Hawaii 2020

Ok so how does a placeholder expire? If someone booked it but didnt put down the deposit??
Are you using "placeholder" for the 72 hour hold?

A "placeholder" is a deposit you put down while on a cruise for some future cruise (to be taken within 24 months).

The 72 hour hold, if you don't pay the deposit, it will just cancel/disappear. And the room will show up again.

What are the chances you think something on concierge will become available for the 10 night after holds start to expire???

What are the chances you think something on concierge will become available for the 10 night after holds start to expire???
I think those will be a little more tricky to get. The deposit isn't refundable and I think the hold on those rooms are shorter than a normal room? Not sure I think I read that on here. But there's always hope, just keep checking.

Are you using "placeholder" for the 72 hour hold?

A "placeholder" is a deposit you put down while on a cruise for some future cruise (to be taken within 24 months).

The 72 hour hold, if you don't pay the deposit, it will just cancel/disappear. And the room will show up again.

technically speaking "placeholder" applies to both examples by definition as a "quantity that is not yet specified but may occupy that place later".

The deposit for placeholders is required while on an existing cruise to give that On Board Booking Discount with 24 month extension as an incentive. But they too expire.

Last edited:
Aluani was a lot more expensive than the store I went to by aluani. Maybe target forget now a lot more of course it’s disney. I think I got a gallon for what Disney wanted a half for.

I can totally believe that for a couple of reasons....one is that it is a resort and a high end one at that and I can't recall ever seeing "good" prices for grocery items at a resort unfortunately. :sad2: And secondly, it seems the smaller packaging is almost always a LOT more pricey than getting a more standard "full-size" grocery item. But even at Costco in Hawaii, I pay over $8 for a gallon of moo.:cutie:

Okay, they really are "playing" with the inventory. Just refreshed that same incognito Firefox screen and now Verandah has popped up too!

Edit: clicked on the Verandah category as per my post above, and it showed as not available! I keep refreshing and now the 10 night has popped back up!!! o_O Moral of story? KEEP CHECKING! Or CALL, Call!!!

Couldn’t find any availability for either cruise. My friend booked today and got an 11A GTY for over 5 K. Yikes! I think inventory will show up, but price won’t go down. And there is 15 months for people to cancel. Once the 2020 summer cruises come out...id there is something new and exciting, platinums May leave. And when the new ship comes out in 2021, people may bail too. I think there will be lots of rooms, but NOT at that first day price....sadly.

Just saw a deluxe oceanview GTY for $5168 (2A) pop up for the 10 day and quickly put it in on a 3 day hold. Hopefully tomorrow brings better availability / options but if not at least we get on the ship. More than we wanted to spend but oh well.
Since the rooms that keep appearing are GTY are these non refundable and not transferrable? I'm not seeing an option to 'hold' online. I thought payment in full was normally due at time of booking with GTY rooms, but for Hawaii it's only showing a portion for down payment. Just want to know if I'll be able to transfer that to another cruise if we change our minds??

Since the rooms that keep appearing are GTY are these non refundable and not transferrable? I'm not seeing an option to 'hold' online. I thought payment in full was normally due at time of booking with GTY rooms, but for Hawaii it's only showing a portion for down payment. Just want to know if I'll be able to transfer that to another cruise if we change our minds??
The regular GTY bookings are as refundable as if you had selected a room when making the reservation.

Last minute restricted fares (IGT, OGT, VGT) are non-refundable/non-transferable.

The regular GTY bookings are as refundable as if you had selected a room when making the reservation.

Last minute restricted fares (IGT, OGT, VGT) are non-refundable/non-transferable.
Thank You! So if I pay the deposit and decide to go on a different cruise, will I lose part of the deposit or can I transfer the whole thing to another cruise?

I am new to this but why are there GTY rates now? I figure with the demand charge and let us pick rooms?? I thought GTY was a reduced rate and then the O/I/V TY were the next discounted level when the ship is emty????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter