Hawaii 2020

Thank You! So if I pay the deposit and decide to go on a different cruise, will I lose part of the deposit or can I transfer the whole thing to another cruise?
I just saw the hold option at checkout. Whew - what frenzy morning with this cruise!
I was just typing to tell you I had the same experience and ended up finding "hold" on the payment page. So glad so many of us are having success after the nightmare of trying to book this morning!

I am new to this but why are there GTY rates now? I figure with the demand charge and let us pick rooms?? I thought GTY was a reduced rate and then the O/I/V TY were the next discounted level when the ship is emty????

It's unusual, and I don't quite understand it either.

I am new to this but why are there GTY rates now? I figure with the demand charge and let us pick rooms?? I thought GTY was a reduced rate and then the O/I/V TY were the next discounted level when the ship is emty????

GTY is not a reduced rate. GTY is when there is very limited availability and Disney will choose the room for you (in at least that category or better.) There are no limitations with a GTY (other than not getting to pick your room.) This will just say "guaranteed stateroom" and have a category attached to it.

IGT/OGT/VGT are the reduced rates, usually when a category hasn't sold very well and it's after PIF date. This is the rate where no changes can be made. It will say "guaranteed (I/O/V) stateroom with restrictions."

Thank You! So if I pay the deposit and decide to go on a different cruise, will I lose part of the deposit or can I transfer the whole thing to another cruise?
If you put a deposit on a room (not Concierge), that deposit is fully refundable up until the Paid in Full date. Concierge deposits are not refundable.

When a certain percentage of rooms within a category have been reserved the category goes GTY (guaranty). There are still rooms in that category not booked, but DCL uses them to manipulate the reservations later. Those reservations will receive their room assignment at a later date (anytime between booking date and embarkation date). The cost for a GTY reservation is the same as if you selected a specific room.

Since there's a whole lot of interest in the Hawaii cruises, and a lot of people put 3 day holds on some rooms, it appears that a lot of rooms onboard have been booked. Some of these will open up after the 3 day hold (after people re-think "how much is airfare? Can I get time off work? Take kids out of school?"

Sadly, since so many reservations were made, the prices have increased. Chances are, even if all the 3 day holds cancelled, the price will not go down.

IGT, OGT, VGT are the last minute restricted fares that DCL offers on those cruises that aren't selling well, usually after the Paid in Full date.

If you put a deposit on a room (not Concierge), that deposit is fully refundable up until the Paid in Full date. Concierge deposits are not refundable.

When a certain percentage of rooms within a category have been reserved the category goes GTY (guaranty). There are still rooms in that category not booked, but DCL uses them to manipulate the reservations later. Those reservations will receive their room assignment at a later date (anytime between booking date and embarkation date). The cost for a GTY reservation is the same as if you selected a specific room.

Since there's a whole lot of interest in the Hawaii cruises, and a lot of people put 3 day holds on some rooms, it appears that a lot of rooms onboard have been booked. Some of these will open up after the 3 day hold (after people re-think "how much is airfare? Can I get time off work? Take kids out of school?"

Sadly, since so many reservations were made, the prices have increased. Chances are, even if all the 3 day holds cancelled, the price will not go down.

IGT, OGT, VGT are the last minute restricted fares that DCL offers on those cruises that aren't selling well, usually after the Paid in Full date.
So it could be that in a few days regular rooms open up where I can modify, but risk paying more. I did not realize GTY were the same rate as a “normal” booking.

So it could be that in a few days regular rooms open up where I can modify, but risk paying more. I did not realize GTY were the same rate as a “normal” booking.
I thought if you have a room booked and then switch to a different room you pay the rate the rooms were at the time of your booking not the new rates? I don't really know much about the GTY, I won't book a cruise where I can't select the room I'm way too picky.

So is there any chance of non GTY rooms opening back up or will the cancellations go into the GTY bucket?

So is there any chance of non GTY rooms opening back up or will the cancellations go into the GTY bucket?

I have been wondering this same thing. I'm so confused why they keep releasing groups of guaranteed rooms.

I was hoping to move our 9c gty to 9b but 9b already $400 more than it was yesterday (plus when I actually click on it says not available)...
So while I believe staterooms will open up I don’t know how many will be moving with the price increase already.

Another general question. I can continue to modify as many times as possible? I already modified 1x today.

Another general question. I can continue to modify as many times as possible? I already modified 1x today.
I believe so. I've modified twice and have honestly just been sitting in the "modify" page most of the day and hitting refresh until I find what I'm looking for.

Assuming you make a reservation now, you will only pay more later if you upgrade to a higher stateroom category. Rates are locked in as of the day you initially book.

I'd be surprised if they reverted back to choose-your-room after reaching GTY. I suspect they will keep any canceled inventory as GTY. You can always make a request, but no guarantee you'll get it.

As far as I know, as long as you already have a reservation on a specific cruise, the price you pay is the price it was on the day you made the original booking.
So if I understand (your understanding ;) correctly if I booked 9c gty on the gold day but I want to move to 9b once they open up the price for that 9b will be same as it was the day I booked? Even though it’s gone up since?

I was hoping to move our 9c gty to 9b but 9b already $400 more than it was yesterday (plus when I actually click on it says not available)...
So while I believe staterooms will open up I don’t know how many will be moving with the price increase already.
I believe, since you already have a reservation on that cruise, the price you pay will be the price it was the day you made the original reservation. At least that's how it is if someone wants to upgrade a room later (closer) to their cruise.

Pretty sure you can. Generally, DCL will be happy to take your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter