more! I like how they are not making Hawkeye job to the new characters either - his experience and skill are on display 100% and I love it!

I agree, I so far find Jaques a much more interesting character than Echo, I feel like I've seen the storyline they're giving her a lot lately (not necessarily in Marvel, just in general).

What I really like about Hawkeye - as well as Wandavision and Falcon And The Winter Soldier - is that we're getting to explore the consequences of these huge moments for the characters and how they're all dealing with everything that's happened to them and losses they've suffered.

I think part of the buzz is that there's the Echo series coming up that may serve as her redemption story, and they had a sympathetic backstory even if her dad was a criminal and that she was drawn into the criminal aspect of her family. And most of all there are comic book geeks who know the comic book origins of the character.

And strangely enough it's Jack Duquesne. They don't seem to explain where Armand and Jack come from, although Tony Dalton is Mexican and Simon Callow is English. His mannerisms is of someone who worked really hard to sound American, but gets little things wrong like common expressions. They don't really explain the origin, and it obviously doesn't match up with the comic book origin story where Jack ends up mentoring Clint.

Didn't really know much about Tony Dalton.

My mom thought this week's Hawkeye was a disappointment and she really hopes that the next episode will be better. The worst part was that Mom was watching Hawkeye right in the middle of my rest and I thought I was dreaming when I heard Hawkeye speak and I couldn't get back to sleep afterwards. So my saying is "never try to nap when seeing your crushes because they distract your sleep"

Exactly what I thought. The first 2 episodes were done well, but very slow pacing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter