• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaii 2020

For those of you worried about booking our upcoming PC cruise was also "sold out" in the beginning. After about a week it returned to showing availability all over the ship. I think this one will too especially once people do the airfare calculations and realize how much time they'll need off work/school.

For those of you worried about booking our upcoming PC cruise was also "sold out" in the beginning. After about a week it returned to showing availability all over the ship. I think this one will too especially once people do the airfare calculations and realize how much time they'll need off work/school.

I think that will be encouraging to those that either can't yet book, or are not finding what they wanted to book, Darnheather. Thanks for posting that. :flower2:

After well over an hour on hold early early this morning, we were able to get connecting rooms for our party. So happy it worked out. Rooms are disappearing fast.
Our reservation agent was amazing helping us with our OBB credits etc. Congrats to all who got what they are looking for, and good luck with pixie dust to all who are calling or booking online tomorrow.

Aloha!

After well over an hour on hold early early this morning, we were able to get connecting rooms for our party. So happy it worked out. Rooms are disappearing fast.
Our reservation agent was amazing helping us with our OBB credits etc. Congrats to all who got what they are looking for, and good luck with pixie dust to all who are calling or booking online tomorrow.

Aloha!

I've never seen rooms sell out so quickly!!!

I just checked the 9nt. Cat 9A 9B 9C 5A 5C 7A all GTY only. There is 1 Cat T and a few Cat V's and about 20 or so Cat 4's.
there are still some 9D's left on Deck 1 but the majority of cabins remaining are Cat 10 and 11.

So book as soon as you can tomorrow and come join us!!! I'm sure things will level off and open up once we get past this initial booking phase and some cabins on hold release. The Concierge only granted a hold until midnight tonight.

I just checked the 9nt. Cat 9A 9B 9C 5A 5C 7A all GTY only. There is 1 Cat T and a few Cat V's and about 20 or so Cat 4's.
there are still some 9D's left on Deck 1 but the majority of cabins remaining are Cat 10 and 11.

So book as soon as you can tomorrow and come join us!!! I'm sure things will level off and open up once we get past this initial booking phase and some cabins on hold release. The Concierge only granted a hold until midnight tonight.
I just looked and the smaller balcony category is sold out, family one is still available. The 10 night ocean view and balcony are sold out. Crazy how fast these rooms went!

I just looked and the smaller balcony category is sold out, family one is still available. The 10 night ocean view and balcony are sold out. Crazy how fast these rooms went!

I was thinking the same thing. Crazy how these seem to have booked so fast. We'll have to wait and see how many rooms free up once the 3 day hold lapses. Plus DVC opens up booking on pts tomorrow - which will factor in as well.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of inventory and this is for both Hawaiian cruises!

I was thinking the same thing. Crazy how these seem to have booked so fast. We'll have to wait and see how many rooms open up once the 3 day hold lapses. Plus DVC opens up their booking on pts tomorrow - which will factor in as well.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of inventory and this is for both Hawaiian cruises!
I'm guessing some will go back into inventory. But when the deposit is refundable it seems like a no brainer to lock in the lowest price.

Plus DVC opens up booking on pts tomorrow - which will factor in as well.

Though I'm a longtime DVC member, I had not thought about that! I'm betting DCL held some inventory for DVC members. On any given DCL cruise there are a BUNCH of members, and there would be a revolt if DVC member booking day came and there was nothing to book! :crazy2:

I'm guessing some will go back into inventory. But when the deposit is refundable it seems like a no brainer to lock in the lowest price.

True. We booked a Cat V though, and that deposit is non-refundable. So this was a commitment for us. (as you know!)

Though I'm a longtime DVC member, I had not thought about that! I'm betting DCL held some inventory for DVC members. On any given DCL cruise there are a BUNCH of members, and there would be a revolt if DVC member booking day came and there was nothing to book! :crazy2:

good point. I don't how it works between DVC and DCL with inventory. What we've typically done if planning to use points, is book and hold the room with a cash deposit for a good while directly thru DCL, then flip that cabin over to DVC at a date closer to sail. Especially if we plan to use pts for only 1 guest and cash for the other, since you have to pay that full cash price up front for anyone not on points when you book with DVC.

We had just completed our 10th cruise last month, which I am now feeling really fortunate for, since it allowed us to book a room of our choosing yesterday for the 10 night Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. We love both the port and sea day aspects of cruising with Disney so this itinerary is a great mix for us.

Good luck to everyone!

True. We booked a Cat V though, and that deposit is non-refundable. So this was a commitment for us. (as you know!)
I expect a trip report from this cruise! I'm really hopeful we'll actually get to sail, but since I'm trying to plan a pregnancy around then it makes it a little bit more of an unknown. Fingers crossed my child cooperates with my crazy planning lol.

Is Hawaii somewhere people should rent a car over relying on Ubers? We're planning on staying two days after the cruise and would like to do some sightseeing. I've never rented a car before on vacation.

Yes you should have a car. Lots to see on the island of Oahu and none of them are close to aluani

Last edited:
Is Hawaii somewhere people should rent a car over relying on Ubers? We're planning on staying two days after the cruise and would like to do some sightseeing. I've never rented a car before on vacation.

Yes! We always rent a car when we visit an island. The only hesitation I might have is if you are going to stay at Aulani - they charge a fair bit to park a car and rentals can be expensive to start with. For the premium at the resort and with only a couple days you'd have to weigh the pro/con there. Anywhere else though? YES, even with parking logistics and traffic in/around Waikiki.

My understanding is that Aulani runs at pretty full capacity most of the time especially on weekends. At least on the DVC side. I am not sure the cruises will have any real impact on the resort.
Resort business is tricky - and resembles more the cruises. The opportunity cost of a weekend's or a week's occupancy is huge - vs a regular hotel where travellers stay for just a night or two. So, you manage it through pricing - which gives you occupancy but much less revenue. For example, you can book s standard Aulani room in April for $680/night vs the same room in March or December goes for $980/night. If Wonder is going to provide triple your capacity in potential occupancy, the rooms will go for the December rates - and not what you see typically in April.

Agreed - you will have the courtesy holds come off pretty soon. You will also see over time a gradual shift in bookings from Hawaii to those over the March breaks.

That said, I would love for these two itineraries to sell well. Should move DCL to offer Hawaii in other months that are more convenient for families.

I have to say that I think being on the dis boards is bad for me.... i'm tempted to book all the cruises! But seriously, DH and I talked last night and decided...for now... that we are going to aim for spring break 2020 in Hawaii as a land vacation rather than cruising, though I'm still eyeing the Panama Canal. I'm glad not to be watching the HI cruises though b/c as Silver, it's frustrating to see rooms all bought up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter