HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great tip! I'm sure with our little early riser we will be there and swimming even before we can check in for the cabana! I'll make sure to inquire about #4. :-) How many cabanas are there?

Only 4!!

Back in the day, when the economy was different they used to book up at the 180 mark. There were days I couldn't get one!! I don't know about any other time other then July, but in July there rarely all booked.

Just posting to announce that we were able after all to book the GF at the end of May!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3: Not as many days, but hey, we'll be at "our" GF!! :woohoo: So excited....(can ya tell?)

Blue, I thought you were joking when you mentioned the "smilie limit"! :rotfl2: There really IS one? Never knew it, but then, my posts are generally not long enough to use that many smilies!
Since we never go during the Star Wars events, I had not heard of that Sci Fi breakfast either. Hope it's fun for ya. :thumbsup2

That's great grannyminnie!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Oh ya..I have "broken" the smilie limit from time to time...maybe even often..then have to go and edit my smilies!!! :faint: Thanks on the breakfast...should be something fun..and different..my DD is very excited about it...lol...

I've got a question re: the MBs. If we already have one from our last trip; and it's supposed to last at least a couple of years (at least that's what I remember reading), then why am I being given the chance on MDE to order and customize our MBs for our upcoming trip in May? :confused3 Do they put new ressies on a new MB each visit? I know there are threads dealing with this (I started researching) but due to the length of them, I thought I'd get a quicker answer from someone here who has already been thru this. :thumbsup2

We have gotten a new one each trip since they started distributing MBs...I think that if you don't customize them they will just ship in grey..I dont think there is currently any way to decline a band... If you brought your previous band that would probably work too since they all seem to be linked in MDE ...:confused3 :upsidedow :flower3: HTH...??? LOL... Uh oh I am going smilie crazy again...gonna be over my limit.. .;)

Wishes Thanks for all of the great cabana info!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes I remember way back when when you had such difficulty booking one summer...Glad thats not the case anymore...

When we are at the GF during the summer months we always try to get a cabana day in..well half day...such a nice way to spend pool time...and I know so importatnt for your DD to have use of...

Candy Hope that you are feeling better by now! :goodvibes

:wave2: k&a&c'smom MickeyNut and all the rest of my fellow GF fans!

~ Speaking of MBs....my AP MB arrived...great new box...and the slider is bright blue ( a color to which I am partial!!) ;)... has :earsboy: and says Passholder 2014 ..Very cool :thumbsup2

Hope that you are having wonderful Wednesday!! :earsgirl:

ETA...One edit..make that four! :blush: And I was ONE over the smilie limit once again...lol...oops...

Just posting to announce that we were able after all to book the GF at the end of May!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3: Not as many days, but hey, we'll be at "our" GF!! :woohoo: So excited....(can ya tell?)

Yay...so glad to hear you got it :banana::banana:

I rent cabanas at least 4 times every year, they are wonderful!!! Your refrig has some sodas and waters and if you ask nicely you can get more of anything. You also get a fruit basket thats delicious and perfect after a swim. The new thing they started to do last summer is get your lunch order for the bar. Its a different menu that Gaspies (very delicious)!!

BTW - we're usually 8 people and we all fit fine, but two are young are rarely in there!!

All this talk about cabanas is making me want one...I think it's time to rethink my week :scratchin

Only 4!!

Back in the day, when the economy was different they used to book up at the 180 mark. There were days I couldn't get one!! I don't know about any other time other then July, but in July there rarely all booked.

We really try to do a few really special things every time we go to WDW - sometimes they are inexpensive (DD haircut at Harmony Barbershop) and sometimes they are a bit more - like a cabana rental! I just think that the family time we get in it will be priceless! Can't wait!

We really try to do a few really special things every time we go to WDW - sometimes they are inexpensive (DD haircut at Harmony Barbershop) and sometimes they are a bit more - like a cabana rental! I just think that the family time we get in it will be priceless! Can't wait!

I hear ya!!! Have you ever tried Pick a Pearl in Japan? If you don't set it there and you take it home its a nice simple treat!!

All this talk about cabanas is making me want one...I think it's time to rethink my week :scratchin

If you can manage it during your stay you will LOVE it!!

That's great grannyminnie!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Oh ya..I have "broken" the smilie limit from time to time...maybe even often..then have to go and edit my smilies!!! :faint: Thanks on the breakfast...should be something fun..and different..my DD is very excited about it...lol...

We have gotten a new one each trip since they started distributing MBs...I think that if you don't customize them they will just ship in grey..I dont think there is currently any way to decline a band... If you brought your previous band that would probably work too since they all seem to be linked in MDE ...:confused3 :upsidedow :flower3: HTH...??? LOL... Uh oh I am going smilie crazy again...gonna be over my limit.. .;)

Wishes Thanks for all of the great cabana info!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes I remember way back when when you had such difficulty booking one summer...Glad thats not the case anymore...

When we are at the GF during the summer months we always try to get a cabana day in..well half day...such a nice way to spend pool time...and I know so importatnt for your DD to have use of...

Love your MB!!!! Can't wait to get ours!!!

Cabanas are the only thing I can help answer questions for!!! :)

Other then Big Pine Key..my favorite building if not staying RPC!!!

Same here!....hence the cabana this time! We are also doing the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise and the Pirates League. DD5 is also doing BBB (she's never been) and DD8 has opted for the kid's pedicure at the GF spa. We did the Harmony Barbershop in 2012 and they both had pink and purple gel streaked through their hair.....with all the humidity, and all their really long hair, it never quite dried and they were sticky messes all night! They thought they looked fantastic though! Haha!

Oh gosh, me too! I hadn't even thought about it until all this cabana chatter began!! :rotfl: Might wait until our August trip tho. That's when it will really be needed! :sunny:

So, Blue, are you saying that any MB we have (old or new) will have our info in it and we can use either of them?

Any thoughts/reccomendations regarding the recently refurbed spa at the GF? We'll be at the GF after 2 nights at BC and 6 nights at YC. The 2 nights at the GF are for relaxation, fine dining and minimal park time. I definitely want to make a spa stop!

BlueSkies,

It was so nice of you to think of me. I feel much better the past two days. The fever and cold lasted about a week. It's not a good time to get sick because it is finally feeling like spring here. Today was sunny and 50 degrees.

I banked 250 of my 750 VGF points. I already booked a week in Dec and Jan during my granddaughter's winter break. I think I might book a week in March, when my granddaughter has spring break. The airfare is very high in March so we have booked May many times after her spring semester is over.

I thought I'd like to try Oct but it's hard during fall semester. She just has to much work to do. Harvard doesn't have any breaks in the fall.

Thanks
Candy

:surfweb: After weeks of checking dining for out upcomming trip..and trying to get a BOG ressie one finally opened up!!!!!!! :wizard: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: Thought I was seeing things when a time popped up!!!! My DD is thrilled!! Me too! :goodvibes

I agree about the family time..priceless...:lovestruc We always do things like that too..just a little something extra to add to the memories!

Oh gosh, me too! I hadn't even thought about it until all this cabana chatter began!! :rotfl: Might wait until our August trip tho. That's when it will really be needed! :sunny:

So, Blue, are you saying that any MB we have (old or new) will have our info in it and we can use either of them?

Nothing lilke a nice cabana day... :sunny: Yes..I do believe that any active (meaning you didn't deactivate them..ther is an option for that on MDE) MBs attached to MDE will work...::yes::

Any thoughts/reccomendations regarding the recently refurbed spa at the GF? We'll be at the GF after 2 nights at BC and 6 nights at YC. The 2 nights at the GF are for relaxation, fine dining and minimal park time. I definitely want to make a spa stop!

No spa recommendations..but..since its always about the food...lol....I would say a ressie at Narcoosees for an evening of fine dining! :goodvibes

Wishes With all of those GF trips under your belt I think that you have lots of experiences to share! :thumbsup2 And I am so glad that you are here sharing them!! :hug:

k&a&c'smom Whatcha up to today??? No tandem posting today! :confused: Hope all is well...

Candy So glad that you are feeling better..and back to planning Disney trips too!!! :goodvibes: We are thinking about a fall trip also... You must be a very proud Grandma..Harvard...how wonderful!

:surfweb: After weeks of checking dining for out upcomming trip..and trying to get a BOG ressie one finally opened up!!!!!!! :wizard: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: Thought I was seeing things when a time popped up!!!! My DD is thrilled!! Me too! :goodvibes

I agree about the family time..priceless...:lovestruc We always do things like that too..just a little something extra to add to the memories!

Nothing lilke a nice cabana day... :sunny: Yes..I do believe that any active (meaning you didn't deactivate them..ther is an option for that on MDE) MBs attached to MDE will work...::yes::

No spa recommendations..but..since its always about the food...lol....I would say a ressie at Narcoosees for an evening of fine dining! :goodvibes

Wishes With all of those GF trips under your belt I think that you have lots of experiences to share! :thumbsup2 And I am so glad that you are here sharing them!! :hug:

k&a&c'smom Whatcha up to today??? No tandem posting today! :confused: Hope all is well...

Candy So glad that you are feeling better..and back to planning Disney trips too!!! :goodvibes: We are thinking about a fall trip also... You must be a very proud Grandma..Harvard...how wonderful!

:cool1: on the BOG reservation! We love that place!

I have actually been stalking for a back up to the reservation we currently have. Our trip is 8/16-8/26 and our BOG reservation is for 8/24...but we still haven't gotten our 2014-2015 school calendar yet...:rolleyes2. Although we should be safe, there is the possibility that we may have to move our dates back to the 14th -24th, thus losing our BOG reservation. :sad:

Fingers crossed the girls just don't start until after Labor Day...

:cool1::cool1:Woo Hoo!! Congrats!! We went last year and we loved it!! We didn't get a great room, I hoping this year to get a better one!!

Hi Grannyminnie!! August would definitely be better!!!

BlueSkies,

It was so nice of you to think of me. I feel much better the past two days. The fever and cold lasted about a week. It's not a good time to get sick because it is finally feeling like spring here. Today was sunny and 50 degrees.

I am glad your feeling better!!:flower3:

Congrats.....glad it all worked out :cool1::cool1:.

I do agree..whats with the blue walls and the black table??? :confused3

I wish I knew :sad2:.

Congrats on getting BOG.....it pays to be persistent :thumbsup2.

Hello, my Grand friends!:wave2:

We are nearly at the 250 page mark, so I've started a 2014 FAQ. I still have a lot of work to do, but please begin posting on the new thread, here's the link.:goodvibes

PS - I skimmed the last few posts, grannyminnie, so glad you were finally able to book the GF for May.pixiedust:

Hello, my Grand friends!:wave2:

We are nearly at the 250 page mark, so I've started a 2014 FAQ. I still have a lot of work to do, but please begin posting on the new thread, here's the link.:goodvibes

PS - I skimmed the last few posts, grannyminnie, so glad you were finally able to book the GF for May.pixiedust:

Thanks...! Just went to the new thread; looks great! :) We appreciate all your hard work and attention to detail to give us a place to congregate! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone I've just booked a breakfast ADR for Chef Mickey's on the morning we check out of GF. Our ADR is for 11:15am, so what time should we be leaving GF, remembering that we have to check out and check our luggage before we go?

Also, do you have to go to the desk to check out? In other hotels (Luxor in Vegas being the one I remember) we filled in a form and left the key card in the room.

Hi everyone! I have a question and I apologize if it has been asked In a previous post. Has anyone done a family portrait at the gf? We Are looking into using Disney Event Photography on our upcoming trip and I would like the portrait to be taken outside on the Gf grounds and I was wondering if anyone has done this? Thanks so much in advance for any feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter