• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaii 2020

Yes, Pearl Harbor is on Oahu. And the movie scene you want is at Kualoa Ranch on the windward side of Oahu. It is GORGEOUS over there as that is the rainy side of the island. Resorts in Hawaii are almost ALL on the leeward/dry side of the islands. :cutie:
Thanks! I already have my days planned of what I want to do lol. I wonder if Disney would offer an excursion on the last day to some of these places and then drop off at the hotel.

So just the 10nt seems to be posting GTY availability right now. Has anyone seen the 9nt show up again?

I have to say that this has been a CRAZY unfolding to watch! I have never once tried to book opening day or even close. Is it ALWAYS so insane?? I would not have believed the Hawaii sailings would have been scarfed up the way they have. I expected brisk initial bookings but not this chaos. Can you imagine being the DCL CM's in a room at the corporate offices watching inventory and juggling prices and availability minute by minute? :scared1:

Well we need 2 rooms (family of 6). Nothing available 1st thing this morning. Got kids to school and came home to try again. I could only book 1 room under my account (some note about limited to 1 room for early booking) so I put a hold on it (9D GTY for $6k). Logged in as DH and nothing available for a 2nd room. Guess I will keep refreshing. I haven't gone back to check the pricing thread, but it seems like the price has gone up.

I have to say that this has been a CRAZY unfolding to watch! I have never once tried to book opening day or even close. Is it ALWAYS so insane?? I would not have believed the Hawaii sailings would have been scarfed up the way they have. I expected brisk initial bookings but not this chaos. Can you imagine being the DCL CM's in a room at the corporate offices watching inventory and juggling prices and availability minute by minute? :scared1:
I didn't expect it either, with it being a long trip during school.

I wonder if Disney would offer an excursion on the last day to some of these places and then drop off at the hotel.

You sound like me! :laughing: You know, I was wondering something similar..... since the Wonder will be "turning around" in Honolulu, I was curious if they will allow me to book Oahu excursions say, the day BEFORE I board for the 10 night as we will be on island. Honolulu is really just a stop, not a port of call the way the cruises are set up, so I would think excursions will be allowed to be booked a bit outside of normal parameters but I surely could be wrong. :goodvibes

I booked this morning around 6:15 am an inside.. showed then only inside and concerierge... for the 9 night...
I just went in to take a look and went via my reservation and "changed room" and almost everything was available.. went from a inside to a 9B OV.. which is what we wanted.. verandah was almost 2500 more for us not really worth it..

so people check NOW!!! maybe going in via my reservation helped????

Now I need to check if deck 2 is ok... would could pay more to be higher up.

I really hope the have the offers for Aulani like they did in 2012.
We booked a standard room for 5 nights at 30% off and free breakfast every morning. They upgraded us to a partial ocean view that was beautiful.

I really hope the have the offers for Aulani like they did in 2012.
We booked a standard room for 5 nights at 30% off and free breakfast every morning. They upgraded us to a partial ocean view that was beautiful.

That sounds nice. Where was a the deal offered back then?

Thanks! I already have my days planned of what I want to do lol. I wonder if Disney would offer an excursion on the last day to some of these places and then drop off at the hotel.

They might offer pre and post cruise add-on packages, which guarantee an Aulani stay. Uggh. more competition to get a room! I may have to barter with an Aulani DVC'er to secure at the 11mo booking window. This is going to be tight.

btw. We visited Pearl Harbor and took the Kualoa Ranch premiere movie tour where they drive you around in style in a Mercedes Sprinter. Highly Recommend!! Yes, you need a car but they have onsite rental agencies right at Aulani as an added convenience as well.

You sound like me! :laughing: You know, I was wondering something similar..... since the Wonder will be "turning around" in Honolulu, I was curious if they will allow me to book Oahu excursions say, the day BEFORE I board for the 10 night as we will be on island. Honolulu is really just a stop, not a port of call the way the cruises are set up, so I would think excursions will be allowed to be booked a bit outside of normal parameters but I surely could be wrong. :goodvibes
That would be great! I'm such a planner, I'm driving my Fiance crazy already planning things to do for this trip lol. I already was looking at some excursions Disney has on the website

I booked this morning around 6:15 am an inside.. showed then only inside and concerierge... for the 9 night...
I just went in to take a look and went via my reservation and "changed room" and almost everything was available.. went from a inside to a 9B OV.. which is what we wanted.. verandah was almost 2500 more for us not really worth it..

so people check NOW!!! maybe going in via my reservation helped????

Now I need to check if deck 2 is ok... would could pay more to be higher up.

We sailed the British Isles for 12nts in a 9B OV on Deck 2 and loved it!!!

I am a silver member (Gold after March 2019) and the Hawaii cruise isn't even showing up and we are a family of 4 I am going to cry :(

They might offer pre and post cruise add-on packages, which guarantee an Aulani stay. Uggh. more competition to get a room! I may have to barter with an Aulani DVC'er to secure at the 11mo booking window. This is going to be tight.

btw. We visited Pearl Harbor and took the Kualoa Ranch premiere movie tour where they drive you around in style in a Mercedes Sprinter. Highly Recommend!! Yes, you need a car but they have onsite rental agencies right at Aulani as an added convenience as well.
Is that the name of the tour? That sounds pretty awesome I definitely want to do that. And that would be interesting if Disney offers a package to stay at Aulani, I'd definitely book it. I've always read trip reports of that hotel it's so pretty I want to stay there. We won't be able to do a DVC rental though, it's too locked in. We aren't going to know for certain if we can go until right before the pay deadline.

Is that the name of the tour? That sounds pretty awesome I definitely want to do that. And that would be interesting if Disney offers a package to stay at Aulani, I'd definitely book it. I've always read trip reports of that hotel it's so pretty I want to stay there. We won't be able to do a DVC rental though, it's too locked in. We aren't going to know for certain if we can go until right before the pay deadline.

Alamo car rental is right in Aulani. Pretty sure there are other car rental options in Kapolei which is SUPER close to Aulani as well. And like they did in 2015, you can BET DCL will have a block of hotel rooms at Aulani to offer pre and post cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter