Hawaii 2020 Questions? Bring 'Em On!

I have seen deals for 5 nights or longer but wondering about a night or 2... which I think is what majority will be doing. I could be wrong.
I doubt they'll have a deal, but could see them setting aside a block of rooms for a couple nights. Since the 9 night ends on a Friday it's perfect to stay Friday and Saturday and then fly home on Sunday. That's what we'll be doing :)

I doubt they'll have a deal, but could see them setting aside a block of rooms for a couple nights. Since the 9 night ends on a Friday it's perfect to stay Friday and Saturday and then fly home on Sunday. That's what we'll be doing :)
With the 10 night we would be staying at Aluani during the week hoping that is cheaper ;)
I wonder if renting dvc points at Aluani is an option..

With the 10 night we would be staying at Aluani during the week hoping that is cheaper ;)

That would be a great way to go -- we've stayed at some great hotels at WDW by renting points that we couldn't otherwise afford.

Absolutely!! wonderful choice and they have the Starlight Luau with Fireworks on Friday night!!
Is this Sheraton near Waikiki? We were tossing ideas around where we will stay after the cruise and of course we checked out Aulani first. No way. Just simply too pricey when you think that if you add in all the expenses such as car parking fees, food it’s at least 600-700 a night for just the two of us. Plus we would rather be near downtown or Waikiki since we might only have one and a half or two days and want to walk around and see things. From my understanding Aulani is pretty far out there. And it would be a shame to spend that much money and not be at the resort 24/7. Weplan to be out and about more than at a resort

Thats where we stayed for our honeymoon almost 32 years ago.
Its was beautiful back then, its been updating a few times since 1987

We renewed our vows on a beach in Maui in 2008 for our 30th. Unforgettable experience. And it turns out the houses above us on the cliff were Oprah Winfrey's and Clint Eastwood's.

I know the difference between the authentic one in Maui and the one at the cultural center is that they don't allow liquor, while the one in Maui does.

:cutie: That is certainly one difference as the Polynesian Cultural Center is run by the LDS church.

Does anyone know if Aluani will set aside some rooms for the Wonder Hawaii guests?
When would we potentially be able to book rooms for April/May 2020?
If they do set a block of rooms aside, are these likely to be discounted in some way or regular price?

I'd be interested to know this myself, although I can't picture Disney discounting anything -- they know they already have you ;)

DCL will most assuredly have a large block of rooms for pre and post cruise at Aulani available. They did in 2015 for the 10 night one-ways. And I have NO doubt they will again. :sunny:

. From my understanding Aulani is pretty far out there. And it would be a shame to spend that much money and not be at the resort 24/7. Weplan to be out and about more than at a resort

Aulani is in Ko Olina, which is a luxe golf community very close to Kapolei. Without bad traffic it is about a 40 minute drive.

I agree. There is so much to see and do! Stay in Waikiki at a fraction of the cost and use the money for luaus

If one has never been to Hawaii ( or never been to Oahu), and only has a couple of days pre or post cruise, as much as I love Aulani I have to agree. Iolani Palace is on Oahu as is the Bishop Museum and WWII Valor in the Pacific Nat'l Monument/Pearl Harbor as well. I found Pearl Harbor easy to drive to from Aulani IF not driving in rush hour. And that's a big if!

I would not rent a car for an entire stay in Waikiki/Honolulu as parking is VERY pricey in Honolulu. The exception would be if you plan on driving a circle island tour (I like the Gypsy app for this). :flower:

Aulani is in Ko Olina, which is a luxe golf community very close to Kapolei. Without bad traffic it is about a 40 minute drive.

If one has never been to Hawaii ( or never been to Oahu), and only has a couple of days pre or post cruise, as much as I love Aulani I have to agree. Iolani Palace is on Oahu as is the Bishop Museum and WWII Valor in the Pacific Nat'l Monument/Pearl Harbor as well. I found Pearl Harbor easy to drive to from Aulani IF not driving in rush hour. And that's a big if!

I would not rent a car for an entire stay in Waikiki/Honolulu as parking is VERY pricey in Honolulu. The exception would be if you plan on driving a circle island tour (I like the Gypsy app for this). :flower:

I agree that Iolani Palace is a must see. Not sure they still have it, but when we stayed at the Hawaiian Hilton, they had a rental car desk in the lobby. We just rented a car for a day here or there and it worked out great as we didn't have to worry about parking. BTW, they had wonderful food at that hotel too.

It is actually quite easy to get around without renting a car. The bus is excellent and goes everywhere. It does take longer of course, but the views are always good, it is air conditioned, no,parking fees and SUPER cheap. I just can not afford aulani and a cruise, so the bus works for me!

It is actually quite easy to get around without renting a car. The bus is excellent and goes everywhere. It does take longer of course, but the views are always good, it is air conditioned, no,parking fees and SUPER cheap. I just can not afford aulani and a cruise, so the bus works for me!
OH will definately check this out.. We are fans of public transport and prefer that over rentals... IF the service is good.

I have heard they have a good transportation system, but we were short on time so the car worked for us so we could get from point A to point B quickly and do more around the area. We never had to pay any parking fees as we didn't use it in town.

It is - that is how my husband and I swung it on our honeymoon in 2011 when they first opened. Only downside is you cannot cancel if you book through David's and some others but it has been worth the savings to us. We rent points whenever we can as we rarely cancel vacations!

Is this Sheraton near Waikiki? We were tossing ideas around where we will stay after the cruise and of course we checked out Aulani first. No way. Just simply too pricey when you think that if you add in all the expenses such as car parking fees, food it’s at least 600-700 a night for just the two of us. Plus we would rather be near downtown or Waikiki since we might only have one and a half or two days and want to walk around and see things. From my understanding Aulani is pretty far out there. And it would be a shame to spend that much money and not be at the resort 24/7. Weplan to be out and about more than at a resort
There are two Sheratons in Waikiki. The main sheraton is on the water and is this super big hotel, the Princess Kaiulani is across the street with a hotel between it and the ocean and is of course cheaper. There are two main areas for hotels, Ko Olina and Waikiki, then there are single hotels and Kahala and Turtle Bay.

The most interesting places to visit are the North Shore and the East Shore but they do not have hotels. Renting a car to drive around the island is a great way to spend a day. Yes Ko Olina with Aulani is pretty isolated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter