Having one of them days.

I was going to go with my parents but they want 2 rooms so it wouldnt work out cheaper for me. Plus none of my friends here have kids and hate Disney so thats out the window.

I need one of the money boxes, and i did open a saving account a few months ago and all i have saved is £1.
You will get there Emma just be determined i'm sure you'll do it 2012 will soon come round so get that money box soon:rotfl:i'm sure Kyra will appreciate it when she is a little older too jack was 8 when he went and it really helped with all the walking round he never moaned i practically run round them parks. it's the only holiday that i've been on and lost 5lbs:rotfl:
My friend has no kids but she gets on really well with jack and we understand if anyone was some alone time we have done Dlp together with jack twice and have always got on well. So know that there will no problems or issues.

You will get there Emma just be determined i'm sure you'll do it 2012 will soon come round so get that money box soon:rotfl:i'm sure Kyra will appreciate it when she is a little older too jack was 8 when he went and it really helped with all the walking round he never moaned i practically run round them parks. it's the only holiday that i've been on and lost 5lbs:rotfl:

I think what i will find hard is no DLP trips in between....well maybe i'll be able to afford one :rotfl:

Where can you get a smashable money box? I really need one, how much cash do they hold?

I have the spending spree one i don't know how much they hold but i try not to spend £2 coins (it's amazing how these mount up i also seem doomed into getting these alot in my change when i'm saving and the ocd in me wont let me spend them) i will also stick in pound coins the odd £5 and £10 note jack found £10 outside the house one day that went straight in there and i will occasionally but a scratch card and even if i only won £1 or £2 i would cash it and put it straight in there don't sound like much but every penny counts!!!

I have the spending spree one i don't know how much they hold but i try not to spend £2 coins (it's amazing how these mount up i also seem doomed into getting these alot in my change when i'm saving and the ocd in me wont let me spend them) i will also stick in pound coins the odd £5 and £10 note jack found £10 outside the house one day that went straight in there and i will occasionally but a scratch card and even if i only won £1 or £2 i would cash it and put it straight in there don't sound like much but every penny counts!!!

After my last DLP in Nov I'm going to start saving like a mad woman:lmao:, i will pay off my loan next May so what i used to pay that off im going to put towards WDW.

ooh I like those smashable (sp) money boxes :goodvibes

Good luck with your saving and I can see a new ticker arriving shortly, perhaps you need to stay away from the DLP board ;)

After my last DLP in Nov I'm going to start saving like a mad woman:lmao:, i will pay off my loan next May so what i used to pay that off im going to put towards WDW.
Class it like a bill that you have to pay it!!!
I'm also doing a car boot next week and all the money i make from that will go straight in the bank.
I'm also counting the votes over two nights in june so the money from that will also go in.
Bet you could muster up some old toys and bits for a boot sale.

Class it like a bill that you have to pay it!!!
I'm also doing a car boot next week and all the money i make from that will go straight in the bank.
I'm also counting the votes over two nights in june so the money from that will also go in.
Bet you could muster up some old toys and bits for a boot sale.

I would do a boot sale but my dad refuses to take me, i'll have to stick with Ebay.

It is hard to save we know oh so well it is but we save every penny we have spare going,I'd never get into debt or owe people money for the sake of an holiday.
We have the tin can saving tin's etc..and go from there...I like to "live" though whilst saving this means shopping/days out etc I couldn't imagine having nothing all for the sake of one holiday a year,but some do I guess.
I guess have faith,keep pricing and making note's,wait for offer's etc..and see how things go..and try not to go insane :rotfl:

I took another look at those pots and I don't think I'd be able to smash it, they are too nice :goodvibes

Do you save your ebay money Emma? Maybe transfer that straight into your savings account.

It is hard trying to save up but it will be so worth it when you get there.

Orlando is a fantastic place to go to and it would be lovely if every kid could get there but the reality is a lot do not. However, kids just enjoy spending quality time with their parents wherever they are and that is the key. Going to Disney is lovely but it isn't everything the important thing is just to do things with your child (which is what you do).

As a family, in the past, we have had just as much fun rock pooling at a local beach as we do in Orlando because we enjoy just being all together. I am fortunate in the fact that my sons, who are now 20 and 18, still want to come on holiday with us because that is what I enjoy the most - all of us being together.

Taking Kyra is a lovely aim to do and I would start now. I would check that the savings account you have opened is giving you the most amount of interest, if not open another one. Mostly accounts that you cannot withdraw from over a year are paying the best interest rates. Then start to save a little bit each week and just put it away and forget about it. To make this dream come true you need to save, it is possible.:) Whatever you do don't go into debt to do it, it just isn't worth it.

The best interest rates you can get at the moment are on the tax free ISA's. Mine currently has about £50 in but I automatically have £10 going into it each month and hopefully ill get this job next week and then I plan to put in £100 a month into it. We worked it out that this is the equivalent of one night out each week (or less). I used to be a very compulsive shopper and could easily spend £100 a week on clothes, however I now know I can not continue to do this and have managed to only buy one top since Christmas, it can be done I just keep telling myself that If I keep buying I won't be able to afford Disney.

I also have a terracotta pot that I got for my 21st it's so pretty though I haven't put anything in that one as I don't think I will be able to smash it. :lmao:

Do you save your ebay money Emma? Maybe transfer that straight into your savings account.

It is hard trying to save up but it will be so worth it when you get there.

I do "try" and save my Ebay money lol, sadly i spent the last lot on stuff i probably didnt really need :lmao:

Orlando is a fantastic place to go to and it would be lovely if every kid could get there but the reality is a lot do not. However, kids just enjoy spending quality time with their parents wherever they are and that is the key. Going to Disney is lovely but it isn't everything the important thing is just to do things with your child (which is what you do).

As a family, in the past, we have had just as much fun rock pooling at a local beach as we do in Orlando because we enjoy just being all together. I am fortunate in the fact that my sons, who are now 20 and 18, still want to come on holiday with us because that is what I enjoy the most - all of us being together.

Taking Kyra is a lovely aim to do and I would start now. I would check that the savings account you have opened is giving you the most amount of interest, if not open another one. Mostly accounts that you cannot withdraw from over a year are paying the best interest rates. Then start to save a little bit each week and just put it away and forget about it. To make this dream come true you need to save, it is possible.:) Whatever you do don't go into debt to do it, it just isn't worth it.

I'll get there in the end, I hope :)

The best interest rates you can get at the moment are on the tax free ISA's. Mine currently has about £50 in but I automatically have £10 going into it each month and hopefully ill get this job next week and then I plan to put in £100 a month into it. We worked it out that this is the equivalent of one night out each week (or less). I used to be a very compulsive shopper and could easily spend £100 a week on clothes, however I now know I can not continue to do this and have managed to only buy one top since Christmas, it can be done I just keep telling myself that If I keep buying I won't be able to afford Disney.

I also have a terracotta pot that I got for my 21st it's so pretty though I haven't put anything in that one as I don't think I will be able to smash it. :lmao:

I'm probably not strong enough to smash anything that has money in it :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter