Hawaii 2020 Questions? Bring 'Em On!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by southerngirl528, Oct 4, 2018.

1. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

Aloha Fellow 2020 Hawaii Cruisers!

Sooooo, with all the unbelievable craziness of this week and so many of us scrambling to book our choice of stateroom for the LONG awaited DCL Hawaii cruises, (and for ya'll that are still trying to find availability, saying a prayer for ya!) there's bound to be a lot of folks who will be going to Hawaii for the very first time. While I am not a certified expert, we have gone to Hawaii annually for a number of years and stay more than 3 weeks each time. I have spent most of my time on Maui but have stayed at Aulani multiple times and was on both 2012 and 2015 Hawaii sailings. I have no doubt there are lots of folks that love Hawaii like I do, and will be ready to help with questions.

I know April/May 2020 is a long way off, but isn't planning half the fun? So let's start the conversation about the Hawaii 2020 cruises, port adventures, and general Hawaii questions!

Aloha Nui Loa!

cvaska, WDWEPCOT, lorimay and 6 others like this.
  2. southerngirl528

And for the first post, if you want to know a little about the Hawaiian culture and especially if you love music like I do, listen to this video. After many gatherings in the Hawaiian islands it is customary to hold hands, sway back and forth and sing this song together. Gives me "chicken skin" to think of it. :goodvibes

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. tinker&belle

tinker&belle DIS Veteran

We have an Oceanview 9D GTY held. Hoping to grab a better Oceanview room with a Guarenteed Stateroom and one large porthole. We may be the only Silver in Board, lol.

I am wanting to try to go to National Volcano Park but I am curious how feasible this is on our day at Hilo.

southerngirl528 likes this.
  5. ScooterScott44

ScooterScott44 Mouseketeer

We were on The big island in July and flew over the active eruption and lava flows. The park was closed due to the volcanic activity but it was re-opened not long ago. It would be possible but will depend on if there are further eruptions and if there is anything active at the time you visit. Being so far out it is quiet possible that this could change multiple times.

6. southerngirl528

Yay! I'm glad you were able to book something! And I'm betting if you keep a close eye, especially in the next few days (hoping a number of rooms will come off of 3 day holds), you will be able to get closer to what you want! ::yes::

There should be ample time to go to Volcanoes Nat'l Park during our Hilo Day. :cutie: With Kilauea being SO active of late, it will bear keeping an eye on conditions. Here's the link to VNP:

https://www.nps.gov/havo/index.htm

lorimay and tinker&belle like this.
  7. lklgoodman

lklgoodman DIS Veteran

We aren't going on either of the cruises, but I was just thinking about how absolutely adorable Mickey and his friends are going to be in their Hawaiian outfits!! I expect to see lots and lots of pics!! If anyone from previous cruises would like to post any pics they have, I'd love to see them!!:-)

macm525, abja09, Mika02 and 2 others like this.
  8. southerngirl528

:sunny: You must have been typing the same time I was, ScooterScott! Great minds.....:cutie:

ScooterScott44 likes this.
  9. southerngirl528

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and all are SO cute in their Hawaiian outfits! Minnie wears a long mu'umuu dress with a lei. :cutie:

10. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

chip MR1 2011 100_3598 (2).jpg dale hawaii 2012 18126 100_6675 (2).jpg mickey MR1 2011 100_3603 (2).jpg minnie hawaii 2012 18130 100_6679 (2).jpg minnie MR2 2011 15-006 100_4337 (2).jpg TA GOOFY goofy TA 2010 T2442 100_2613.jpg

11. HappilyEverAfter80

HappilyEverAfter80 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for starting this thread! We have never been to Hawaii and have been hoping Disney goes back! We are Gold but still were only able to snag a 9c guarantee. That’s all there was at the time our TA was booking. Hoping to get a 9b or 9a, or maybe 6 but just happy we are all booked now. Paid our deposit last night so it’s not just a “hold” anymore.
    We are on the 10 night- how about everyone else?

12. southerngirl528

PrincessShmoo!!! You and your AMAZING wealth of DCL photos!!! Mahalo!!! :thanks:

WDWEPCOT and RedSox68 like this.
  13. southerngirl528

Hey, it was your great idea! :flower3: I hope it will be a great gathering place for those of us going on the 2020 Hawaii sailings. And maybe for those hoping to go on the next announced Hawaii cruises. :cutie:

So happy your booked! And keep watching inventory, I think you'll be able to get a category you would prefer! :thumbsup2

I'm booked on the 10 night as well. :sunny:

WDWEPCOT and HappilyEverAfter80 like this.
  14. HappilyEverAfter80

15. southerngirl528

RedSox68 likes this.
  16. HappilyEverAfter80

Does anyone have any past Navigators for the Hawaiian sailings?

17. southerngirl528

I may have some somewhere..... but a PP on the other thread said they had ALL theirs from a previous Hawaii sailing I believe. Let me see if I can find that post and ask them to post them here if possible. :cutie:

18. HappilyEverAfter80

I would also love to know for each port... couple of “must-do”s or “must see”...
    To be honest I look at the ports and wonder where it even is... I’m familiar with Maui and Honolulu (on the map hehe) but that’s about it.
    We hope to book Aluani for a couple of nights beforehand.
    No clue when to start looking into that either..

19. ScooterScott44

ScooterScott44 Mouseketeer

Hope everyone has fun.

We had the 10 night on hold with another and choose to keep the other since it coincides with DS’s B-day. It was a hard decision to pass on this itinerary. Glad someone was already able to pick up the room on Wednesday when we put it back.

20. southerngirl528

Nawiliwili is basically almost in Lihue, one of the biggest cities with the main Kauai International airport. It's on the southeast side of the island. :cutie:

Hilo, Hawaii (Big Island) is on the windward/east side of the island. It's the rainy side of the island so it's lush and green. It is also closer to Volcanoes National Park.

I know DCL will have a good sized block of rooms set aside for pre and post cruise bookings for Aulani. They did for the 2015 one way Hawaii sailings. They even had "day room" bookings for the Honolulu port day on the 2012 Hawaii 14 night R/T cruises. Sounds like you're not a DVC member, so I would imagine bookings will open around a year in advance. You could call Aulani reservations to find out when bookings will start for the needed dates. :sunny:

WDWEPCOT likes this.
  21. HappilyEverAfter80

Thanks!
    Correct - not a DVC member..